“Pretty Good, But Rent Your Own Car”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #58 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for a conference that had contracted to shuttle us to and from the hotel. There seemed to be no real plan for the drivers and each day it seemed they were scraping our transportation together at the last minute. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable and the food was hot and fresh, if not inspired. The toilet in my room ran non-stop which I didn't bother to report--too tired to make it worth the effort.

• Stayed: November 2012
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything went during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! We truly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. I apologize that your expectations were not met due to some kinks in our hotel's complimentary shuttle service; however, please know that there was some miscommunication between our staff and the group's contact, which lead to several issues regarding transportation. We tried our best to accommodate everyone to the best of our ability, but with 180 people needing shuttle service, it was a little more difficult then we had expected or been made aware of. We hope you understand this and look forward to seeing you again the near future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We made a reservation last minute. Alyssa at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating. They got us checked in and settled quickly. The room was clean and the sleep number beds were so comfortable!

Room Tip: Room facing west provides an excellent view of the city and mountains!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C C
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the friendly and accommodating nature of our Front Desk Supervisor, Alyssa Viola. She is such a great asset to our team and I'm so pleased to hear that she was able to impact your stay with us! I will certainly pass along your comments our entire team, including Alyssa, as well as your mention of the cleanliness of your room and being able to find comfort in our Sleep Number beds! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Front Office Manager Amber was so accommodating when I called needing reservations at the last minute. At check in I was welcomed with a smile by Sarah. Like Amber, she was so courteous and attentive to my requests. During my check in I was able to meet Amber in person. Both her and Sarah truly made me feel welcomed. I appreciated their kindness and compassion. I could feel that they truly cared about me as a guest of the hotel. The room was clean, spacious, quiet, and all around lovely.... the bed is amazing. I also enjoyed the balcony, and the large HD TV.

I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Amber and Sarah, thank you for going above and beyond for me prior to, and during my stay. I will never forget your efforts! I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Libfet
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Ms. Fete,

Wow! Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I'm so pleased to hear that Sarah and myself were able to accommodate your 'last minute' needs! We take great pride in our work, so we appreciate you taking the time to recognize our passion and drive for the industry! If there is anything you need in the future, please do not hesitate to contact either one of us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was booked on the last flight out of Denver on a Sunday night to Durango, Co. and it was cancelled due to no crew available. United placed at least 60-70 of us passengers in various hotels around the airport. Not knowing where I would be, I took what they offered and was appreciating the fact they did that and gave us food vouchers and free shuttle service to and from the hotels. The only drawback was the shuttle service took over 50 minutes to pick us up on Island 3 on the East side of the Airport. There were 5 of us in that group and we were all pretty tired after a full day of traveling and now it's pressing midnight. The hotel provided the shuttle service, it was very late at night, so benefit of the doubt and allowance was given for that. We all boarded and arrived and the check in was quick, efficient and they even provided to us with no luggage, an emergency kit with toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, doedorant, razor and shave cream. The Room was clean and the bed was inviting for a weary traveler. It was a sleep number bed which I thought was an interesting way to test drive an expensive mattress before you buy! The room was quiet and the Large Flat screen was nice. The front desk clerk(I wish I could remember the name) was awesome. He was very kind and attentive. Made for a pleasant ending to a not so pleasant night! Travel stay was on October 7, 2012 if that helps mgmt. figure out who he was. He gets an atta boy! I would choose this hotel even on a regular stay and not being bumped or cancelled from a flight out. Didn't get to sample the restaurants breakfast as we had to depart again at 6:00 am to catch our flight out-maybe next time.

Room Tip: My room was on the end of the hall next to stairwell and not facing the open atrium. That may have...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hokte1964
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I will certainly let AJ, our full-time night auditor, know that you appreciated his kindness and that he was able to make your evening a little bit better after having a not so pleasant evening due to your flight being cancelled. We understand how frustrating that can be. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you come to Denver, but until then, please take care!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I checked Tripadvisor for a good Denver hotel and this one ranked very high. However, the room was a dissapointment, the toilet ran all night and the AC unit was very noisy which made
it hard to sleep. I was told I would be credited on my price and still haven't been. I then went to my car and found that it had been broken in to. I talked to the lady at the front desk and all they could do was contact the police which I had to drive to and give me a number to a glass
company. Needless to say I will never go back. If you stay you better park in the front because
they don't have any camera's in the back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rich587
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Unfortunately, the hotel cannot be held liable for any property damage, which is stated on several signs throughout and around the building. Hopefully, however, our front desk team was able to guide you in the right direction in order to accommodate your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly at 303-321-3500 as I'm unable to look up your reservation information per this review. I would be more then happy to discuss your reimbursement for the inconveniences you experienced. I look foward to speaking with you!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

i don't usually give hotel restaurants high marks, but the one here is tops. friendly staff, well prepared tasty food and a great atmosphere made this a great surprise.
the rooms are really nice.
would highly recommend this for business travel.
it is pretty far from DIA - definitely closer options if you are doing a layover, but if you come here you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Our Executive Chef and food and beverage team will be ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed our restaurant. We appreciate your comments on our friendly staff, well prepared and tasty food, and great atmosphere. Thank you for highly recommending our property to all business travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We chose Holiday Inn, Stapleton because we knew the location would meet our needs for access to the airport, IKEA (OK that's a fair old drive away) and handy access for feeding facilities.
We got a good price on Priceline.
Car parking space was plentiful and there is a nice lobby. This hotel is designed where the upper level rooms look down into a big atrium. R809 has two large (and, sorry, not too comfortable) beds.
The room was clean and tidy. A big tear in the curtain sheers was an indicator that the place does need some refurbishment soon. Carpeting was also showing its age, but the downside was the very small bathroom with an 8 foot ceiling. Everything worked but the toilet flush handle was about 2 feet from the floor and above the cistern were glass shelves with potential for danger if you bent over the wrong way. And who actually designed the bath/shower grab handle which was fitted at the wrong end of the shower so that using it would mean stepping out on to the toilet bowl? That is pure bad design.
I did mean to take some pictures but forgot so dear GM - go there, try it, see what I mean and have the grab handle repositioned to help your older clients who are at risk of slipping while emerging from the shower.
For what we paid we got a good deal and one of us used the free airport shuttle as well.
Just one more minor thing. White wine (cost per bottle $6 max) at $10 per glass was substantially overpriced but then you don't have to buy it.
Recommended ? Yes.

Room Tip: Only had one room but ask how big the bathroom is Floor 8 seems to have low ceilings
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We're so pleased to hear that you chose our hotel based on its location. Having the complimentary airport shuttle as well as the hotel shuttle that goes within five miles of the property is definitely a plus for our guests. I'm glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it! I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's complimentary parking, beautiful lobby, and the cleanliness of your room. I will most certainly pass along your comments to our General Manager so he can further research the layout and design of the room you occupied during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!