“good location and value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton

Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton
Ranked #93 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Nevada City, Montana
“good location and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

its was better the expected hotel, friendly staff, breakfast help with many items,
i will stay again when i return to Denver.
I wish the pool was open but its was cold in denver when we arrived.
super shuttle to hotel and super shuttle back from hotel

Room Tip: near Zoo, museum, downtown easy cap ride, northfield mall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello and thank you very much for your responds.
I am glad to hear we have exceeded your expectations here at the hotel. Our staff is very caring and friendly, they understand the value of our guest, and try to ensure each guest has a great stay. Please come back and see us when you are in the area we would love to have you back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
STL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went to Denver for an extended weekend getaway trip. This hotel was part of a priceline pkg deal & overall I was satisfied with my stay there.

Pros - The staff were all friendly, the breakfast was decent, the room was clean and comfortable, there's an outdoor pool (so it was closed during my stay), it has a small business center room (computer access), and a small fitness room which actually had more than just a couple treadmills! there is a multipurpose weight machine too. The location is near the interstate & across a multi-lane road is a complex full of shopping and dining options.

Cons - The cardio equipment in the fitness room - treadmill, elliptical, and bicycle machines - all felt clunky or were out of order. In fairness, I believe the treadmill had only been broken since the day before but the other two pieces still felt like they were clunky and not functioning properly. The bldg felt very warm.. especially the hallways. I noticed other guests make the same observation. The AC unit in my room worked but I had it set to auto. When the cooling cycle kicked on, it was very loud. I saw a sign stating that they were ceasing shuttle service beginning in April 2013. While I did not need to use the service, it's one of those things that can be very useful to potential guests. Cutting services has become the norm in all areas of business and government lately. While it is understandable in many cases, it still sucks.

The main question... would I stay at this hotel again? The answer is yes. It was reasonably priced, especially for my pkg deal (flight, hotel, car rental), conveniently located, and most important to me, my room was clean.

Also, there is a restaurant next to it called La Mariposa. I asked some locals about that place since I tend to be a little skeptical about restaurants connected to hotels. I'm not sure why but I am. Anyway, I was told to avoid it. The food supposedly tastes good but they've heard of several people getting sick there and that the place had been close a few months ago for E. coli. For close dining, go across Quebec St

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for you responds
Our pool opening May 29 this year because it is an outdoor pool we can not open until weather permits. I know we have had some wonderful days lately but the weather forecast is still predicting snow, so we have to wait. Our fitness center does have older equipment but it is working at this time, and we are in the process of upgrading the fitness center as a hole. You comments mean a lot to us and help to keep us always looking to improve please come back and see us again! Thank you so much for your stay!
Bonner Springs, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

In our choice of this hotel, we were looking for a particular location, wanting to be nearest to where our daughter was working. This hotel not only met that criteria, but was also within walking distance of a major shopping center with numerous choices for restaurants, and best of all--a Walmart. So we could have given it 5 stars just for location. As far as the room itself--it was comfortable & clean, & housekeeping, the front desk, & the breakfast service were all top-notch. The only thing keeping it from a 5-star rating for us, was just the fact that it is an older hotel which, while it's been remodeled fairly recently, does show its years; the wifi was VERY slow; the tv station choices were very limited (ok, we're spoiled at home) which was disappointing since it was a blizzard outside & we were stuck inside. It was fairly quiet, although we were there during the big snowstorm "Virgil" in March & the airport closed, which filled our hotel with stranded passengers & kept the hallways noisy. The breakfast staff worked wonders with keeping all those hungry guests satisfied in the mornings, in spite of their supply truck not arriving when expected, & a guest who filled the belgian waffle maker with gravy (really, people??) instead of waffle batter which took it out of commission for the duration of the snowstorm.
All in all, we would definitely stay here again. It was clean, comfortable & a very good bargain thanks to Orbitz.

