The Oxford Hotel
$234
$178
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
$171
$179
$161
Sheraton.com
$104
  • Breakfast included
$115
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
$174
$100
$179
$423
1,189 results
All reviewscruise roomoldest hotelunion stationbourbon tastingcruise barantique furniturebourbon barcoors fieldcadillac escaladelower downtowntown carmodern convenienceshistoric charmcharming hotelhalf blockbell stafflodo area
Reviewed December 14, 2011

A stay at the Oxford Hotel is an exceptional experience. It is old, yet modern in conveniences. It is in front of the old Union Station which is also from another age. The furnishings are tasteful and interesting. The service is outstanding. It is Denver when young and energetic. It is Denver at its best. It is totally comfortable and totally enjoyable.

Room Tip: We had a front room on the 2nd floor which was quiet yet convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This was our fourth visit to Colorado although it was our first time in Denver. My wife and I was actually recommended The Oxford by our cousins who stayed there for their anniversary a couple of years ago. They live in Colorado. With myself working in the hotel trade as a Head Concierge of a London hotel I was looking forward to this treat. We stayed for two nights in a deluxe room. The hotel was nice with friendly staff ( although a little disappointed to see no concierge desk or even concierge staff...they only had bellstaff and doormen). If anything the bedroom was a little dull although it was comfortable and we had a good view out on the street above the hotels entrance. This suited my wife fine as she enjoys a little nosey out of the window.
The breakfast was very good. I had the full Oxford special both mornings with my wife choosing the pancakes with syrup. The portions were very generous with good service from the waitresses and waiter who kept filling our coffee mugs up. So just over $30 a day for two of us with tip is fairly decent.
We enjoyed a few drinks in the hotel bar which has a good atmosphere with a good selection af ales. The bar has an entrance on the street so lots of non residents also use the bar to watch the sports on the large screens they have there but everyone seemed friendly enough.
The big plus of the hotel is its location in Downtown Denver. We enjoyed Larimer Square and can highly recommend Rioja Restaurant. Very good food and service although it is a little pricey. My tip is the Lamb !!
Overall we was very happy with the Oxford and its staff but if the General Manager should read this, please bring back your concierge.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I wish I could give this lovely hotel five stars but there were too many problems with this stay. It began soon after I made the reservation. Using their on-line form, I sent an e-mail asking if I could reserve the complimentary town car for a specific event. I never received a response. The first thing I did when I arrived was ask again to reserve the car and I was told that it was available on a first come, first served basis. Fair enough but they should have responded to my query. When I made the reservation I failed to make a note of the room rate so I was a bit shocked when it was about $40 more per night than I was expecting. Was it because I misunderstood the rate or because it had changed? Impossible to know because the confirmation e-mail that I received when I reserved the room did not have a rate. They have a nice website but their directions fail to take into consideration that some of their guests might prefer to take the Skyride and use public transportation. If they had they would have included the direction to exit at Market Station and take the MARVELOUS 16th Street MallRide. It didn't kill me to walk the five blocks but it would have been nicer to ride the free shuttle. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays, which added something special. My room was very nice. I especially loved the bathroom, which was remodeled with great attention to detail. The tile work was perfect and I really loved the instant hot water and the excellent toilet. Because I was staying several days I wanted to unpack. When I opened the closet there was only one hanger. On my way out the door I stopped at the front desk and asked that they provide some additional hangers. When I returned to my room several hours later they had not responded. I asked that either they remove the two robes that wouldn't fit me (I confirmed that they had none for larger people) or bring more hangers. It was finally seen to but, of course, I had to tip the bellboy. I wanted to put things in the very nice dresser but one drawer was full of telephone directories and the other had an extra blanket stuffed in it. I had to put the directories on the floor so that I would have enough room for my things. I was very pleased that they are conscientious about environmental issues. There was a hanger to put on the door if one didn't want the linens changed. Or at least that's what I assumed it meant. When I came back to my room late the next day my room had not been touched. When I called to find out when they would be there I was informed that the card meant I didn't want ANY service. I didn't want the linens and towels to be changed but I did want the trash cans to be emptied and the bed to be made. When I called the front desk the manager said that she had just been talking with the director about that very issue and she offered to have the roomed serviced. I declined as I really needed a nap. **As an aside I have yet to go to a hotel that touts their "green" policy in which it is actually carried out. If hotels are going do this they need to start with training the housekeeping staff!!** I wanted to get something from the mini bar but the key did not work so they had to send someone (another tip). He said they would bring me a new key but that didn't happen. The next morning I called about getting breakfast but I was five minutes too late. Because the room service person failed to mention that the attached restaurant served breakfast I had to scramble for my scrambled eggs. The long walk did me good. That evening I went to the front to ask about the town car and was told that I needed to have made a reservation. By this time I knew I could use the 16th Street shuttle and walk a few blocks to my destination. The next morning I left my room around 11:30am. From 10:30-11:00 I put the red tassle on the door, which is their elegant do not disturb sign, as I wanted to shower and dress. When I returned to my room late in the afternoon the room had not been serviced. I was told that it was because I put the tassle on the door. Even though it was only there for about 30 minutes, it was the very time in which the housekeeper was doing rounds and they only do rounds one time. **As an aside, this is the third hotel in a row where I have not had service in my room, always for a different reason. I'm beginning to think it's me!** This time I asked for a discount on my room. I was told that I would have to talk to the manager when I checked out. Because my room had not been serviced it meant that the mini bar had not been restocked. The manager comped the requested items and restocked the bar so that I wasn't charged. I checked out just before 11am and asked the clerk to store my bag. I had a very long wait and without any prompting, the clerk offered me the use of my room until I had to leave for the airport. That one kindness pretty much made up for the rest of the problems. On the plus side, their hotel "notebook" was very thorough. However, they failed to mention that they were half a block away from one of the best book stores in the US!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2011

4th time for me and the first time for my wife. My wife liked it more than I do!!! Tia was so sweet and Michael O'Shea upgraded our room- Thanks again. We will be back in the spring.
I think you should expand to Maui....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We were only staying 1 night in Denver. Hotels for the most part are fairly pricey and The Oxford although not cheap by any means for this type of hotel was a bit more moderate than the other boutique hotels. The hotel is a little on the tired side. Carpets are a tad worn, lobby is somewhat dowdy. The room was overlooking a series of vents from the bldg next door. The bed was so high I had to place a chair next to it in order to hoist myself high enough to get in.The bathtub was quite bizarre, you needed to be at least 6 ft tall to get in or you had to straddle the tiled platform like you were riding a horse. Weird! And to top it off there are vents in the room where you actually hear guests voices wafting through.
The staff was very nice and accommodating. Location was excellent for restaurants etc. I think that I will opt for a different hotel next time I'm in Denver.

• Stayed: November 2011