“The ultimate in relaxation”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver
“The ultimate in relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We took advantage of their $117-a-night rate that's a promotion they're doing through the rest of the year for their 117th anniversary, a price you can't beat, but nothing was skimped on in quality. The room was spcaious and gorgeous, and with the package we bought we also got 35 percent of a spa treatment. The massage was one of the best we've ever had. The place just feels so special, and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Though my husband and I lived and worked in the Denver area for many years, we have never stayed at the Brown Palace. We decided to treat ourselves and stay at the Brown for the eve of our wedding. We chose the Royal Romance package and it was amazing. We arrived after a long day of celebration to a beautiful room covered in rose petals and chilled champagne with chocolate covered straberries. The next morning we ate breakfast in bed before relaxing in the spa and enjoying our 80 minute couples massage.

The staff was very attentive and professional. We are looking forward to spending more time at the Brown - every time we stay we will remember how wonderful our first stay was.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

This was my second stay at the Brown, and I'll be back again in May for our Annual meeting. The hotel is as others have said; gorgeous, stately and beautiful. This time though there were elements that disappointed. Upon arrival I had dinner in the Ship Tavern; a lukewarm at best meal, complaints to the Manager did bring satisfaction of a sort - the meal was comped but even that can't fully ameliorate the palate from a plate of cold prime rib.

Also; I had issues getting the internet to even work in my room. After an hour of futzing, 2 calls to the operator, one trip to the front desk; satisfaction was only to be found the next day after a meeting with my sales manager who gave me a password for free service.

Another traveler mentioned internet issues as well, with what the Brown charges for room rate, why not just make it free for all - I certainly get less frustrated when something I'm not paying a separate fee for has issues.

The Brown is a lovely hotel overall and the staff is gracious, conciliatory and welcoming. Judge it not for any problems you may have; but for how well the problems are corrected.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

I love the spa, it's a whole experience. I arrived for my massage and was given a big fluffy robe to wear. I sat in the steam room, had a cup of tea and after the massage used a huge fabulous show with all the supplies. Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

The Brown Palace Hotel took my breath away- the lobby was exquisite. Old grace meets modern luxury! My first thoughts were peaceful and grand- there was a pianist serenading everyone who came through the doors and those having tea in the lobby. I came for a spa trip and could not have been happier. The spa area itself was so much more than I expected; there was nothing left out- from the plush robes to all of the amenities available during and after your spa appointment. The staff was great across the board and the food was fantastic!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

I received a spa weekend at the Brown for my birthday, and what a treat! I found the historic tour very interesting, followed by a relaxing drink in the Atrium. Dinner in the Ships Tavern was very good, but was eclipsed by the Sunday buffet. I had never before seen sushi at a buffet !
The service was wonderful andt the special touches made us feel like royalty! We were delighted by the cookies and milk, , martinis and snacks after our pedicure, and a Brown Bear of my very own to take home!
It was a wonderful weekend which left me feeling much younger!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

We loved our three nights at the Brown Palace. We found an excellent deal on Hotels.com for a Top of the Brown room. It was very roomy, the bed was really comfortable and the marble and granite bathroom was all class. The staff was excellent. Hopefully, one day we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple