“Nice place”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #60 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. Rooms are modern with large flat screen TVs, microwave and a mini-frig along with sleep number beds in certain rooms. The bathroom was clean and well lit and the hot water for the shower is preset, if you want hotter you can not get it. All in all the room was nice. The front desk staff and house keeping were very professional, pleasant and efficient. The business center is small with two computers but free internet access and printer for no charge. The hotel are provides wireless internet in the rooms which was very convenient. There is not much to do around the hotel but it is a short car ride to downtown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our property. We certainly appreciate your recognition of our complimentary amenities as well as the professionalism and efficiency of both our front desk and housekeeping departments. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel over the past 2 years. The atrium is huge and decorated nicely but the rooms are tiny. Two adults per room is one too many. However, they are well appointed with modern fixtures and the 40+ inch TV is a plus. Staff was always a pleasure to deal with on each of my visits.

My recent stay wasn't nearly as enjoyable as past visits. My room was located two floors above the front desk and the desk phone could be clearly heard from my room. I have a new found respect for the desk clerks as their phone never seems to stop ringing. This made for some challenging nights sleep. In addition to the constant ring of the phone, the maid service for my room was less than desireable. My bed was made and fresh towels were placed in the bathroom each day however, my trash wasn't emptied in 3 days, the desk wasn't wiped my entire stay, and the same crumbs that were on the floor of the room when I arrived were still there when I departed.

I'm sure glad the bed had plenty of blankets because the room heater was inoperative. The thermostat read "error" my entire stay and the unit simply didn't work. This made my room quite chilly but I really didn't mind because I was gone most of the day. I never made a service request to have it looked at and it obvioulsy wasn't important to the maid either as it was never fixed during my stay.

Will I stay again? Yea, I'll probably give them another shot. The location is great, staff is friendly, and I'm confident my last stay was just a fluke.

Room Tip: Request an upper level room, above the 4th floor, opposite the lobby desk side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TakeMeHome2
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. I sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met in terms of your housekeeping service being undesirable, the telephone from the front desk disturbing you throughout the evening, and your thermostat not working properly. I will make sure to pass these comments along to our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer. Your comfort is extremely important to us, so please bring these issues to our attention in the future! We forward to welcoming you back, but until then, take care!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We got to the hotel a bit late. There was a small group of women (sexist comment?) in front of us (traveling together?) that needed a lot of TLC, lost/misplaced reservations, credit cards, ID's, kids running free.. etc. The lone desk person went beyond the call of duty and gave each one outstanding service.. which ended up taking quite a while. We waited patiently, hoping he had someone to call for a hand. Apparently, he did not. After a while we were in our really nice, very clean, comfortable room, great bed, large screen tv.. and all is well. Know that "stuff" happens, but, for such a large beautiful major name hotel to be caught short-staffed seems strange and I'm sure is not normal.

Room Tip: get a high floor room, toward the south or west, for a great city lights, mountain view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We certainly appreciate your feedback as well as your business! I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while checking in with us at the hotel. We do schedule appropriately according to our business levels, but unfortunately, it's difficult to predict an increase in business due to unforeseen circumstances at the airport. We can receive anywhere from 20 to 100 guests from cancelled or delayed flights on any given night without an appropriate warning. I am so pleased to hear, however, that despite this increase in reservations, our staff was able to go above and beyond for our guests and provide outstanding service. Again, I apologize for the time you had to wait, but truly appreciate your patience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was surprised! The hotel interior is modern and well decorated. Rooms are clean and have a big flat screen TV. Mattress has this pillow-top system that inflates and makes bed much softer. But I didn't like pillows that much. Location is perfect! Stapleton is a very fast growing area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future! We're glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoy our location and please feel free to request different pillows the next time you stay with us. Your comfort is extremely important to us!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn multiple times and am so impressed with everything every time I stay here. The entire staff knows how to treat their customers. One in particular, Annalesha, goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. Look forward to staying at this location again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Andrew,

We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! Your feedback is extremely important to us as we take great pride in what we do. I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team, including Annalesha. She will be excited to hear that she has made an impact on your experience at the hotel as a valued guest! We look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the near future, but until then, please take care!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

My stay at this location has always been a great experience. My make trips to this area once every 2-3 months. I always stay at this location because of their breakfast service, comfortable beds, and front desk help. The one thing that I would add at this location would be a business card drop off bowl. Other locations that I stay at have such a thing, and every once in a while your name gets drawn for an additional 1,000- to 5,000 priority pts.

I'm planning a trip back to this location in about 2 months, and I'm looking forward to staying at this location again. Hopefully I will see the business card bowl when I arrive. B Morris

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Mr. Morris,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We truly appreciate your business as well as your continued patronage to our property. I will certainly pass along your suggestion of a business card drawing to our General Manager. I LOVE the idea, especially since it came from one of our valued Priority Club members! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, but until then, take care!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Recent visit to this hotel and was quite surprised. It is a renovated older hotel from a different chain but they have done a nice job. Your GPS will locate it under the old name, I think it might have been a Radison, not sure. I arrived late, treated well by the desk staff and was surprised to find a great kitchen open and eager to take my food and drink order. Great staff at the bar and restaurant and a fun place overall. The option between drink tickets or breakfast tickets for frequent travelers/Priority Club members is genius. Sometimes you want a drink, sometimes breakfast is preferred but having the choice was great. The letter from Maurice the Business Sales Manager was a nice touch and I appreciated his concerns for my stay. I have now stayed at every Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Select and Holiday Inn Express in the Denver area and will stay here from now on. They were installing the new 42 inch TV's while I was there and the rooms were nice too. I had two good meals at the bar and a pretty good breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that faces away from the road out front if you are a light sleeper. If you...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Redland
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

We appreciate your loyalty and business as a Priority Club Member to our property! We also want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We take great pride in our work, so it is always nice to hear when we are doing a good job! Please know that I will pass along your comments to our entire team! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!