“Service?”

Ranked #51 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Service?”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here one weekend to meet up with some friends. I used to work for Holiday Inn as a GEC, so I expect certain things when I stay at brand. We were not greeted as IHG Plat. Members and did not receive a friendly welcome. I felt like we were bothering the front desk more than anything. The rooms were clean and comfy. The view was great, you could see the mountains surrounding Denver. Its an older hotel but they kept up the look pretty well. They have sleep number beds so you can adjust to your comfort & very quiet rooms. We were doing some sight seeing when I remembered I had forgot my engagement ring in the bathroom. We called to have someone check the room and they said they would have someone check the room right then and call us back. 6 hours later, no call back so we called before we left Denver, I was on hold for about 20 minutes before I was transferred to Housekeeping who confirmed they had the ring. For something so important, I would think they would keep their word and call us like they said. I don't think you should ever keep a guest waiting. Even if you are really busy simply let the guest know it will be awhile so they are not aggravated like I was. Everything was great besides the service. In some cases, service is everything....

Room Tip: Get a high floor on the back to see a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Msaavik,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the delay in contacting you regarding your lost engagement ring. Please know that is not our normal practice and your feedback will help us make improvements to our service levels. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you consider staying with us in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
tempe, az
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night this week on a business trip. Very convenient to the airport. Desk staff was very efficient and friendly. Micro, fridge, nice TV and really good bed. We ate at the restaurant that's located in the hotel. It's small in size, but the service and the food was actually really good. My only complaint is that the pillows were a bit lumpy. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hummergirlTempe_Az
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear HummergirlTempe_AZ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We are glad to hear we met your expectations during your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Location is convenient to the airport. Its not truly 'downtown' but they offer shuttles so a car isn't a necessity. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Decor was just o.k. but the service is fantastic. Late at night, early departures, everyone was most accommodating. I arrived at the last minute, very late after another hotel had lost my booking and they absolutely took care of me.

Breakfast was very good. Selections vary daily and the green chile was delicious. The breakfast staff in particular was the best I've come across. They absolutely went out of their way to make sure you were looked after and would remember your preferences the next day. Just delightful.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WhiskeyGirlDublin
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear WhiskeyGirlDublin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and will certainly pass them along to our entire staff, especially our restaurant crew! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

In many ways this is a very standard Holiday Inn, however the standard is good, clearly a popular hotel that is well used, but it is well maintained, very comfortable well appointed with helpful friendly staff. Room was very comfortable and had everything needed. The location that is both very convenient for Denver International airport as well as Denver itself, conveniently located for all routes as well as for shops and places to eat. The hotel itself has all that you might need in terms of breakfast and dining.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank D C
Dear D C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We value our guest’s feedback and we are glad that we met you expectations during your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Denver!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just what the title says. The on-site massage therapist (Suzan) is wonderful. Very moderate price, as well. I had a two-night stay in early August. This is a classic hotel that is constantly updated. The airport and area shuttles are very quick. Service in the hotel restaurants is quick. There are four elevators, so you can quickly access your guest room.

Those are all very important things.

The location is great; halfway between DIA and Downtown Denver. That's a great compromise, you are not isolated out on Tower Road. Within reasonable walking distance (about 1 mile) there is a great supermarket, plenty of cafes, and a weekend Farmers Market with Food Trucks.

As for the room; extremely comfy bed and very large flat screen TV. Excellent shower water pressure. It appears all rooms have an outdoor deck with sliding glass door. Spotless clean so housekeeping is excellent. Nice, strong wi-fi and they were sold out the first night I was there.

Decent outdoor pool (a rare thing among Denver hotels). Decent indoor hot tub. Ample pool towels available. If you do stay here, I can not recommend enough getting a massage from Suzan.

Front desk people and managers (Sarah and Julio) promptly fix any issues that arise. Overall, this property is a great value and I look forward to my return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joe R
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear demaileron,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review!! We appreciate your compliments and will certainly pass them along to our entire staff. We are glad that we met all your expectations during your stay from Suzan, our massage therapist to our comfortable guest rooms and hotel restaurant! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Denver!

Helena, Montana
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We missed our connection due to weather and ended up here. Free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes. We got a great discount. Our revised connection didn't leave until the next evening so we needed late check-out. There was no charge for this. They provided free shuttle to the Denver Museum of natural history at our requested time. James was very personable and helpful. The food was excellent especially the complimentary breakfast. It included a food bar which featured a chef who made omlettes, eggs, and waffles. There were also cafeteria-style items like french toast, bacon, sausage, and green chili which were excellent. The staff was extremely friendly and catered to all our needs: coffee, OJ, milk, high chair for our son. The bar-tender, Courtney, was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear ACE B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! It's unfortunate you were here displaced by the airlines, but am glad your enjoyed your stay while you were! Your compliments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire team! See you the next time you're in Denver!

Melville, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friends and I booked this hotel to prepar for our annual adventure to Dick's Sporting Goods Park to "witness" the Phish Summer Tour closing 3 show event. Last year we camped at Dick's, as did so many wonderful fans, but this year we wanted the comforts and amenities that a hotel would provide. The Holiday Inn East - Stapleton, 4 miles South of the venue, provided all that we required. Understanding that this is not the property if you want high style and plush creature comforts, all expected needs were met. The staff were wonderful and a special thanks to "Shar" at the front desk.

Room Tip: The rooms on the South were bigger than those facing the mountains (West). Don't know about the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Bruce R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments! I will also pass them along to Shar at the front desk! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next year!