“Only hotel I would stay at in Denver.”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I thought it was great as to how quickly they would respond to questions, or concerns. They really did try to make sure you were as comfortable as possible. The bathroom was beautiful and probably the cleanest hotel bathroom I have ever been in. The overall feel of the hotel was awesome! I really did feel like I was in a historic building. They have done a nice job with keeping that style and feel alive. The beds were super comfortable and the pub was great too.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed August 18, 2009

I attended my freind's wedding reception at the Brown Palace Hotel and it was a wonderful stay. The room was very nice and clean and the staff were all very friendly. The wedding reception was beautiful and the food was delicious. I didn't eat in the hotel but did check out one of the bars, and there was a fun crowd there as well. The Brown Palace Hotel is close to many downtown places that you can easily walk to but I did drive and had no problems getting around. Very historical and it was fun just to walk around and explore a bit too. Be a little extravagant and stay at the Brown Palace Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The Brown Palace has impeccable service. We were immediately delighted by the valet service, the cleanliness and grandiosity of the lobby. The front desk service was almost immediate and super friendly. The room was small but cozy and the bed was magnificent, from the mattress to the bed covers. The linen was clean and soft. Our bathroom had not been remodeled yet so the tub bottom was chipped as were the floor tiles, but this added character to the room. The restaurants were delicious, the Palace arms was absolutely amazing! Even room service was fantastic. The burgers we had may have been the best we ever had. The spa was pure heaven. The treatments were relaxing and the staff was super friendly. The Brown Palace was totally focused on our comfort during our entire stay. We felt completely pampered by the Brown Palace. The only drawback during the whole thing was that we were charged for one night of parking that we thought was courtesy during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Brown Palace for a "Girls Weekend". The staff is impeccable. We had dinner at the Ships Tavern which was great people watching and looking at all of the different sailing vessels was intriging. We spent the next day at the relaxing at their world class spa and were pampered. What a wonderful weekend, we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I visited the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa and was totally and completely satisfied with my time and experience while staying. The concierge and friendly staff were all so helpful and ready to assist with any request. I will definitely return to The Brown Palace.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Scheduling my pedicure was a little strange. I asked for a 4:15 appointment but they could not to my specific service then. They could do a 4:00 or later but not 4:15. When they called to confirm my appointment, I let them know I had every intention of being there at 4 but 4:15 would be better for me. She said that was fine.

Outside of that interesting occurence, the service was FANTASTIC. The lady giving the pedicure was very detailed. The foot massage was wonderful and one of the best I've ever had. Out of my normal price range but a great service.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My wife, daughter and I had an excellent stay at the Brown Palace Hotel - a very classy establishment with tremendous customer service. We enjoyed our 3 night stay and were especially impressed by the hotel's famous tea service - very authentic and delicious !

Note: we had a terrible experience with the Expedia Travel agency with respect to this hotel. Expedia essentially tried to overcharge us to the tune of over $350. Fortunately, the Brown Palace were very above board, transparent and honorable and provided us with an acutal invoice of our total costs. When we broached the subject with Expedia they demonstrated their deceptive business practices by attempting to blame the Brown Palace for "accidentally" disclosing the actual invoice. I have since closed my account at Expedia and urge all to be wary of dealing with Expedia and their very deceptive business practices.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family