“Treated like Royalty at the Brown Palace!”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, CO
“Treated like Royalty at the Brown Palace!”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

A day and night to remember! From the moment I pulled the car up and was greeted by the doorman until I left the next day after breakfast I was treated like Royalty. All the staff from the turn down service to the person who cleared the table at dinner, had a smile, Good Morning, Good Evening, Happy New Year, are you enjoying your stay, may I help you!

The afternoon tea in the lobby was delicious-not only from a taste standpoint, but from an experience standpoint. The Palace Arms restaurant had impeccable service, food and wine. A definite place to have dinner again.

In fact, the overnight event was so amazing, my sister and I plan to make it an annual event!

Stayed December 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Polish first
Colorado
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Even though we live less than 50 miles from this downtown oasis, when I think of treating my wife to a romantic overnight, the Brown Palace is the only place I seriously consider. Although we've traveled extensively and stayed at many hotels, we have never been treated so personally and thoughtfully. The staff are obviously well trained in putting their guests first. When you call the lobby desk, the person says your name, and even says it correctly (in our case this is uncommon enough) and they welcome us back as if we were attending a family reunion of which they are part. Everything was perfect. Even when we were unable to get a table for dinner in one of the restaurants because we arrived so late, we received the same courteous and personal service and an extraordinary meal in the bar. We love this place - the ambience, attention to detail, personalized and friendly service, the food and its presentation (for example the breakfast buffet contains obviously hand picked raspberries and blackberries - I mean hand picked by whoever assembled that platter in the kitchen) the live music that carries up to all the rooms, since they are arranged around a huge vaulted open space.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank WORDSMYTH
Denver, CO
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Our stay at The Brown Palace was amazing. I have never had such wonderful and attentive service. The room was so beautiful and romantic! Very clean and quiet. We ordered room service to bring us breakfast. The food and service was fantastic. Thank you BP for one of the most romantic weekends of my life!

• Liked — The history of this beautiful hotel.
  • Disliked — The food was a expensive.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank slainteforever
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Stayed here for a conference in October for 2 days. Absolutely beautiful, historic hotel in the middle of the hustle and bustle of downtown denver! The lobby is very picturesque with all the lighting, woodwork, and multiple levels open to the center lobby. The room was very charming, comfortable, and clean. The only problem encountered was someone elses $60 worth of laundry service getting charged to my credit card, which they promptly removed when I contacted them to complain. In the evening, you get turndown service...which was a surprise to me. I came back after a long day of meetings and dinner and found my radio on smooth jazz, my bed turned down and ready with a chocolate on my pillow :o) It was a nice touch! A bit pricey, but worth at least one stay to experience the history of the hotel!

• Liked — Turndown Service, Lobby
  • Disliked — Slow elevator
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank photoameteur
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2007

I must write to you to THANK YOU for the wonderful experience I had while visiting the Brown Palace Hotel Spa. I have patronized many spas, whether connected to a hotel or not, all over the United States, and must give your spa the highest rating of them all! I plan to make the Brown Palace Hotel Spa my monthly "spa treatment" experience from now on for a variety of your excellent services!

The surroundings and environment are what one would expect at "The Brown," but it is your staff and their commitment to their clients which is most remarkable. Like most of us, my life is busy, busy, busy, and mostly centers on the care of others. But while I am at your Spa, I feel like the center of attention...and have decided that I really like that feeling and need it, at least once a month anyway! Again, my thanks--see you next month!

Paula Kelly
Business Manager & Partner
Lytle Water Solutions, LLC

• Liked — The
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Paula K
denver
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I booked a night a the Brown Palace as a surprise R&R evening for my husband and I. We enjoyed a couples massage. The spa was clean and the staff was friendly and professional. The room was cozy and quiet. I would recommend the brown palace for anyone who is need of a night or weekend out for some R&R.

• Liked — Professional service
  • Disliked — bathroom was very small and in need of an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Boulder
Reviewed December 16, 2007

I grew up visiting The Brown Palace Hotel for breakfast, enjoyed my wedding reception in their beautiful ball room, and now visit for a night away with my husband. The staff is always so helpful with any requests or questions. We were given a glass of champagne upon check in of our last visit!
The Tavern is a great place to meet for a drink and quick bite. The Palace Arms is one of the best restaurants I have been to in Denver. And Ellyingtons is great for breakfast, especially the brunch on Easter and Christmas (Breakfast with Santa).
The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and always clean. The hotel is located close enough to walk to downtown shopping and dining. Easy to get to the highways for drives to other beautiful Colorado destinations.
Deciding where to stay in Denver is never a hard decision. Nothing beats The Brown Palace Hotel.

• Liked — The ambiance of the decor
  • Disliked — The electric outlets were not very accessable
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple