“I simply love this place”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #44 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Caseville, Michigan
“I simply love this place”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I came (back) to Denver recently and stayed at this hotel since my last stay was so incredibly wonderful. I was (once again) so impressed with everything - the front desk staff (Amber and Alyssa especially), the cleanliness of my room, the breakfast buffet (by the way, the green chili is amazing), and friendly and accommodating restaurant staff (I think my bartenders name was Dan?). I never feel unwelcomed or that I'm taking up someone's time at this location. They make me feel important and appreciated. Good customer service is hard to find these days, so kudos to the Holiday Inn Denver East team! I will, most certainly, be back in a few months!

Room Tip: I understand the business center is 'under construction', but it needs computers!! Mr. GM...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review on your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! It brings our staff great joy knowing that we have loyal guests who come back to visit our property. I'm so glad you enjoyed our service as we enjoy serving our guests to the best potential we can. I will pass on compliments to the employees you mentioned as they will be pleased to know they contributed to your wonderful stay. Our business center will be getting new computers so the next time you come visit, you will have computers to take care of all your business needs. We're so honored you came back to the property and we hope to see you soon! Thank you again for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review.

Best Wishes,

Amber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Grant, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2012

What a nice place. We were assigned here because we missed our flight, and the airline sent us here. I wish we could have stayed even longer, it was that nice. The people were all very nice and accommodating to us. The room was perfect, all in good order. This place is no plain box like building---interesting design. The shuttle worked fine to and from DIA, but it is quite a drive.
It's amazing the nice places you can find because you missed your flight. Did not have time to eat the breakfast, but it sure looked good. These people know what they are doing.
Well done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I'm so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at our property. We take great pride and pleasure knowing you had a wonderful time and wished to stay longer. I'm glad to hear the shuttle service and the room met your standards as we do try hard to accomodate and go above and beyond for all our guests. Please visit us the next time you are in Denver and we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Friendliest staff, all we're so helpful. The rooms were very clean, this hotel was a great value. Highly recommend. The rooms were quiet and the restaurant was very tasty. We had a beautiful view from our balcony. It was very easy to navigate to and from the airport. In addition there was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room.

Stayed November 2012
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for writing such a fantasitc review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! We take great pride in the service we provide our guest's so it's always wonderful when we are recognized for our hard work and dedication. We certainly hope that you will recommend our hotel to friends and family and hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back to the property in the near future! Thanks again for taking the time to write such an awesome review! Have a great week!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here on Nov 8th 2012. It is a very old hotel that needs to be upgraded to modern times. They put us in a non smoking room that someone either just smoked in recently or due to its corner location, gets smoke smell from the hallway. They then moved us 2 flights up and away from the hallway, and that room also smelled of smoke... Yuk!

The beds were comfort select which is ok, the tv was very large, maybe like a 46" flat screen, so if you enjoy an 80s feel and are a smoker, this is a place for you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Please know that the hotel is 100% nonsmoking and we truly appreciate you making us aware that the room did not meet your standards. Your comfort is extremely important to us, so I apologize for any dissatisfaction these issues may have caused you. I'm pleased to hear; however, that you were able to find comfort in our Sleep Number beds and enjoyed the new flat screen TVs. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

McKinney, TX
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel on Priceline blindly. I used their feature for just entering a maximum price I was willing to pay and the quality of hotel I wanted to stay in. Was just going up to Denver for a quick getaway and for a concert. Ended up getting the room for only $41 a night. I went on Holiday Inn website and the price of the room on their website was $81 a night. So I pretty much got 2 nights for the price of 1. Stayed from 12/13/11 - 12/15/11. It was a great property in a great location. Located not very far from the main strip where the venue was that we were going to the concert, and very close to all the major malls and shopping. They give you Sleep Number beds in the room and it makes it a very comfortable stay. Only downside was that this particular Holiday Inn didnt have a free continental breakfast. They did have a restaurant on site, but they were charging something like $16 for their breakfast buffet. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Denver.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank filmmakr
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything went during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I'm pleased to hear that you were able to secure such a great rate for your weekend getaway and that our location was convenient for your leisurely needs! We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Waukee, Iowa
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here again this weekend for one night. I had stayed here before and not had the greatest experience. Other places around were sold out, so I decided to give it another try. This place was very busy. There was some kind of convention downstairs that was VERY loud when I checked in in the evening, but they did quiet down by 10:00. I heard someone on a loudspeaker early the next morning (before 8:00) ...I assume it was the convention people. (I was on the 5th floor.) Check in was easy and the staff was professional. This hotel is all open to the center on every floor...you can look up and see all the hallways and room doors. The hotel plays some kind of canned music which I could hear from inside the room. However, some things were better than during my last visit. I was able to find a safe parking place this time. The room was again very clean. However there was a strange smell that may have been a cleaning product. If you are sensitive to smells, it would probably bother you. The bathroom has a pedestal sink which doesn't leave you much room for makeup, hair products, etc. There is a shelf near to set some things. The balconies still bother me. A person could easily crawl from one to the other. I didn't feel safe leaving the door open for some fresh air. The location was great...lots of shopping/restaurants/coffee places, etc. right across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
It is so great to hear that you came back and gave us another chance after being disappointed with your last stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! Hopefully we were able to meet your expectations this time as we take great pride in the service we provide our guests. We hope to continue to welcome you back to the hotel whenever you are in the area! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you ever need anything during and/or prior to your stay with us!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a quick overnight for an event that was next door at the Double Tree hotel. The interior of the Holiday Inn is just as nice as the Double Tree (the exterior of BOTH hotels is very outdated however...), and was about $50 per night cheaper. Clearly the interior of the Holiday Inn has been updated. The room decor was really nice (love the blue/black interior colors) and the room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable but the pillows were small and squishy.

The hotel is a bit noisy because of the layout with the entrance to all guest rooms facing an open interior space. There was a conference for a "recovery group" on the lower level and they were quite loud and it made the whole hotel smell like smoke, even though the property is non-smoking. This group had very loud hard acid rock music playing at about 11pm and it was surprising that the hotel allowed it. That is the only reason I am giving this hotel a 4 instead of a 5.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pmcolorado
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! We truly appreciate your business as well as your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with us due to the volume of music we had from an event going on in-house. We always try our best to accommodate all of our guests, but sometimes with an atrium setting it can be a little more difficult. I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team and we hope to see you again in the near future!