Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Special Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We live in Denver but stay at the Brown from time to time for a special weekend. There is a special quality about the Brown Palace Hotel and the Broadmoor Hotel that is unequaled by any other Colorado hotel. The minute you check-in to either you begin to relax. Great hotel for any special occasion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beach80126
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review - we are pleased to know you had a memorable stay with us recently.

We are honored to be a destination where Colorado residents, near and far, come to celebrate special moments in their lives. We look forward to celebrating many more with you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Polish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of a business meeting. The food for the meeting was truly amazing! The staff was fanatastic and very helpful from the check-in, to the food service, to the bar staff. Very well trained in customer-service! The rooms were older however remodeled well. The only thing I'm not sure about is that I may have gotten bit by a spider in my room. Not bed bugs, rooms were very clean, however, i did get a nice big fat welt that started showing up on my thigh on my way home the following evening. Anyway, it really was a nice hotel except for one thing (and it may honestly not have been there....maybe i got bit on the airplane!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

What keeps me coming back to The Brown Palace is the friendly and professional service of the employees. Friendliness begins as soon as you pull up to the front door and continues throughout the hotel. We sat in the Atrium Lobby for early evening appetizers and we were served by Kristina. She welcomed us with a friendly smile and served us with prompt attention and kindness. She is very professional in her service and contributes to one's overall positive experience in the hotel. The room was beautiful and clean and the bellman made sure we had fresh ice and water in the room. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is first class and the lobby atmosphere invites one to sit down, relax and stay for awhile. I look forward to another stay at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have an affinity for historic hotels. The Brown Palace is a perfect example. They will be celebrating 120 years this year. The service was exemplary from the valet, front desk staff to the courteous bellman who escorted us to our room. We had the Royal Suite, which was approx. 850 sq feet with separate living and bedrooms. The living room including a workspace, dining table, sofa and several chairs, ottomans and tables. The bedroom had king bed, a separate dressing table, large bath with dual sinks, soaking tub and large shower. I had the Yves St Laurent package which included VIP passes to the Denver Museum of Art (a 10 minute walk away) and a special chocolate YSL treat delivered to the room. Turndown was early which was much appreciated. We had a casual dinner at the Ship's Tavern, extremely popular with the after work crowd.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us recently at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa!

I am delighted to know that the comfortable layout and furnishings of your Royal Suite had contributed to the overall enjoyment of your stay. It also gave me great pleasure to read that our staff had provided you with exceptional service.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our popular Yves St. Laurent package, which is the perfect way to take in the glamourous fashion exhibit at the Denver Art Museum in grand style.

We would be most grateful for your return visit!
Stanton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here in February for a trade show for work . When i first walked in I was not sure what to think. They were having Tea Time around 5pm . It is a beautiful hotel and the nicest staff I have ever dealt with. I stayed with a few friends from work and we had a pretty big room with a huge bathroom. Coming in late after partying there would always be somebody there asking me if I needed water or anything before going back to my room. 1st time this has ever happened. Usually i just get weird looks. The atmosphere is great and would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Spent the Memorial Day weekend in Denver and wanted an unusual hotel close to all the festivities. Our route through the city took us to the back of the hotel. Found the entrance after circling the block. The lobby staff was exceptionally friendly and seemed proud to be part of the Brown Palace. Our room was comfortable and nicely furnished. There is a small but clean exercise room across the road which you can reach from an enclosed walkway. Food at the Ships Tavern was average but breakfast at Ellyngton's was very good. After touring downtown Denver my son and I spent our time exploring the hotel with it's wide staircases, wide hallways, and of course the lobby's stained glass ceiling. The Brown Palace is quiet, comfortable, and historic. Afternoon tea is service in the lobby. We didn't try it but the cakes looked delicious. Definitely one of the hotels high on our list when we want to simply relax and take in the city.

Room Tip: Believe the upper two floors are for their art deco rooms. The hallways of the upper two floors are...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

To start out I had to sit on hold for 10 minutes just to get to a reservations agent by the time I got through to an agent they seemed very rushed and not happy at all. I made the comment that the hold was very long for a hotel that should be specializing in hospitality and guest service and the agent so rudely said we are short staffed and take reservations for 2 hotels and all the dining outlets. I was so shocked by this response and could not believe I didn’t get an apology or anything I asked to speak with a manager and surprisingly she said she was the manager! I thought maybe it was just a bad day and that it was just one employee so I still wanted to stay to experience what everyone else raves about. When I got to the hotel everyone seemed rude irritable and not really willing to be there or help guest's.

On to the room, It was tiny my closet at home would have been more satisfying my sheets were dirty the walls are paper thin I heard my neighbors on all sides of me having normal conversations not even yelling just talking. After my second night of no sleep negative attitudes from all the employees I decided to check out early and go stay at the Four Seasons.

The Four Seasons was so welcoming they apologized for the Brown Palaces lack of hospitality when no one at The Brown Palace would take responsibility and treat a paying guest the way they should. Later in the evening I had a fruit and bottle of champagne delivered by the manager of Four Seasons with a letter wishing me a great stay and if I have any issues to contact them directly and offered me to stay there half off my next trip to Denver so I can be treated the right way and not have a bad impression of the city. I will definitely be staying again at Four Seasons and will never again think about the Brown Palace.

Room Tip: Stay at the Four Seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sarahs01
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
It was truly disheartening to learn that we had failed to provide you with the experience you were anticipating and rightfully deserve, which regrettably began with the Reservations process.

I am grateful for the opportunities you presented to us to re-evaluate our training and ensure we are consistently providing personalized and genuine service regardless of the situation. The service you received, or lack thereof, certainly is not indicative of the quality experience we have built our reputation on nor strive to provide.

I was also sorry to read that your room accommodations held certain disappointments for you in regards to layout and size. Please be advised that we offer an extensive selection of room categories with varying degrees of configurations to meet all of our guests' needs. Our staff is always willing to assist with finding the accommodation to meet your particular preferences.

I am glad to know you were able to find alternative accommodations within the city and deeply regret the incovenience caused to you. We would be most grateful for any additional insight you are willing to offer regarding your experience and remain hopeful we may have an opportunity in the future to provide you with the stay you should have initially received.

Please contact our Rooms Director, Ryan Pratt, at rpratt@brownpalace.com if we may be of any assistance.