“Great Time at the Brown Palace”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Houston
“Great Time at the Brown Palace”
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We stayed at the Brown Palace for the weekend of our cousin's wedding. The staff were incredibly accomodating and so friendly. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the rooms were very nice. The Sunday Brunch was outstanding! We were within walking distance to a great many activities, including the shopping mall. We had a great time!

• Liked — The ambience of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2007
2 Thank ddors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We had an amazing time at the Brown Palace hotel. As you enter this Classically appointed lobby you will be stunned by the soaring ceiling & massive stained glass ceiling. This grand room will transport anyone back in time to when hotels were a true refuge from home.It is oozing with hospitality, elegance and charm. Our beds & linens were extraordinarily comfortable. The room was thoroughly modern with a very luxurious bathroom. The spa was a last minute decision and a worthwhile experience. It felt very pampering, plush and extremely professional. It's a very beautiful spa with such attentive & well skilled staff. After your treatments they offer refuge in the spa lounge with refreshments, comfortable furnishings, and wonderful mens and womens steam rooms and saunas. But the best thing of all was the genuine, friendly quality of service here. The maids were cheery in the morning and wished us a great day. The bellhop was friendly and charming and the concierge was terrific as well. I will always stay here when visiting Denver and would definitely recommend it to all of my friends and family.

• Liked — The customer service throughout the hotel.
  • Disliked — The Valet. They messed up so much with us in particular and others in our party.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Sonnenshine
Denver
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I only visited the Brown Palace to use the Spa for a pedicure and manicure. I was able to make an appointment the same day and was completely happy with the staff. Pamela was my technician was friendly and very professional. She really did a wonderful job and I look forward to going back and working with Pamela again.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank lauraj930
denver, co
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I recently received the best pedicure of my life at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. The technician was a true professional -- the service was on time, thorough and truly a joy. I would recommend this to anyone!

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank slgelt
Littleton, CO
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We are local to Denver but stayed at the Brown Palace for a weekend night getaway. The service was impeccable and the hotel was so charming. The staff took care of our every need and I would highly recommend the hotel to others. The location is wonderful and allows you to explore the best Denver has to offer. Additionally, I would strongly suggest taking advantage of the spa while you are there. Their services are excellent. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mefreivogel
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I frequently travel to Denver for work and always stay at the same big name hotel chain. This time they were sold out so I chose the Brown Palace which I walk by on my way to the office. I knew about its history and heard from others that it was really nice, so I decided to stay. From the moment I walked inside I could tell that this hotel was luxury all the way. I walked into my room and was literally taken back. It was huge and it wasn't a suite or anything. I had a king bed, flat screen tv, coffee table, couch, and 6 lamps. How big does a room need to be for 6 lamps? Pretty big, and the bathroom...wow. The shower was about 7ft in length, all marble, and had shower heads on both sides that sprayed you from everywhere. Who needs the spa in the hotel when you have a shower like that. Everyone was very nice, and the food in the 5 hotel restaurants was great. You'd be crazy not to stay here!

• Liked — The amazing room and its size
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank awademan
Mountain View, CA
Reviewed November 5, 2007

We recently attended a family wedding at the Brown Palace and decided to stay in the hotel since it is so highly rated as a splurge. When we checked in we were given a "Brown Palace" door key and directed to the skyway to "the tower".
As it turns out "the tower" as it was referred to is actually a Comfort Inn managed by the same company as the Brown Palace and for the price of a Brown Palace room we were placed in a Comfort Inn room. I went back to the desk and complained but to no avail, although a room was reserved for us in the Brown Palace, there were none available.
However, if you wish to enjoy the ammenities of the Brown Palace, make a reservation at the Comfort Inn and get a 15-20% discount at dining and gifts at the Brown Palace and pay only $17 a night in the same garage that the Brown Palace charges $26 a night for.

Stayed October 2007