“Classic Historic Stay-Cation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver Colorado USA
“Classic Historic Stay-Cation”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to The Brown for 3 days for my birthday and had a perfect stay. Now I only live 7 blocks away so i didn’t have to go far so the travel time was awesome. We had a King suite which was incredible and large. I ate at every restaurant and drank at every bar and everything was fantastic. The center atrium is amazing and the staff goes out of their way to make for a grand experience. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Denver or just looking for a Stay-Cation close to home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a Platinum Elite Marriott member, I was excited to stay at this Autograph Collection Hotel. I stay 200+ nights a year in hotels and it was hands down one of the nicest stays I have ever had.

The Hotel:

It is an extremely historic property that is immaculately maintained.

Service:

The Valet and Bellhop were very professional and friendly.
The front desk attendants were very helpful and really seemed to care.

Platinum Recognition:

Upgraded from a Deluxe King to a Palace Suite
Breakfast Vouchers for a Fantastic Restaurant in the Hotel
2 Flutes of Champagne for my Girlfriend and I at Check-In
500 Points as Platinum Amenity

The Rooms:

I was upgraded (Platinum Recognition) to a King Corner room. It was an accessible shower (which I do not prefer) so I requested to be switched. A front desk attendant met me at my room with another set of keys and showed me my other option. They went that extra mile to make sure I was not inconvenienced--I did not have to go down to the front desk, etc...

They offered me the "Palace Suite" room, which had a non-accessible shower with 5 shower heads.

They sent someone to gather our belongings and bring them to our new room.

The room was perfect--Stately furniture in excellent condition, with new, high quality fixtures.

Modern touches like a one-cup coffee machine, iPod Dock, and Plasma TV do not feel out of place with the decor.

Nothing was broken or dirty, or seemed old. I was nervous, though, as some "Historic" hotels have dated bedding, furniture, carpet, and feel dark and antique. This was NOT the case.

SUMMARY:
If you are spending a weekend in Denver, stay at the Brown Palace. The staff, including Ryan and Brandt will definitely make it a trip to remember.

Room Tip: King Corner Rooms are Large. Windows are thick so even rooms on lower level are very quiet.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for one night while in Denver for a family function. We used our Marriott points for this great hotel. Everything about our stay was first class. We loved the historic architecture and the room was perfect. Quiet and beautifully appointed. Great towels and luxurious bedding. The shower was awesome. A great place to stay in the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: Even though this is an atrium hotel, the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great stay in an authentic and historic hotel in the heart of downtown Denver. Service was prompt and excellent, room was large and comfortable, food was decent. I have a shoulder injury and turn down service included ice in the bucket. The only negative was the dated fitness facility located in the building across the street. All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Castle Pines, Colorado, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

People,
Ask for this room, the shower alone is worth the cost. I mean it I have traveled far away and high in cost...this was the best shower I ever took!! Sounds nuts, write me and let me know what you think!

RRS

Room Tip: room 500...ask for it!!!
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The history and the beautiful interior and rooms make this hotel remarkable. We were a little upset with housekeeping as our room wasn't ready at 6:30 pm and also the next day hadn't had maid service by 2:30 but the management was very apologetic and took care of things as well as bought us drinks and sent up champagne to smooth it over. After that it was perfect. The beds were so comfortable with double down comforters and so many white high thread count sheets i felt like royalty. Room service was wonderful with a great attitude, quick response and not bad prices considering. All in all i would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up. There are so many different choices you might ask for assistance when reserv...
Green Features: The actually had recycling in the room. The trash was separated between regular and recycling. Also standard sheets and towels could be reused if you like.
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Returned to the Brown Palace for our 10th anniversary. The kind staff ensured that our stay was as enjoyable as our first. We originally chose the Brown for its history and the peace of mind that it'd be there through all our milestones. This weekend confirmed that the benefits far outnumber history and tradition. The atmosphere of the lobby music and timeless architecture quickly transport you away from your daily distractions and stress into a fitting setting for memories and milestones. While we'll certainly return for future milestones, we'll no doubt find times to sneak back for some lobby therapy or Ellyngton brunch. Thank you, Brown. You never disappoint.

Room Tip: Corner suites offer great space and wonderful views of city