The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I recently stayed here for my first time. I really enjoyed my stay. Neat wide open lobby with stained glass ceiling. Close to the promenade shops and restaurants. Old hotel but modern appointments (nice linens, big flat screen tv, clean). I booked through Perfect Escapes and got free breakfast and internet access. I wish I had more time to enjoy. I will stay there again next time now that I know.

Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
SSSDDD, Public Relations Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2009

Dear A_Luxury_Traveler,

Thank you for providing feedback about your enjoyable stay. Our elegant eight-story atrium lobby has maintained its grandeur throughout its 116-year history, but as you noticed we take special care in providing all of the modern amenities to meet the needs of today’s traveler. We recently renovated our guestrooms and re-upholstered chairs, updated artwork, installed new carpeting, new tiled entries, and added new television armoires and flat screen TVs. We are also close to the completion of an $8 million bathroom renovation featuring dual showerheads, granite counters and marble tile. Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Shannon Dexheimer-Hulsey

There are newer reviews for The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed January 12, 2009

I currently live in Denver and grew up here, so when I was looking for a special place to propose to my now fiancé, I knew that I could not go wrong with the Brown Palace.

What I didn't know was what the hotel would do to ensure that this would be an experience we will remember for the rest of our lives. At the time I booked the reservation, I told them of my intentions. When we checked-in we were told that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to the "Beatles Suite". This is the room the Beatles stayed in August 26, 1964 the only time the Beatles ever played in Denver. Needless to say the suite was phenomenal with service to match. Coincidentally, the Beatles are my all-time favorite band, so this had an extra special meaning to me (and my best friend who stopped by with his wife to celebrate our engagement and hangout in the room for a little bit).

I also had flowers delivered to the room prior to our arrival, ordered on very short notice from the Brown Palace Flower Shop. The lady that helped me (I think it was Robin) was so friendly and helpful and put together a spectacular arrangement (see the attached picture). Amazingly, the flowers are still alive two and a half weeks later.

The hotel has long held a reputation as the finest Denver has to offer and it is hard to imagine any other hotel topping the amenities and service that we received from the Brown. The Brown Palace will forever be an integral part of the story of our engagement - thank you to all the staff of the Brown Palace for making such a special night even more wonderful and memorable!!

Dear rtdavis,

Thank you for sharing this momentous occasion and may I extend my congratulations to you! I am so pleased we provided you with everything you needed to make this wonderful memory even more memorable. We are truly honored to have been a part of this special moment and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Very Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 12, 2009

We have stayed at hotels all over the U.S., and in many parts of northern Europe, but there is nothing like the Brown Palace, anywhere. Everytime we stay there, we experience a feeling of being transported out of the present, and into the past, a past without the pressures of the present.

There is a hard-to-describe feeling of tranquility and peace that envelopes you, and stays with you even after you check out of the hotel and head for home. The quiet style and grace of the Brown Palace is unique in our experience.

After our first visit, we have made a stay at the Brown Palace our Christmas present to each other, and we have introduced family and friends to the Brown Palace as "our way to get away"!

Dear TantallonCheyenne_WY,

Thank you for sharing your fond memories of The Brown. I am delighted that we are able to provide you with a relaxing retreat and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2009

We just spent another exceptional Christmas evening at The Brown Palace!
The crystal chandelier is only put up for the Christmas season.
It is a great time of year to visit because The hotel is even more beautiful when it is decorated for the holidays.
The staff is exceptional. Every time we walk in to the hotel, we
feel like the only thought each staff member has is how to make our
stay wonderful. From the doormen to the Ships Tavern manager,
they are all friendly and helpful.
You walk in the hotel and there is a shop with organic espresso
and lots of wonderful treats made by the Brown Palace Pastry Chef.

Our Christmas dinner at the Ships Tavern was great!
Wonderful food and wonderful atmosphere and it is not over pirced.

The king size beds are so comfortable that you have to have a great night's sleep. Of course the staff turns down the bed at night and leaves chocolates next to the pillows.

We wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Denver and can't wait to go back.

Dear ambersundog,

Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas experience. I am especially pleased to hear of our exceptional hospitality as we take great pride in delivering incomparable service. The holiday season is a truly special time at The Brown and we all feel very honored to be part of our guest’s fond memories and traditions. I’m glad you had the chance to stop by our new Brown Palace Coffee & Tea Co., and Ship Tavern is always a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2009

I make several trips a year to Denver to visit my son. On my trip in November for his Birthday, I decided to treat myself and stay at The Brown Palace. We had driven by it several times and my son had told me many interesting facts about the hotel that I knew that's where I wanted to stay. From check in to check out I was treated with the utmost courtesy by a very professional staff.
The bed was the most comfortable bed that I had ever slept in, right down to the pillows. Upon my return each night I found my bedding turned down with a chocolate on the pillow. Talk about feeling special! I definitely will return to The Brown Palace.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo

Dear flyeriowa,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear of our courteous and professional staff as we take great pride in delivering a high level of service to each of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2009

My mom surprised me with a trip to meet her in Denver for some girl time, a spa weekend at the Brown Palace. We arrived Friday night to the most elegant hotel, all decked out for the holiday season ~ breathtakingly beautiful. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royality ~ from the valets to the concierge to the servers in the Tavern, everyone was so friendly and eager to help in everyway. Our Saturday consisted of spa treatments ~ a facial, pedicure and swedish massage, the works! The girls in the spa were so amazing, took care of us to the hilt ~ insuring that this weekend was as carefree as possible. The decor, the music, the atmosphere all was so perfect and oh so relaxing.

Our room was a perfect! I loved how it felt like you had taken a step back in time! The atmosphere was so true to the hotels era, it was like you could feel all the people who had stayed there ~ imagining them all decked out for a night at the Brown Palace! Not only did this hotel fit our needs perfectly but we are planning many more trips coming up to visit again! I would love to celebrate our future celebrations here, our honeymoon and anniversaries or just another girls weekend ~ I can't wait! Thanks again to the staff for making it a wonderful experience, they were all so professional and genuinly enjoy their job!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Dear allemee77,

Thank you so much for sharing your mother/daughter getaway experience. I am delighted to hear of our staff’s superb hospitality, as we pride ourselves in delivering a high level of service to all of our guests. I must agree, The Brown Palace during the holiday season is exceptional – especially the sparkling 25-foot chandelier, which illuminates the lobby with an unparalleled festive glow. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon for your other special occasions.

Reviewed January 7, 2009

From the moment we arrived for a very special birthday we were treated like cherished guests. The valet greeted us by name, the room attendant made sure we knew were everything was, the florist was wonderful and very helpful making sure the roses and candles were placed exactly were I specified them, and the morning breakfast arrived on time. Overall, it was magical and will remain one of our very best memories.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Dear harpstan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are truly honored to be part of our guest’s special celebrations and hope to welcome you back for many more.