All reviews front desk shuttle driver parking garage mountain view lobby area balcony airport walmart quebec downtown inns clerk hyatt
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here one night to catch an early flight. The room was really smelly, like an animal's wet fur. Carpet was old, mattress hard and uncomfortable. I went to sleep at 9 PM since I had to get up at 2:30 am. At 10:30 PM, I was woken by sirens and alarms going off in the hotel, so I got dressed, grabbed my purse and made my way from the 6th floor down the stairwell. Alot of people were also outside and the fire dept arrived. After 10 min, they said it was clear to go back to rooms. No sign of management or staff. I just got back to sleep and the were horrific loud shots or fireworks and cars drag racing up and down the street. Very noisy. Would NOT recommend this hotel!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Commingle1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

We're truly sorry to hear that your stay was not as restful as it could have been. Please know that if you are dissatisfied with your room for any reason, you may contact the front desk and we will do all we can to rectify the issue, even if that means moving you to a new room. Additionally, we apologize for the late night disturbance. While we aim to ensure all of our safety measures are in working order, it's never our intention to disrupt your rest, and we apologize for doing so. We sincerely hope you'll consider staying with us again soon, for the relaxing experience you deserve.

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

We went for a soccer tournament and stayed here for that time. The staff was amazing! The managers were in the lobby at all times and I always got a quick response when I had a question. The pool is nice.... a little small but better than nothing. The restaurant is yummy. They have free coffee in the lobby plus your room. They just remolded it’s nice. The only con is the bathrooms are really small.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Commingle1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thank you for your compliments of our recent renovations along with our prompt and friendly customer service during your stay at Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton! It's great that you enjoyed your complimentary coffee as well as our tasty restaurant. Hopefully, you will keep us in mind for your next soccer tournament or family vacation!

Reviewed July 17, 2019

As a frequent traveler for my job, I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. Some are better and some are worse, but for the most part they are all serviceable. My recent stay at the Holiday Inn East Stapleton broke the mold. This is a hotel I would never stay at again, and I strongly advise you to book elsewhere. There are plenty of other hotels in the area.

There are two basic problems with this hotel. The first is the building itself and the other is the staff. The hotel had broken AC, broken elevators, shower drains that didn’t work, dirty bathrooms, you name it. However the building problems paled in comparison to the the rude staff.

The staff simply do not care. We had a booking issue where our stay was broken into 2 reservations. Instead of combining them the way any other hotel would, this hotel insisted we keep them separate. Because of that we were forced to move out of one room and then into another. The crazy part was that they made us check out at 11:00AM and then check back in at 3:00PM. We had to sit in the lobby for 4 hours! Why we couldn’t have stayed in our original room a little longer, or check in early to the next room, or the super obvious choice of keeping the exact same room, is anyone’s guess. Unfortunately the hotel staff wouldn't allow any of those easy options and they refused to allow us to speak to a manager to try to correct the problem.

While this situation likely won’t happen to you, know that the building is still severely sub standard and any issue you do have will not be resolved.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Commingle1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

We're terribly sorry to hear of your less than ideal treatment here, Brad. Please know that this is far from the typical and expected service our staff provides, and we are working closely with them to ensure nothing like this occurs again, and that they provide the friendly, helpful and understanding service they are known for. Additionally, should you have any issues with your accommodations, we will ensure that our staff resolves it in no time flat. We sincerely hope you'll consider staying with us again soon, to see just how dedicated we are to making a positive change.

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

I was doubled charged for my stay although I had prepaid for my entire stay! No apology given; only refunded after calling corporate and getting the run around from 20 other rep who didn’t know what to do! My travel funds ($500) were affected because of this error and was not corrected until almost 2 weeks after my trip ended! I was informed at check in that my credit card would be HELD $50 hold and then released at check out. I WAS CHARGED FOR COMPLETE STAY! I prepaid for entire stay and the check in staff was aware of reservation and had reservation #. Still no apology at all for their mistakes or even admitting that they made an error! Rooms are clean but pool/ jacuzzi need updating/ deep cleaning! It was disgusting! Elevators are being “modernized” and take 10 minutes to get to your floor and they are not synchronized so it stops at every floor although other elevator has been there. The restaurant had good burgers, a little overpriced but conveniently inside hotel. I would not recommend this hotel if you planned trip through a trip agency; there were other guests who had their trip ruined due to charging errors!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Commingle1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to take this oppurtunity to apologize for the billing issue you experienced with us. Please know that we are hard at work internally to ensure that no error of this sort occurs again. Additionally, our hotel strives to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, but it's clear we faltered a bit during your stay. Please know we will be working closely with Housekeeping to ensure they provide the most thorough service going forward, to avoid any oversights like what you describe. We hope you'll consider staying with us again soon, to see just how dedicated we are to making positive change.

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for 10 days at a time since May. The service I have received is excellent. I work in a high stress environment and the employees here have gone way beyond the extra mile for me and made me feel welcomed and taken care of. Every single employee I come in contact with smiles at me, looks me in the eye and tries their hardest to make sure when I walk through the front door, the stress of my day is behind me. Thank you all for taking such good care of me and my dog. Your efforts continue to mean more than you can know.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Commingle1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Our greatest point of pride here at the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton is our friendly, helpful staff and we're overjoyed to hear they made all the difference to you! We'll be sure to let them know how much they are appreciated, and we hope to see you again soon, for another ideal experience!