“No toilet paper, terrible service”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #51 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Chicago
“No toilet paper, terrible service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Came in for my stay in the evening, found no toilet paper or tissues in my room. Tried to call down to the front desk with no response after waiting on the phone for 3 minutes while it rang. Went downstairs to try and get toilet paper and the front desk said that it would be right up. 30 minutes later I called the front desk again, 5 minutes later it came. Frustrated with the lack of service. Breakfast was around $12 from attached restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mikkel L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. That is not our normal practice and I will relay your feedback to our Operations Team to help improve our service levels within the entire hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope that you consider staying with us again see our improvements.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here because our friends needed to be at the airport early in the morning and the price was decent. It is an impressive sight when you walk in, there is a huge atrium that is as tall as the building. The staff was friendly enough, but the rooms are a bit small and poorly designed. The furniture and accessories did not fit the room and were strangely placed. The balcony was nice, but it overlooked loud HVAC machinery and the parking lot. The machinery was very loud, avoid the rooms in the rear on the lower levels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear yogurt777,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. We appreciate your compliments about our staff and will pass along your comments. We are working to improve the hotel in different areas and hope that you visit soon to see the changes! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

breckenridge,co
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am always amazed when I encounter front desk staff who act like hotel clients are an interruption of their work day, instead of seeing us as their job. If I wasn't checking in, you would have no job, and I don't mean that in a bad way, but really, I am not an interruption when I come to check in, so don't treat me like I am. The young lady who checked me in could not have given me less information. Room keys and pointed me to the elevator. Ok, what about parking? This is a problem as previous posters have stated. A map with the parking garage or available space at the building next door would be most helpful. My reservation says I get breakfast, don't tell me your paperwork says otherwise when I have my confirmation saying I do. I am not trying to "rip you off", and I understand people will, but don't give me the great inquisition and telling me I have to speak to your manager in the morning. I didn't have time to do so, so I skipped the breakfast entirely.

The room was fairly clean, not a big fan of the sleep number bed and this one had no happy medium, soft or hard and no in between. First day of housekeeping all towels were replaced, second day, nothing was, just dirty towels taken out. Good television channel selection and microwave and frig was nice, but could be placed in a cabinet of some type getting it up off the floor for a better presentation. I would suggest a housekeeper inspect the edges of the carpet as the dust and litter is obvious along the walls.

When I received my bill under my door the last morning, there was an error which I brought to the front desk when I left. Again, a different clerk had a big chip on her shoulder telling me it was just a "preliminary" bill and she would fix it. How about something like, " oh I am sorry, let me fix that right up for you"? It was almost like these young women are taking any requests or problems as a personal affront. No, I just need it taken care of which you should do with a little bit better attitude. As I was standing at the counter, I observed similar interactions with other customers, so I know it wasn't me, it's a training issue that should be dealt with directly and quickly.

With better management and attention to detail, this hotel could easily be above average due to it's excellent and convenient location.

Room Tip: If you have a reservation that states breakfast is included in your room rate, be sure to have your...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Divecozumel
Dear divecozumel,

I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received during your last visit and I would appreciate the chance to personally speak to you about your experience. Please contact me directly at sarah.inman@histapleton.com or 303.329.2788. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

First approach to this property is very positive. Very nice lobby, public areas (although parking is difficult and hard to find). It's downhill from there. Elevators are pretty beat up with fraying carpets dirty floors, etc. It didn't get much better in the room. With a king bed there wasn't much room to move around, and the bathroom was tiny. Air conditioner was incredibly loud. Mattress had clearly seen better days as a roll towards the center also rolled my spouse from the other side of the bed into the center! The worst were the pillows. My dog sleeps on better ones. The saving grace was the price.

Room Tip: ask to see it first.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear edoSyosset_NewYork,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We strive to provide the best accommodations and did not succeed during your travels. Your feedback has helped target areas for improvement. We hope that you consider staying with us in the future and again, we appreciate your comments.

Mason City, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Spent a week here in the spring. They let us check in early and gave us a 10th floor room with a balcony so we could see the Rocky Mountains. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Hotel was within walking distance to nice restaurants and shopping. The 1 thing I would have like to have seen was more parking. If you were away for the day and arrived back late you weren't getting a parking spot at the hotel. Two night we were left parking at the business next door. But then again we weren't the only ones and it wasn't a very far walk. If I find myself in Denver again, I will stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up on the North side as to see the Rockies without an obstructed view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Leslie J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I am glad that we were able to accommodate an early check-in for you and a room that was facing the mountains! The next time you stay with us, we do have complimentary underground parking for your convenience. Hope to see you soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2013

First of all make sure you get the right bus to the right Holiday Inn. When I called for pick-up the front desk clerk told me exactly where to pick up the bus....only I had never flown into Denver before and when the first bus with "Holiday Inn" on it pulled up I got on. This was not the right bus however and you must board the one the says Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Wish I had been told this before I traveled all the way to the Holiday Inn on Tower Blvd.; then had to take the shuttle back to the airport to catch the right one.
When I arrived I was very scared that the hotel was going to be loud. There was a soccer convention or something in town and lots of loud kids running around. However, once the door to the hotel room was closed I did not hear any of their noise.
The decor was dated, but clean. I only was staying one night.
The next morning the breakfast buffet was included in my nights stay and it was fine. Eggs, bacon, cereal etc.
The staff was very friendly. This Holiday Inn is NOT near Denver International.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear ncmom51,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. I apologize for the confusion when locating our airport shuttle! We did have a soccer tournament during your stay and am glad to hear you were not disturbed during your travels. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel and its rooms were fairly clean, comfortable, and had balconies. The staff was nice as well. It is located near some shopping plazas and attractions but the location is not the best. Overall the hotel is pretty good for the most part but I would not highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lemon100,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!