“The Worst Hotel Service Ever!!!!”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #27 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver
“The Worst Hotel Service Ever!!!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2007

This Hotel only cares about getting your money after that they could care less about the customer.

Very rude managers with a very poor idea on how a paying guest should be spoke too. I have stayed in this hotel twice but will never spend another day at The Brown Palace!

Waste of money!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Poor Service. Rude Staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
BrownPalaceExecutive, Executie Assistant Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 25, 2007
The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa takes the utmost pride in our customer service and goes to whatever length necessary to reach complete satisfaction by our guests. This incident was thoroughly investigated by our staff and while the phone was not found, we agreed to replace his phone at full cost as a gesture of goodwill and hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Polish first
wgc
Reviewed January 20, 2007

Stayed her for a single night in September 2006.

This was the final hotel. We had extreme difficulty getting parked up to register at the hotel and must have gone around the block 3 times. Something to be aware of – this is valet parking, so everything needs to be out of the car as soon as you arrive.

The concierge at the hotel was extremely helpful, and managed to sort most stuff out for us – the noisy fan (though it was left with a slight hissing noise), the storage of our cases etc. whilst we went off sightseeing.

The hotel itself can be quite noisy, both with the atrium, piano playing and additional dining on the second floor. I would recommend a room further from the atrium. We were quite close, but the noise was only heard just inside the door in our room.

Also the hotel is quite old, and as such has a number of odd features – you have to step up into the bathroom – be aware of this.

There was also a business centre that you could use as a resident, which had access to the internet, and could be used to print off directions etc.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking and registration
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank joychild
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 11, 2007

The Brown Palace is a nice place but nothing special. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the rooms need updating. My shower was tiny as was my bathroom. The bathroom also had a step down which caused me to trip a few times. The bed was very comfortable however. Overall just average.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Lawrence
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I loved the Brown Palace!
I feel one word that summarizes this hotel is classic. It was like turning back the clock to the 1940s. The service was amazingly friendly - like how it used to be. The decor was wonderful. However the best part about the hotel, was the restaurants. I ate at two of them (the Ellyingtons and Palace Arms was one of the finest meals I've ever had) and had a drink at the Churchill Bar.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank kueric09
phoenix
Reviewed December 19, 2006

I reserved a "Top of the Brown" room, received my confirmation and upon arrival, my wife and I checked in and were taken to a standard room on the 4th floor. I called the front desk and was told that the reservation system must have made an error so I took them my printed confirmation. Well, it just so happed that all the "Top of The Brown" rooms were sold out so I asked if I could pay more for an upgraded room (suite) but was told they were sold out too. I asked for the Manager and was asked in return "which Manager as the Brown has many Managers", so I asked for "The Hotel Manager" but I guess they don't have one. I have to mention, we were given the lower standard room rate, comp breakfast and comp one night room. This was very fair but the overall confusion and room disapointment was not in character with a 5 star hotel.

• Liked — room service
  • Disliked — reservations, front desk
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jhoriuchi
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2006

I stayed here for a conference back in October. I thought the hotel was wonderful. I had high tea on Sunday in the lobby area and it was awesome. I HIGHLY recommend it. The Palace Arms is a very upscale restaurant in the hotel and it was fabulous. My manager visited the spa and said it was one of the best spa experiences she had ever had. I think this hotel is great for business trips but I would stay here again if I ever visited Denver while on vacation.

• Liked — The restaurants and accomodations
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank TravelGalUNC
Denver, CO
Reviewed November 25, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on November 11. We just wanted to get away for a night and had many surprises and a couple of letdowns.

Hotel:
Beautiful hotel on the exterior and interior lobby and restaurant areas. They have done an amazing job of preserving the hotels history. They also do tours and a ghost tour which I would love to do. The decorations are that of the early 1900's.

Room:
This was one of our dissapointments of the trip. We stayed in their superior King room which I would say was lacking in comparison with the rest of the hotel. The room and bathroom was very outdated and had a very musty smell that you quickly got over after being in the room for a few minutes. The drapes and carpet need some help but the furniture was elegant. The bed was very comfortable with great sheets.

Service:
The service here is the BEST in the city. From the bell man to the maid service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The twice daily maid service is a nice touch with chocolates and ice in the evening.

Food:
We had ordered late night room service (3am) and we had never had such good room service ever!!! Reubens, cheeseburger, chips with onion dip. It was great.

Sunday Brunch:
We are going back to the Brown for a night to specifically have their TO DIE FOR brunch. They have 2 different times for brunch. One that starts before 10 and one after 10. We had the cheap brunch(before 10) and it was exquisite. Everything was so fresh and elegant. Service was impeccable.

I recommend this hotel overall over the other hotels we've stayed at in the city -Hotel Teatro, Marriott city Center, Grand Hyatt. Hope this helps.

• Liked — Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Sub-standard room
  • Tips/Secrets — Room Service and Brunch are excellent