“Fantastic Staff and Great Sleep”

Denver Marriott City Center
Ranked #45 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fantastic Staff and Great Sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed for a week on a business trip. The staff at this hotel were fantastic! Every single person I encountered was great! I attended a conference in the hotel and that was also run very well. The bar area is a great size for meeting people, eating or conversations. There were plenty of places to sit down. It was very inviting.

I was lucky enough to be on the consierge level. Free breakfast, snacks and dessert - what more could I ask for.

The room had a GREAT bed! One of the best beds I've slept in in a hotel. The bathroom was a little small, but otherwise it was a great room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay and that our bar, concierge level, and guest beds added to your great experience. We are very pleased to know that our hotel staff was fantastic, as we strive for the best in our guest services. We appreciate the time you took to write this review and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Lovely staff, great location, nice facilities but my room really wasn't cleaned properly. I stepped on litter left behind from the previous tenant. The toilet bowl was not properly cleaned. Cleaning staff need to be taught to check the entirety. It's distasteful to even have to bring it up but it happened. Ok, if the cleaning staff had a hectic day and sped through my room, I can understand. However, I also saw the 'longer term grime' and ongoing inattention to detail. Vents and skirting very dusty. Shower head cover coming loose etc. I think management should really do some serious retraining of their cleaning staff. If it weren't for this it would have been a 4 star but I think that cleanliness is so fundamental that I brought it down to two. Sorry guys.

• Stayed May 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very happy to hear that the staff, location, and facilities exceeded your expectations. However, we are sincerely sorry that your room was not cleaned in accordance with our high Marriott standards. We are very concerned about this experience and will use your comments to ensure that this does not happen again. Your feedback is a priceless tool in helping us to maintain and improve our guest experience. Thank you for joining us on your recent trip and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a much improved experience!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Marriott Denver enjoys a really good central location but with that comes the downtown noise. Front desk and hospitality staff were all cheerful and efficient. Room service was poor, food was substandard and cold. Room was clean and comfortable in a modern decor. Starbucks in the lobby was a convenient touch.

Room Tip: Higher floor, less noise
Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Your feedback is a priceless tool in helping us to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location, Starbucks, and cheerful and efficient staff. We take great pride in our guest services. However, we apologize that you did not receive the exceptional room service and dining experience that we strive for. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience from start to finish, and will use your comments to help direct us toward that goal. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Beautiful hotel in very convenient, downtown Denver location. I don't recall meeting an employee in the hotel that did not smile and greet us. Great place for our dance convention. We stay at several hotels throughout the year and this rates towards the best! The buffet breakfast was well worth the price as well! Thank you for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of the Denver Marriott City Center! We are thrilled to hear that you experienced exceptional customer service throughout your stay, as we strive for the best in our guest services. We appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast as well. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Celebration, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown denver, just a few minutes walk from the statehouse, Coors Field, and all the shoppiing and dining Denver has to offer. The front desk agent was very kind and efficient; I had arrived relatively early and she had a room ready which was most appreciated! I was in town for a wedding and that evening had one of my buddies staying with me; we had a few drinks at the bar on the floor in between the convention center space and the main lobby. The bartender was kind enough to change the TV to our game (which is always appreciated!) and gave us some suggestions for local bars to visit. The starbucks on the lobby floor was fast and efficient and overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of the Denver Marriott City Center! We appreciate your positive feedback on our location, the Starbucks in the lobby, and our friendly and efficient staff. We take pride in our guest services and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your overall experience. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to Denver.
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here in April for a series of business meetings and was very comfortable during my stay for several reasons;

1) Upon arrival I was checked in efficiently and cheerfully and was provided an upgrade, even though I hadn't requested one.

2) My room, a corner room, was immaculate, with everything in perfect condition and nicely sound proofed..

3) The hotel is conveniently located to restaurants, stores and the 16th Street Mall.

4) The staff and the service found in this property is excellent.

In addition to Starbucks the hotel also is connected to a well stocked convenience store in the adjacent office tower. This store has just about anything you could want, you never have to go outside, and everything is reasonably priced.

The on site restaurant, Ally's, was inexpensive and the service good but the real surprise was room service. After a long day I was too tired to go off hotel and didn't feel like eating in the restaurant. After reviewing the room service menu I decided that the rib eye steak would be a safe bet.

I am so glad I picked the rib eye. Not only was it incredibly delicious it was also a barrel cut rib eye, something that I've rarely seen in any steakhouse but never on a room service menu. Cut like a filet mignon it was so good that I told my business associates about it and convinced them to try it themselves. The four of us went to the hotel bar the next night, ordered the same and we all loved it.

The fact is that I'd stay here again just to have the barrel cut rib eye. If you are looking for a nice, clean, quiet hotel with a great staff, good service and an exceptional steak while visiting Denver, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If it's available ask for a corner room on a higher floor.
Green Features: My thoughts are pretty simple - I don't get fresh towels at home daily, nor do I get fresh sheets so when I check in I advise the hotel that I don't need housekeeping service for my entire stay. I mean really, do you change your towels and sheets daily, much less every three day?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We are so pleased to know that you have enjoyed your experience at the Denver Marriott City Center! Thank you for your positive feedback on everything from our efficient check-in to our location. We strive for the best in our guest services and we are so happy to know that you experienced excellent service throughout your stay. It is great to know that you enjoyed the steak as well. Thank you for taking the time to share a review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future, should your travels bring you back to Denver.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had a great time in Denver and staying at the Denver Marriott City Centre added to the great experience. It is very central and walking distance to shopping and city attractions.

Rooms were very clean and the service is second to none!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing unparalleled customer service, so we are very happy to hear that our team was able to contribute to your wonderful experience. Thank you for the positive comments on our rooms and location. We hope to have the opportunity to host you on your next trip to Denver.