The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #23 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The rooms are wonderful, both bed and bath. Terrific job bringing a classic hotel up to contemporary standards. Staff is friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable. Central Denver location is perfect for my business needs.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room on the Ship Tavern end of the building
1  Thank davejoan1810
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dave,

Thank you for staying at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the kind words regarding the updating of the hotel.

On behalf of all of us here at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is an historic hotel and includes all you expect would come from this style of hotel – from a great concierge to a large and open lobby.

I actually made contact with the hotel while in transit in order to get a recommendation for dinner and arrange a reservation. I received email confirmation of my reservation 5 minutes later and the recommendation proved to be exceptional.

Check in was quick and easy and a porter helped me with the larger than normal luggage I was transporting.

The room was quite spacious and well appointed.

The beds were very comfortable and the duvets and pillows of good quality.

Internet was wireless and free and there was a good desk to work at.

The ironing board and iron were not good quality but they did the trick.

The TV and coffee machine were both great.

The bathroom was spacious, clean and had a great walk-in shower and heated floors.

I did not have the chance to eat at the hotel’s restaurants.

All in all, a great stay and I would recommend.

1  Thank Seafoodtraveler
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I frequently travel to Denver and thought it might be nice to stay in the Brown Palace since it is close to our office. I enjoyed staying there several years ago.
I have stopped by twice and called several times to check on corporate rates for weekly stays. The manager is never around but they gave me his direct number to call. I've left a few massages but they must have more business than they can handle because the manager has never returned a call.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank TheElanman
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We know how valuable and precious your time is and we truly appreciate your willingness to share your insight and experiences with us.

We strive hard to meet the needs and expectations of all our valued guests and are disappointed when we fail to do so. It was very disconcerting to learn that several employees failed to provide you with the quality service we are known for. I have reached out to the sales department who take care of corporate rates and have let them know about your issues. If you would like to discuss further please have the main line direct you to the executive office and we will get you in contact with the right person.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Brown Palace is a traditional historic hotel (now owned by Marriott). It is very special - large beautiful lobby that serves a traditional tea each day. Some of the rooms are small and oddly shaped but others are large and beautiful (different options when you reserve). Good location - a block to the downtown tram - easy access to all downtown.

Room Tip: the least expensive rooms can be pretty small - I think some may even have queen beds so keep that i...
3  Thank Lauren H
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. Please know that we appreciate you making us your favorite hotel destination in Denver. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

It's a wonderful experience the first time you set foot in The Brown Palace. Wow, it's like stepping back in time. So much nostalgia, and fantastic old fashioned service to go with it. My husband and I stayed at The Brown for 4 nights. I actually found it hard to leave, even to go out to sightsee. It's such an oasis, I actually felt like I was on an voyage from a bygone era as opposed modern time poor air travel. Loved the fact that the water is from the Hotel Spring. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. Also it was such a lovely touch when going to the restaurant for breakfast each morning, the staff would call us by name. The cigar lounge is amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the piano music drifting up from the lobby each afternoon and evening. If We ever come back to Denver, it will be a thrill to stay again. Well done to the team, don't ever change.

Room Tip: 6th Floor and up
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Brown for two nights. The arrival was not perfect but they made up for it by upgrading us to the top "premier" floor. They had said my reservation was for the night before our arrival. I did not have my paperwork handy and figured I messed up. They said no problem and were able to give us a room. Our room was not what I had wanted. I pulled out my paperwork in the room and they were wrong. I showed the front desk and they at first said that is okay since they did get a room and changed the reservation. Great but it is not the type of room I reserved. After a little discussion about what was available he put me in a great room on the top floor. The hotel staff are all like this and very friendly and accomodating. We spent a lot of time in the Tavern having drinks and food. We loved our stay and would recommend the hotel to those that enjoy top quality in a historical hotel.

Room Tip: If you can afford it you need to stay on the top floor. Ask for a west facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Howard P

Thank you for staying at the Brown Palce Hotel and Spa. We always strive to provide a flawless hotel experience and are disappointed when we fail to do so. I was dismayed to learn of the shortcomings you encountered with the check-in process. Please be assured that the issue you encountered is not typical nor in keeping with the level of service we wish to provide, but I am thankful to hear that your needs were taken care of in the end and that you enjoyed your time in the Ship Taven.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit overall and we are very grateful to you for your comments. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and one of the most important tools available to assist us is your feedback.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent one night at the Brown -- our friends our big time Marriott Hotel members so we go a reduced rate for our room. We stayed in on the 4th floor in one of the older rooms -- (The hotel was built in 1892) Room was nice- but they want to charge you for everything there -- even a couple of glasses and an opener for a bottle of wine we brought with us, they said "normally we charge you for this but we won't this time" . I think this is tight given we paid over $200 for the room. The tour of the hotel is worth taking -- but not for $12.50 unless you are just into that type of thing. Bed was not comfortable-- it is on the hard side. I am rating the hotel higher because of the ambiance of the place == plus the restaurant was nice but definitely on the expensive end $$$$$

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple