“Great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I couldn't be more satisfied with The Oxford. I've been to five star hotels for triple the price and I was much more satisfied here. The valet and shuttle service were absolutely outstanding. The only thing I disliked was the layout of the bathroom. I will be staying again.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Cpasweetie,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We will be sure to share your comments with our bellmen and valet staff. The hotel offers multiple bathroom configurations, so please let us know your layout preference on your next visit and we will be sure to match you with the perfect layout for your needs. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I made a reservation for a short stay while we had a new preemie in our family at Presbyterian- St Luke's Medical Center. I have made quite a discovery, and so glad I stepped out of the usual big hotel chain for this trip,
Many of the original features of this building have been preserved and/or restored. There are gorgeous old tile floors (check the area just upstairs from the front desk) and when you arrive at your room, look at the door hinges!
There are some older features in the room and a lovely updated bathroom.
The room I stayed in was huge, and this was one of the last rooms available and was discounted, I'm anxious to try a better grade of room next trip,
The bed was extremely comfortable as was the bedding and pillows.
I used the valet for parking, it was easy and fast.
Lastly, I have to admit that I really did not want to leave a review.... I would prefer to keep this little secret to myself! Thanks Oxdord Hotel and staff!

Room Tip: I didn't really have time to plan, so can't truly help here, but I loved my last-minute roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank FDA61
Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear FDA61,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family and we are so glad to add you to The Oxford Hotel family. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we are so grateful that you decided to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit at your home-away-from-home in Denver.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Oxford is a beautiful property with the elegance of a historic building with tons of details and architecturally features. The bed and bath textiles are upper upper. The trim on the drapes had me swooning. Well loved furniture makes you feel at home the way you wished it was. How nice to have a big desk and decent chair!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear KTT,

As a TripAdvisor Top Contributor, you obviously travel often and we are so honored to receive a 5-star review from you. Often, the small details are what separate good from great and we are so pleased that you recognized some of the finer details of our historic hotel. Thank you so much for the feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

From the lobby filled with paintings and a warm fire to the extremely helpful staff - I felt pampered and welcome. I was traveling for business but so enjoyed the neighborhood - terrific independent bookstore around the corner, walkable streets and great places to eat! Downside was the room was small and had no view - but everything in it was thoughtfully chosen for comfort and utility. I cannot recommend the restaurant next door - slow service and not great food, but the coffee in the lobby every morning was well-brewed (no de-cafe) and the staff were so helpful. Oh and free New York Times in the lobby!

Room Tip: I asked for early check-in and got it but I also got a tiny room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Francesca,

Pampering our guests is what we do best and we are grateful that you felt taken care of at The Oxford Hotel. We agree that our LoDo neighborhood is second to none in Denver and will pass on your sentiments to the Tattered Cover Bookstore staff. We will also pass on your feedback to McCormick's to ensure they hear from our guests. Thanks again!

Raton, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My third stay at Denver's Oxford Hotel was near perfect. Access from I-25 is a little difficult because of the one-way streets in the LoDo (Lower Downtown) section of Denver; but once there, the ambience of LoDo and the old charm of this grand hotel absorbed me. Wide, flowing stairways from the lobby and the opulent architecture and interior design are just beautiful. The valets and doormen are dressed in tails and top hats and deliver excellent service, as does the desk staff. Each room is unique. Exploring the passages and common areas on the first and second floors is like touring a living museum. I particularly enjoyed the library, tucked seclusively a half-flight above the lobby.
Add the excellent McCormick's Seafood (and more) Restaurant and separate bar and the experience is complete!
Did I forget to mention the allure and variety within walking distance on LoDo's 16th Street Mall? It runs 20 blocks or so with no motorized traffic except the free shuttle buses that make exploring the whole mall easy. Restaurants, shops, night life, movie complex, etc, etc.
I give it all a 4.5 star rating, because of the access difficulty, which is a small inconvenience to suffer in exchange for the experience of a stay at this excellent hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Dave,

What a treat to read of your adventures at The Oxford Hotel. We are blessed to be able to showcase such a wonderful, historic building but we are even more proud of our incomparable staff. We look forward to your fourth stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

If you looking for Stepping back in time. If you’re looking for an experience outside of the chain hotels, this is it. The Oxford Hotel is exquisitely unique in this day and time. I was traveling with a group of nine and it appears each room had its own flavor, i.e., different layouts. The 1890s décor truly transforms you. The furniture, claw foot tub (in one of my co-worker’s room), cedar lined closet, timeless desk/dressers/night stands were enhanced by the tasseled key chains which were traded in at exiting or entering the hotel.

Be sure you’re looking for this unique stay because you will get the creaking floors and drawers which stick a bit. Unless you are an early riser or have a short work day, you may miss out using the fitness center. However, I found the bike rentals and walks to nearby parks were excellent for my cardio workout in absence of extended fitness center hours.

Right at the new Union Station. Excellent location for Coors Field, and other shops, parks in the lower downtown district.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phyllis W
Dear Phyllis,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our hotel and our award-winning staff. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the timeless amenities and touches provided at The Oxford Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tokyo Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Oxford is clearly the best hotel in Denver for local ambiance, quality service, excellent room, great amenities, and proximity to shopping and restaurants. There was an initial mix-up with my reservation made through an online provider, which the Oxford cleared up quickly and professionally. The staff was friendly, helpful and highly professional. I hesitate to lavish praise on a hotel as this could result in no rooms available for my next booking, but the Oxford derserves the highest praise on all counts.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a top corner room if one is available - large, sunny and great view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Charles,

We are truly honored to receive your effusive praise. Our team strives to exceed expectations and your comments validate our commitment to excellence. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denver.