“Historic, Beautiful, Good Location”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Historic, Beautiful, Good Location”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night in March (two rooms) while we were visiting family. The hotel is older, but nicely updated. The lobby was large with a restaurant in its center and another off to the side. The room was large with a comfortable bed and nice, updated bathroom. They have done a nice job updating the hotel while keeping the charm (most of which was in the lobby area).

We had a few problems with the front desk upon checking in, and rooms were not ready when promised and the delay went on and on. Other than asking us to wait, they didn't do much to accommodate this inconvenience (no offer to get a table for us and coffee, etc.). After this shortcoming, however, all went well.

The hotel is located near one of the outside shopping areas, and it was a pleasure to be able to walk from the hotel to the shops. This is, in my mind, one of the biggest pluses of the hotel.

Room Tip: We heard the 9th floor was haunted!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are grateful for your recent visit and appreciate the insight on your experience with us.

We are happy that you enjoyed the modern amenities and enhancements, your comfortable and spacious room accommodation and our convenient location within walking distance of the 16th Street Mall.

We are disheartened to know, however, that you did encounter a few hiccups upon arrival and regret that we failed to correctly address these concerns during your stay. We hope you will consider a return visit so that we may have an opportunity to provide you with a more seamless stay from arrival to departure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Polish first
beatricepugzilla
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had to stay for a business meeting. As I am not one for historical and possibly haunted hotels, I was not not looking forward to the trip. While the decor and ambiance (personal taste only) were not something that won me over, the staff certainly did. It is very rare that I encounter such a professional staff - I travel all the time and encounter very nice and helpful staff members however this staff was PROFESSIONAL and top notch- wow! The valet and bellman are all over the top. Would I stay here again - no probably not - just not my taste - Am I gald I stayed here - ABSOLUTELY. Would I recommend this hotel? ABSOLUTELY.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
It was such a delight to read that the warm and professional service you received from all of our staff had provided you with an unexpected and exceptional experience.

We understand that historical hotels are not your particular preference, however, we are grateful for your recommendation and hope you will still consider popping in for another visit.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Writing that the Brown Palace pays attention to detail is an understatement. From the minute you pull up to the valet stand you are treated like family. Leroy and his crew of bellmen & valets are such pros. Upon entering the revolving door your eyes are treated to an amazing spectacle. The lobby is gorgeous and full of helpful staff. The front desk are charming and professional. The concierges can answer any questions or concerns.

After checking in you are shown to your room, I totally recommend the suites. These rooms are gorgeous with so many amenities and classy touches. The water comes from a well 750 feet beneath the hotel and is incredible. In fact the bottle it for guests and sell it to local businesses.

I won't bore you with all the details of the attention that was given to us on our 4 day stay, but it seemed to grow every day.

Stay classy Denver!

1 Thank djcurtisstrange
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are beyond pleased to know that your visit with us had exceeded your expectations on several levels. We are also happy to read that the attentive and professional service from all of our staff was a highlight of your stay.

I enjoyed sharing your wonderful review with our team, and with Leroy and his crew, in particular. Thank you for your time in posting about your experience and for recognizing their exemplary service.

We hope to have several more opportunities to impress you in the future!
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We got married here on April 14, 2013 and stayed in the Roosevelt Presidential Suite. It was absolutely the best experience of my life. Absolutely beautiful hotel, lovely staff that are beyond courteous, and the breakfast we had on-site at Ellyington's in the morning was one of the best I've had. All of our guests who spent the evening also had fantastic experiences. If you appreciate old-world style and class, this hotel is for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Our warmest congratulations on your recent wedding! We are honored to have been the host for your special day and are thrilled to know that your celebration was truly memorable both for you and your guests.

We hope you will consider celebrating your anniversaries with us as well!
Berkeley, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just had the pleasure of spending a few days in Denver at the Brown Palace. What a gem! It is a throwback to the hotels of old, with the service to match. From the moment I walked in, I felt taken care of. The bellman actually showed me around the room. Imagine that. And got me ice. The concierge did an awesome job of finding a place for a particular need. The piano playing in the late afternoon/evening was superb and the pub and cigar bar were awesome. I would go back there in anytime. Much preferred over all the amenities of the new generation of hotels. What a great spot in a super location!

1 Thank Lori P
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa as your destination while visiting Denver.

We're very pleased to know you appreciated the hotel's elegant touches and warm service during your stay. It would give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Denver's Grand Dame again soon!
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We grew up in Denver but never had stayed at the Brown Palace Hotel. My husband and I Decided to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary by staying at the Palace. In honor of our anniversary, they upgraded our room to a two room suite also they sent to our room a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We ordered Breakfast in bed both morning and I love how they would call us to see how the service was. They called us several times throughout our visit to see if all of our needs were being met and if they needed to accommodate us in any other way. The tour of the hotel was very interesting and the tour guides were very friendly and informative. My advice and recommendation is that everyone stay at the Palace at least one time. The Brown Palace hotel is well worth the money spent and Experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy L
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We would like to extend our warmest congratulations for your 35th anniversary!

We are honored you chose to celebrate with us at The Brown Palace Hotel and are delighted to know that our staff and the warm touches throughout your stay had contributed to a memorable celebration for you both.

We hope you will continue to celebrate many more anniversaries with us in the future!
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay here. The staff was very welcoming and informative. Everything was clean and inviting. I was surprised to find that the hotel has its own artesian well. I wish I could have attended the daily tour to learn more of the hotel's history. All of my needs were met in a prompt fashion. The bellman and valets are friendly and helpful. I did spend some time working in the atrium and found it very warm and comfortable. Sometimes a guest speaking too loudly would make it echo throughout due to the architecture. It is a beautiful place to stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa!

We're very happy to know you found the staff to be warm and attentive and the overall ambience of the hotel to be inviting and comfortable. We hope your first stay with us will lead to many more!