“Polite Service, Great Breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #73 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just after midnight we called from the airport for the shuttle to come pick us up. I had given the hotel a heads-up that we were a late arrival. Within 20 minutes he arrived, and into a nice warm van we boarded.

Our room was at the far end of the third floor, nice and quiet (at some point we did hear another arrival upstairs). The room warmed up quickly, was spacious enough, and nice and clean. A coffee maker was ready for our use in the morning.

I chose this hotel because it boasted a full breakfast. Served in the lobby, both hot and cold foods were available: cereal, yogurt, milk, juices, coffee (much better than was provided in the room), scrambled eggs with cheese, biscuits and gravy, bagels, and bacon. Something for everyone. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold, very important to me.

Room Tip: We didn't partake of room service; I don't think it was even a choice as there was no on-sit...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your gracious review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Flew into Denver on a lark to see the wife and booked it while in the airport across the country on Hotwire. It was rated 2.5 stars but 95% approval, and it was cheap so I went with it. Very pleasantly surprised. Not too far from DIA, about 10-ish minutes and not too hard to find on Tower Road. Decor is new and nice. Staff pleasant. Didn't realize breakfast came with it until we checked in. Room was very nice; plenty of pillows which is a must for the Mrs. Beds nice as well. The breakfast was simple, but nice, Plenty of variety with waffles, yogurt, cereal, scrambled eggs, bacon, juice, etc. For what I paid, this was a STEAL. Would come there again without reservation (no pun intended). Not sure what the actual retail price was, but Hotwire hooked us up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of your stay here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you again in the future as a guest.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Rates initially misleading and add up fast. My review of this property was delayed as I was trying to figure out some rhyme or reason to their rate schedule. Also, the base rate on their website went from $69.00 to $74.00 today while I was researching it. They tout "park and fly" which, at first glance led me to believe that was part of their regular service and why I should choose this hotel over the other hotels in the area. In spite of my "senior discount", after tacking on the exhorbitant 15% "tax" then charging me the "park and fly" option, I wound up paying closer to $130.00. I learned this quickly over the phone while making the initial reservation so I stopped the reservation process there. I checked a few other's in the area and found that they're all pretty much operating the same "scheme" and came back to the Comfort.

Aside from cost surprises, this is a fine hotel for your run of the mill, impersonal, interior corridor, domestic superstructure. On the hospitality grade, these folks are top shelf. The property is very well kept, clean and comfortable all around. Pool and excersise area looked extra nice but, we didn't have time to use them. All staff we encountered were great. Breakfast is WAY above average with a good choice of hot or continental offerings. Shuttle service was on time, very fast and accomodating going both ways to and from the airport.

I think with a bit of research, I could have scored some more money savings but, here I paid for the convenience, and it was, very convenient. And yes, I will use this hotel again - I'm miffed about the pricing structure and once I get over that, may give Quality Inn and Suites DIA a better deserved 3 or 4 star rating after my next stay - now that I know the ropes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted to be able to respond on behalf of the Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport.

Being in the airport market, our hotel's demand changes on a daily basis and can be unpredictable at times. Our rates constantly flucuate depending on the time of year as well as the demand for that specific day. There are options that are available to you. If you know that you are definitely going to be making a trip and plan ahead of time, you can book our advanced purchase rate which is significantly discounted from our normal rates before 7 days of your planned arrival. However, this reservation requires you to pay at the time you make the reservation. Cancellation of this kind of reservation also results in the forfeiture of the deposit paid.

As far as the 14.75% tax, we are required to collect the city and state taxes by our local government and is something we unfortuantely do not have control over.

When it comes to our parking, we offer complimentary parking for our hotel guests during their actual stay. If you are choosing to park your car and utilize our complimentary shuttle service to the airport, you do have to pay $5.00 per day for up to 7 days. As you stated in your review, this is a practice that is normal in the airport hotel market. It is also stated on our hotel's website and subsidiaries that extended parking is not included in your rate.

I do want to thank you for your concerns and we hope that you will stay with us sometime in the future.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

perfect, reasonable price, pleasant, approachable, helpfull and friendly staff, clean, airport shuttle, heated pool, jacuzzi, great breakfast, extremely comfortable beds.

excelente, precio razonable, cama extremadamente comoda, placentero, personal amistoso y disponible, limpio, agradable a la vista, transporte al aeropuerto, piscina con agua tibia y bajo techo, jacuzzi.

short words: LOVE it!!!

