I'm not a big "consumer" of hotel services - am usually too busy with work to use the hotel for much more than sleeping and using WiFi.
The Oxford Hotel is one of those grand historic hotels that makes you feel like you've entered a different era. I generally prefer hotels that are more modern and here are my thoughts on The Oxford:
NEGATIVES (in my opinion)
- Beds are too soft
- Rooms themselves feel a little outdated
- Public areas are amazing
- Staff is THE BEST I've ever had
- Gorgeous bathrooms
- Convenient location
- Free shoe shine
- Free black car service to take you around downtown
- Did I mention the great staff?
A hotel can often run into issues that are minor and not the fault of the management and rarely have I encountered a hotel where there has been such a proactive response and well managed approach to making it right.
I don't write reviews of at least 2/3rds of the hotels I stay at because they don't leave an impression on me but The Oxford Hotel's staff is something other hotel's management should envy. Literally every staff member is happy, willing to help, and genuinely seems to care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oxford Hotel is Denver's oldest and most historic hotel - located in Denver's popular Lower Downtown neighborhood. Offering luxurious charm with modern day amenities, you'll find no two rooms alike at this independent hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Oxford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Hotel Denver