“Average,but,rather noisy”

Ranked #114 of 157 Hotels in Denver
South Lebanon, Ohio
“Average,but,rather noisy”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

pros:
excellent location
the room was reasonably priced
allows pets at no extra charge

cons:
the front desk person has absolutely no personality
people slamming car doors at wee hours of the night ,keeping me awake
I just didn't feel comfortable at all

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Wow, what can I say? Well, my wife, son, and I booked a night at this Motel 6 for just one night. I really didn't expect much considering this is a Motel 6, but they managed to disappoint me. The two clerks were in a pissy fit with each other while I was checking in. The room was dirty. The bathroom door would not latch. The AC was noisy and barely functioned. I could see light through the door, and yes, it was closed. The boxsprings both were full of stains. The mattresses were beyond worn out. My wife didn't sleep a wink because she was "afraid of what was going on in around the room." We both didn't want to step barefoot on the carpet because if the mattresses were that dirty and worn, only the Lord knows how nasty the carpets were. I spotted several bugs in the room, however, that could just be because all rooms have exterior doors. The room next to us had three large dogs inside....walls certainly are not thick. The indoor pool looked nasty; we didn't swim. Oh...and yeah, the curtains were full of holes. All-in-all a gross and nasty place. We basically checked in and drive away to spend time elsewhere until bed time. I'm so disappointed I'm not sure I ever want to stay in a Motel 6 again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank geh7777

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Not much to say about our stay. It was a Motel 6 just as most of them are, however this was deffo just an average place...We just wanted a clean bed close to Denver down town, and that was what we got, but the room was kinda lousy with a really bad tv. And in the morning there were lots of noise outside, probably the cleaners, but that was a bit disturbing..Stay here if you just don't care about anything but a bed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Studio City, California
Reviewed August 7, 2009

When I checked in I asked about internet access, and was told that there would be internet access in my room. I asked if there was a fee, and the clerk said no. When I tried to log on, no internet. I went down to the front desk and stood for 20 minutes in a non-moving line to ask about the problem (one check-in clerk). Gave up, returned to my room, called the front desk and was told that I would have to come to the front desk and pay for an internet access code. I told the clerk I'd already stood in line, and he said "You''ll just have to stand in line again." Also my credit card was overcharged from the confirmed rate, but I was informed that I would have to speak to the day staff to resolve the issue. I frequently stay at Motel 6, and can tell you that this is one of the worst.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Tubbytoast
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2009

My in-laws stayed here for a week while visiting us, this hotel was the closest to our house with a reasonable weekly rate. The room was as expected small and pretty bare bones, but reasonably clean and comfortable. At check in they said since we were getting the weekly rate housekeeping would only come 2x per week so they had to go to the front desk for clean towels (not a big deal) but in a week, housekeeping never did come to clean or change the linens. They went to the front desk to tell them and the staff offered to let them borrow a vacuum! All in all if you just want a place to sleep and aren't going to spend a ton of time in the room, the location is great. Pool was nice as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed May 20, 2009

good location near interstate, nice rooms, but a bit old, friendly staff, just aside burger king what is good for breakfast, nice Rocky Mountain Lake on the other side of the interstate.

Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Total Filth and dangerous electrical hazzards. Not enough outlets to charge cell phones, laptop or use hair dryer or iron.

• Liked — check in was fantastic and very friendly staff
  • Disliked — room accomodations
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shelbymae31