“A hotel without equal”

GreenLeadersGold level
Celebration, Florida
“A hotel without equal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was staying in Denver for a friends wedding; while he was out in the suburbs I wanted to experience downtown denver for myself. I was staying at the Marriott City Center when I walked into this hotel; needless to say I had my itinerary changed to stay there the next day! The hotel is absolutely pristine and reminiscent of an elegant earlier period. The staff were beyond reproach in their professionalism and hospitality. The rooms were absolutely immaculate and the staff was helpful when I could not figure out how to work the coffeemaker.
I'm not necessarily a foodie and I prefer a more casual table service dining experience. I went in to the Ship Tavern to eat at the bar and had the most wonderful dining experience. The bartender took the time to talk with me and give me suggestions on where to go to explore Denvers best beer scenes. The truth is that their caskcraft IPA may have been the most interesting and enjoyable beer I had the entire trip!
I had friends of mine visting me at the hotel downtown for an evening at the tavern and later out into the city; they were absolutely despondent they had not chosen my hotel! All things told the experience was first rate in every sense of the word; as a frequent traveler of Marriott properties and having stayed at several Autograph Collection hotels I can assure anyone (and I love to tell them) that the Brown Palace is a benchmark property. If you are looking for a unique first rate property you can look no further than the Brown Palace. I cannot wait to return and explore more of the hotel the next time I return to see my friends!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Paul,

Thank you for staying at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. What a delight it was to read your review this morning. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and I am grateful for the kind words regarding our staff and the hotel. We pride ourselves on creating lasting memories for the guests that stay with us and it is one of the joys of working here that we get to interact with guests such as yourself and personalize our attentions to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Denver and to the hotel. It would be an honor to serve you again!

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We traveled to Colorado Springs for the Air Force Academy graduation and decided to spend an extra night in Denver for our 26th anniversary and chose the Brown Palace. What a wonderful experience. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is very friendly and informative. We had lunch at the Tavern and the food and service was very good. We had our anniversary dinner at the Palace restaurant. The food was excellent and the service superior. They treated us to Bananas Foster which I think was the best I've had. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope we can return some day.

Dear Diane,

I was delighted that our associates provided you with exceptional service highlighted by your experiences in the Ship Tavern and The Palace Arms. We pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff and this specific attribute is a hallmark of our service. Your comments validate our belief that our guests are what make working at the hotel so special. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reading, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

While in Denver recently for a conference I had the good fortune to book my stay at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa.
And it was wonderful. The staff is competent, professional and friendly; the hotel itself is magical in appearance and while it dates from 1890 ( I believe) the facility is up to date, neat and wonderful. The architectural accents are amazing, the grille work in the lobby, the glass ceiling and the stone work are all part of the charm of this place. I wish I had had the time to take the historical tour. This place is really wonderful and I would/will stay here again.

The Spa is also wonderful and if you have the time is a must try. The hot stone combination massage was really good.

I only ate breakfast at this hotel, but it was very nice and while a little pricey was worth the cost. There is a Starbucks off the lobby if you want fast food. The lobby bar was a great place to work and people watch. The potato chips and French Onion dip are addictive. Service is out of the cigar bar so there can be a bit of a wait.

The rooms are wonderful, mine was large with a great view. Internet was fast and reliable.

I loved this place and would come back on vacation.

Room Tip: The hotel is in two parts. I did not get into the other part so i can't comment on it, but I wo...
Green Features: The rooms all offered separate trash cans for recycle stuff and trash. Also in the lobby. Well done
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We just returned from a trip to the Brown Palace Hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary. We selected a mid level room and made a note for the hotel that it was our 25th wedding anniversary and that we stayed there for our wedding night.
I did not expect much more than a congratulations when we checked in but we were treated to much more than that.
We have stayed at the Brown Palace twice before and always had superior service and experience. Everyone there is very mindful of their guests.
This visit was even more special to us because of the occasion and the staff at the Brown Palace made sure it was perfect. We ended up with a VERY upgraded room and were treated to a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a lovely note congratulating us on our anniversary.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a memorable visit to Denver. We have never been disappointed during our stay.

Paula,

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Brown Palace, we are delighted that we are the place you chose to spend this very special occasion. I am delighted to hear that our team provided you with exceptional service. Our goal is to exceed expectations and we love to hear that our special efforts to provide sincere care and personalized attention are appreciated. I look forward to sharing your generous comments with our team here at the Brown.

Brown Palace Hotel and Spa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is abit pricey but boy it is a wondefully cared. For old Hotel located. Right in the heart of Denver...close to everything..Coors field,the Capitol and the wonderful,amusement park Elitch Gardens( may have spelled that wrong.The rooms were clean and spacious the service was polite and helpful in very manner.every afternoon they have High Tea in the beautiful lobby Atrium with a pianist and sometimes a singer who does a few numbers with him!only thing missing was a mini fridge which I find helpful and useful on my trips! Definitely will be staying there again...and they have a great Tavern with wonderful food!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location. Very attentive staff. Loved our room at "top of the Brown". Very spacious with 2 queen sized beds and luxurious bath. Loved the "cigar bar" and Michael. Would recommend to anyone traveling to Denver

Room Tip: Get a "Top of the Brown " room. Luxurious
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Cindi,

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team provided you with exceptional service, which was highlighted by your experience in Churchill and your interactions with Michael. I look forward to sharing your comments with Michael and the rest of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Colorado Spring
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Absolutely incredible. Every detail was met. When I called and made the reservation, I noted it was my girlfriends birthday. Fast forward to check in, the front desk agent told my girl friend happy birthday and later that night there were desserts and chocolates waiting for her.

Room was incredible and even received an upgrade! All around a fantastic stay and I couldn't be more thankful for all the associated at the brown palace.

Free breakfast at Ellingtons is a magnificent touch and one well received.

Ship Tavern is nice but expensive.

Dear ThatBGuye,

Thank you so much for staying at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa and for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We know how valuable your time is and appreciate it. We pride ourselves on our staff and they love making guests stays a memory that will last a lifetime.

It would be our honor to welcome you and your girlfriend to the hotel again.