“Great Stay, Awesome Restaurants, Friendly Staff”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #23 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Brown Palace has always been special since my wedding reception was held there. The Palace Arms new Chef and menu is awesome, and it is not frequent that a Cesar salad is made table side anymore. Furthermore, the hotel has 4 unique restaurants onsite, which provides great diversity.

1  Thank 4Purcells
Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed October 4, 2010

The Brown Palace Hotel is a luxury hotel in the very centre of Denver. With its astonishing architecture, it leaves the guests breathless. Rooms are spacious, very clean and there are three restaurants on the premise.
The afternoon tea is wonderful, as well

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank irishprincess76
Reviewed October 3, 2010

After reading the negative reviews recently posted on Trip Advisor, my husband and I were a bit hesitant on staying at the Brown Palace Hotel. But we decided to take a chance because of its rich history and opulent décor. We prepared ourselves to do battle with the hotel employees, if necessary (again, based on prior reviews). However, we were very pleasantly surprised, to say the least. Friendly bellman, valet and front desk personnel greeted us upon our arrival. When I made the reservations, I had requested that we be assigned a room on the highest floor possible and be assigned one of the newly renovated rooms. (At the time, the hotel renovations were still in process.) This request was honored upon our arrival. The Hotel in every way did not disappoint. We truly felt appreciated by every member of the hotel’s staff. From the Concierge to housekeeping…EVERYONE was extremely friendly, helpful, and eager to please. We had signed up for the “Luxurious Love Package”, which included 2 nights stay, free overnight parking for both nights, 1 cocktail each on both nights, a rose petal turndown service and breakfast each morning at Ellyngton’s (see the restaurants section for our review of Ellyngton’s). I highly recommend this package as I think it was a great value. The only issue we had during our stay was since the rooms are smaller than newer hotels; my husband and I hit our knees on the foot posts of the bed several times when trying to walk around it. We had quite a few laughs over it and reminded each other to “watch out” when trying to maneuver around the bed. That being the only bump (excuse the pun), we truly and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Brown Palace and would absolutely recommend it. We would certainly stay there again in the future. My only regret is not being able to have Tea in the hotel’s lobby…maybe next time. Despite what you may have read in previous reviews, take a chance as we did…you will likely not be disappointed.

1  Thank zuzuboo
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We were staying outside of Denver by the airport but decided to spend the day in town, strolling the 16th Street mall area and visiting the Brown Palace Hotel, one of the grand old hotels of America. I arranged for afternoon tea followed by an historic tour of the hotel. We enjoyed both.

Tea is held in the great lobby of the hotel. They have many tea and tasting options. We ordered the standard tray which had scones, sandwiches, and pastries. While enjoying the tea and food, which was quite good, a piano player entertained the parties. Service was excellent, and there was no attempt to rush you. In fact we were asked if we wanted any more sandwiches when our tray was nearing empty. It felt very much like a special event to us.

The hotel tour was excellent, lasting about 1-1/2 hours. It was given by the hotel historian, who obviously knows her hotel and enjoys telling people about it & showing them around. We even got to walk around one of the presidential suites, the Roosevelt Suite. The tour costs $10 per person for those not staying at the hotel. i think those staying are not charged for the tour. We felt it was a good $20 spent, ending a very enjoyable day.

You can reserve both the tea and the tour on their web-site. The tea menu is also available there.

1  Thank MikeofMA
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Being in Denver for business I was quite pleased with my stay at the Brown Palace Hotel. My room was large, well appointed, and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Since I didn't pay out of pocket for my room I can't comment on the price per night, however the hotel restaurants were good, but a bit pricey. Loved the ammenities in the room and would choose this hotel again if I come back to Denver.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Although the Brown is of course, expensive, it's wonderfully located and a treat to find yourself staying in one their upper floor rooms.

I would say the only thing missing was simply a place to get a soda after 11 pm. Apparently, soda machines are forbidden in such a grand hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

WOW- what a place. This hotel is truly beautiful and the history is so interesting to learn about. From the beginning of my stay when a bellman opened my taxi door and then proceeded to give me a mini tour of the hotel to the amazing meals I enjoyed at the various restaurants- this hotel is top of its class. The room was lovely and the bed was comfy and the bathroom was perfect with a big tub! The room service was super and the food is delicious. My favorite was the fresh grapefruit juice. The employees were all incredibly helpful and smiling all the time. The hotel is beautiful- a true classic.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business