Room Tip: I would not have wanted a room on the 2nd floor, as that is where the coffee service, breakfast room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our hotel is an older building but as you stated we have done a lot of remodeling, and are still in the process of making many more upgrades to the inside and outside of the building. We are in a wonderful location in regards to convenience we are surround malls, restaurants, stores of many kinds. Please come back and see us if you are in the area.
JOPLIN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Mid March. Temps that day were in 70's and when we walked onto elevator to 4th floor it was hot, got off on our floor which was hot and stuffy. Arrived at our room and it too was hot. Turned on air conditioner and room appeared to be cooking down. Left for dinner and when we returned our room was HOT although we'd left ac on 61 degrees. We spent a very uncomfortable night as did several others we talked to--many left doors open overnight to try and get air. When I mentioned during checkout with identical complaints from others checking out, all the clerk said was "really" and acted very surprised (although many guests asked for and got fans the night before). There was absolutely no apology or acknowledgment of the problem. Think twice before staying here in warm weather.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for your responds,
Our hotel is an older building that has a central heating and cooling system, so It is sometimes hard to get a perfect temperature for all, and at this time the system is still on heat, because we are still getting snow. However each room the central air can be turned off, up, or down, and if they would like cold air we have cooling units in every room which can be adjusted to any temperature the guest likes hot or cold. So please come try us again we can make the room whichever temperature is comfortable for you!

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall, this is an average hotel, with very little that’s actually average except for the rooms. Instead, it has highs and lows that might attract guests or send them elsewhere. For example, the hotel is in a great location, is very reasonably priced compared to nearby hotels, and the price includes free wireless internet and a full hot breakfast (including made to order waffles). Additionally, management and staff are friendly and helpful. So what’s not to like? internet connectivity is spotty, regularly dropped out, and was slow even when connected (not just my computer – another guest had the same problem). The breakfast was very good, but even though the hotel had been sold for out two weeks, management didn’t bring in extra help to keep it stocked. The one server was doing a remarkable job, but simply could not keep up and guests ended up having to wait for coffee, biscuits, eggs, and other basics. The room was pretty standard, though the mattress was a little soft for my preference. If the hotel can fix the internet connectivity and better staff for busy times, they’ll really be a great place to stay in Commerce City. Until then, it’s just average.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are more quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Got in late and was greeted by Robert. He is definitely an asset to this hotel. He was very accommodating to me and my boys during our 3 day stay. Also dealt with Gabby & Melanie over these 3 days and they were very attentive to our needs. Only issue we had was with the A/C on the 3rd evening. It blew hot air. Room temp was 90 degrees according to the thermostat. Called the front desk and the 2 ladies informed me to shut off the window unit and only run the wall unit. We did that & it still blew hot air. We called the front desk again & they said they would try to find us a fan. They could not find a fan so we ended up shutting off the unit, opened the windows, and propped open the door to our room. By the time we went to bed, the temp in the room dropped to 80--still warm. Of course we shut the door when we went to bed, but left the windows open. Temp was fine in the morning. I thought about running to the Wal-mart across the street to buy a fan, but, I didn't want to haul it home, and I didn't think I should spend my money on a fan for their hotel room. They did adjust some off of our room rate which was appreciated. The price made the room tolerable. :) As stated before, the staff went out of their way to help us and accommodate us. Thanks for the friendly, caring service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We do have a very caring staff we work hard to ensure our guest have a great experience here with us. We are an older hotel which is ran off a central heating unit and the weather has been so crazy here in the wonderful Colorado we have not yet changed them to cooling just yet. We do have independent units in each room that can be used to adjust the tempter in the rooms as well. This is why each responds id so important to us. I will be sure that the staff is trained better in regards to the heating and cooling units in the rooms so this can be explained to each guest so there can be less confusion and more comfort. Again thank you for your responds!
Sabetha, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for an overnight trip to Denver. Arrived at hotel in late afternoon for check in. Turned thermostat to cool and turned the thermostat down. After a while I noticed it was coming out hot. Called front desk. Was advised that she couldn't switch us rooms and that a service guy would be up shortly. She told me to open the windows. Service guy shows up and says that this particular room has a heater only, no ac, and that the thermostat runs the heater in both modes. He told me to open windows. He was very polite and did bring us a fan. So we slept with the windows open, eye level with the roof so it wouldn't be hard to break into the room.

As I walked back into the hotel, 6 hours after check in, I see 10-15 people checking in. Why couldn't they have switched our room? We were penalized for getting their at a decent time? Why book a room with inferior amenities at the same price as a fully functioning room? Will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jesse M
Hello,
This is unacceptable for any guess to have to experience, we have plenty of room with a/c units in them, and you should have been move right away from that room. However the next morning I offered to refund you for your stay and you did not want that, so I was happy to give you extra Best Western Reward points to add to your upcoming events. I agree the next day is a day too late, but we did try our best to compensate for your inconvenience. If there is anything else I can do to help the situation please feel free to let me know!