“Nice accommodation FIVE STAR Massage!”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #58 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just what the title says. The on-site massage therapist (Suzan) is wonderful. Very moderate price, as well. I had a two-night stay in early August. This is a classic hotel that is constantly updated. The airport and area shuttles are very quick. Service in the hotel restaurants is quick. There are four elevators, so you can quickly access your guest room.

Those are all very important things.

The location is great; halfway between DIA and Downtown Denver. That's a great compromise, you are not isolated out on Tower Road. Within reasonable walking distance (about 1 mile) there is a great supermarket, plenty of cafes, and a weekend Farmers Market with Food Trucks.

As for the room; extremely comfy bed and very large flat screen TV. Excellent shower water pressure. It appears all rooms have an outdoor deck with sliding glass door. Spotless clean so housekeeping is excellent. Nice, strong wi-fi and they were sold out the first night I was there.

Decent outdoor pool (a rare thing among Denver hotels). Decent indoor hot tub. Ample pool towels available. If you do stay here, I can not recommend enough getting a massage from Suzan.

Front desk people and managers (Sarah and Julio) promptly fix any issues that arise. Overall, this property is a great value and I look forward to my return.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joe R
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear demaileron,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review!! We appreciate your compliments and will certainly pass them along to our entire staff. We are glad that we met all your expectations during your stay from Suzan, our massage therapist to our comfortable guest rooms and hotel restaurant! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Denver!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We missed our connection due to weather and ended up here. Free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes. We got a great discount. Our revised connection didn't leave until the next evening so we needed late check-out. There was no charge for this. They provided free shuttle to the Denver Museum of natural history at our requested time. James was very personable and helpful. The food was excellent especially the complimentary breakfast. It included a food bar which featured a chef who made omlettes, eggs, and waffles. There were also cafeteria-style items like french toast, bacon, sausage, and green chili which were excellent. The staff was extremely friendly and catered to all our needs: coffee, OJ, milk, high chair for our son. The bar-tender, Courtney, was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear ACE B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! It's unfortunate you were here displaced by the airlines, but am glad your enjoyed your stay while you were! Your compliments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire team! See you the next time you're in Denver!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friends and I booked this hotel to prepar for our annual adventure to Dick's Sporting Goods Park to "witness" the Phish Summer Tour closing 3 show event. Last year we camped at Dick's, as did so many wonderful fans, but this year we wanted the comforts and amenities that a hotel would provide. The Holiday Inn East - Stapleton, 4 miles South of the venue, provided all that we required. Understanding that this is not the property if you want high style and plush creature comforts, all expected needs were met. The staff were wonderful and a special thanks to "Shar" at the front desk.

Room Tip: The rooms on the South were bigger than those facing the mountains (West). Don't know about the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Bruce R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments! I will also pass them along to Shar at the front desk! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next year!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is my 3rd year staying at this hotel for a local event. It's always great, but I have to say that Shar, the woman at the desk who checked us in, was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions without us feeling rushed. She was so pleasant and helpful, it was a great start to our weekend! I don't usually write reviews and I always know I'm going to be treated well at the Holiday Inn, but Shar really went above and beyond my expectations this trip. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear amyjae77,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I will certainly pass along your compliments to Shar! We take great pride in the service we provide and am glad that Shar was able to make your weekend enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I read reviews before I choose but, this was a business choice otherwise I would of changed hotels. First when entering the hotel I thought this might work it had a spacious nice lobby. Front desk service was alright but not the best. When I came into the room the first thing I noticed was that the floors were awful, there was left over sunflower seeds, a shirt from the last guest, hair on bed, floors etc. The only nice thing to say about this place was the service in the bar/restaurant was great!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear ShellyP2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. That is not our normal practice and I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We value our guest's feedback and will be using yours to make improvements to our service levels. Thank you again and we hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel does a disservice to the public by claiming to be located in downtown Denver. It is 25 minutes from Denver Stapleton airport and a good 40 minutes from downtown Denver proper. It is located in a strip mall desert. The staff are friendly, I can say that. But a lot gets overlooked. A shuttle reservation was not written down and a wakeup call was not made. The rooms are OK, the sleep number bed was OK but creaky. There were some cleanliness issues. In one case, dirty water backed up through the shower drain. There are no counters in the bathroom forcing you to balance toiletries on the sink margins and on a small shelf above the toilet. Free wifi was helpful and the flat screen TV was a good addition. There was an OK view from the balcony and the air conditioner was easy enough to set up.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Richard S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the misleading information regarding our hotel location on our website. I am also sorry to hear that the shower drain was not working properly and that there was limited space in the bathroom for toiletries. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to our guest amenities. We hope that you consider staying with us in the future. Thank you again.

Sarah I,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was clean, but the drain in the tub was stopped-up, so I had water up to my ankles when taking a shower. I reported it to the front desk and it was fixed quickly, so they are prompt! A few of the front desk women are very pleasant (Alyssa especially!!) while others seem bored and uninterested in whatever you may have to say. The breakfast is quite pricey ($11 or $13, I can't recall) and nothing is done about the smokers standing right by the front door even though it is brought to the attention of both the Bellhop and the Front Desk. Colorado law states that they must stand so many feet away from the doors, but the Holiday Inn doesn't seem to care about this. The pool area is not kept clean and looks like it has seen better days! Finally the bed - you will either love it or hate it! It's a Sleep Number - I hated it!

Overall a good experience, but it would be great if all of the employees at least acted like they enjoyed their jobs and provided excellent customer service like Alyssa!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Bovey70,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will certainly pass along your compliments to Alyssa at the front desk. And although you had a pleasant stay for the most past, I sincerely apologize for the hiccups you experienced with the bathtub drain, smokers in the front, and sleep number beds. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to help make improvements to our service. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.