Room Tip: great 4 floor, quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jackiepm

Thank you very much for your raving review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you again as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the same experience as another review. We were flying out early in the morning, so we made plans to arrive the night before & leave the car parked for 5 days. I specifically asked about motel parking and was told it was free for 7 days and then there was a fee after (I spoke with someone on 2 seperate occasions). Since we were only going to be gone 5 days - I thought we were set. Upon arrival, I was greated by a very friendly gal who gave me the paperwork for my car and "reminded" me of my parking fee. I explained all of this to her and she told me I should never have been told parking was free for a week - there was a $5/day charge. I told her I was not sure I would be staying there - there are too many places locally you can stay & park free that I wanted to go to the car and talk it over with my husband and I would her know what we decided. When I went back in, she told me that they would NOT charge me for my parking if I would stay - so we did. She was super friendly and handled the situation very well. The room was very nice, clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had the New York lady shuttle driver to and from the airport - she is fabulous! This is a great place to stay, very convenient to restaurants and the airport....just make sure you understand about parking fees. I was pleased with how my situation was handled but also know what I need to expect for the next time.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am so delighed that you enjoyed our stay with us and that both my shuttle driver and front desk agent were able to provide you with an excellent experience that we strive to provide.

I do, however, want to extend my apologies about the miscommunication regarding our extended parking. Parking for our guests is complimentary during the time that the guest is staying with us. If the guest is looking to park their car and fly out from Denver International Airport, then parking does cost $5.00 per day for up to 7 days. This seems to have been a more recent matter that has arisen and I was wondering if you could email me so that I can ensure that future guests receive the correct information. I can be reached at josh@qisdia.com. Once again, I do want to thank you for your feedback and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I made plans to visit some family in Seattle. I drove to Denver since the airfare is cheaper flying there. When I made the reservation with Quality Inn & Suites, I specifically asked if I could park my car there for a week and if it would cost anything extra. I was told Parking is free for guest and if you need to leave the car there it would be free for the first 7 days and then $5 a day after the 7th day. I thought this would be perfect since I was going to be gone for only a week! When I checked out though they had added $30 on my to my receipt. I went to address this and the front desk lady was completely and totally rude and then said that parking is $5 a day for only 7 days. Unfortunately the front desk lady did absolutely nothing to help me. NOt only did someone lie and I got charged more, but I was treated with nothing close to customer service. I work in customer service and know that you always make the guest/customer feel better before they leave and nothing was done even though THEY told me something that was incorrect. Fortunately the room was amazing and clean, the bellmen where very friendly. They women who picked us up from the airport (Idk her name but I know she is from New York) is great and a wonderful customer service advocate. Unfortunately the bad attitude and rudeness of the lady who checked us out ruined my stay, as well as the fact that I was misled and nothing was done to compensate for it. I left immediately and will think twice before staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor. You could here just a little noise fromm the streets and parking lot. Maybe...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsey H

Thank you very much for your feedback. I do want to extend an apology into the miscommunication regarding the parking during your stay and for the less than satisfactory customer service that you received from my front desk agent. Our policy regarding parking at our hotel is that parking is complimentary during your actual stay with us. If you require extended parking, it does cost an additional $5.00 per day for up to 7 days. I have since then evaluated and changed some of the verbage on our various websites as well as verified information with our central reservations to ensure that this kind of error is not made again. I will be addressing the matter with the front desk agent in question to ensure that none of our guests feel as though they cannot discuss a matter regarding their stay with us. Once again, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty as a guest.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was our first stay at this Quality Inn and we are very pleased with cleanliness and spaciousness of the room, the very good hot breakfast (they have also bags if you have to leave early) , the warm pool and the friendliness of the staff especially LaTisha and Rabia. Parking was very convenient, the shuttle was in time, also on our way back and it takes only 15 Minutes to the Airport. Restaurants are close by in walking distance which is a plus . We will definetely come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your gracious comments about your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that my front desk agents took special care in making sure that you had a terrific experience with our hotel. We hope to see you again real soon!