“Quiet and relaxing”

Ranked #42 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Wheatland
“Quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was quiet and relaxing. We stayed two nights. The only reason I did not give a five was its lobby was being renovated and the temporary entry was less than inviting at the time. Also felt the parking was a bit expensive but I guess for being in the heart of downtown and just a couple blocks off the 16th street mall it would be that way for most hotels. Room was very clean and quiet. Bar a bit high priced for drinks compared to others around the area. Never did try the restaurant. Staff was very personable and polite. I would stay again if I was back in town.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your business and great comments about the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Enid, OK
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Pricey, but if you are staying in the area you expect this.
Walking distance to the 16th Street Mall, even in the cold. Also, public transport right across the street.
Valets were helpful and friendly, and very prompt in my experience. Use their text function. Very handy.
Breakfast at Alle's downstairs was ridiculously overpriced, but passable. Lunch, also overpriced, was fair. There are so many options nearby the in-house restaurant should be one of your last resorts.
I've stayed here twice and had excellent rooms each time. Downtown Denver is loud. The trams, the sirens, the people, the cars. This hotel is not silent, but it is comfortable - and convenient.
Overall, nice place. Plenty expensive, but nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments as we appreciate your feedback. We are proud of the Downtown location the hotel has to offer and are glad you noticed the ease of getting to all the major attractions. With regards to the dining options within the hotel, we do have a brand-new Starbuck’s store that offers various hot and cold items under $10. The restaurant within the hotel is competitively priced compared to similar options you would find outside of the hotel. Plus our service is outstanding! Please come and try us again the next time you are in town and thank you for your business. Steve
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very clean, very comfortable. Room service was very good, location is excellent. Standard $13 for decent wifi. My one pet peeve was the thin walls. I could practically make out the conversation next door through my headboard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business! I’m happy to hear your stay with us was comfortable. Your comment about the hotel having thin walls is not consistent with what other guests have told us. I welcome you to come and try us again the next time you are staying in Downtown Denver. I’m confident you’ll have a more quiet room. Steve
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a Broncos game last evening. When we dropped our car off for the night, the friendly valet said to make sure we call ahead and give the valet 10 minutes to go get our car. This morning we called ahead about 15-20 (what the valet ticket actually said) before we needed to leave and the girl on the phone said it was going to be 30 mins. This was already an inconvenience, as we had to head up the mountain to go to work. The woman at the front desk asked me how everything was, and I said all was pretty good except that we had to wait so long for our car. She got very quiet and didn't acknowledge my comment. My husband went back to her 15 mins later to complain and she said there was no manager for us to talk to. We offered to go get our own car since we really needed to leave and she said no, we don't know where the garage is. We stood there and waited 50 minutes for our car to be available! We watched one poor valet run around and get yelled at and a less than mediocre front desk staff completely ignore the 20 or so super pissed guests sitting up front waiting for their cars. And yes, we were late for work, so thank you Marriott. If you're going to convince people to utilize your own over priced parking then you should provide adequate service. Terrible organization.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your candid comments! The standard wait for a car is 10-15 minutes so I’m curious to know why it took our staff that long to deliver your vehicle. Perhaps with it being a Monday there was a rush of guests all leaving at once and we were not prepared adequately. We are conducting ongoing training for our staff at the front desk to ensure we are taking care of all of our customers “Brilliantly!” The next time you are in town, we’d love to opportunity to show you a better experience. Steve
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Denver Marriott City Centre is a great hotel. I stayed there in October, 2013, as I was attending a conference being held in the hotel. When I checked in, there weren't any conference rooms left, so they accommodated me on another floor. Although I wasn't on the same floor as the other conference attendees, I was upgraded to a larger room during my stay. Sweet!! My room was huge, clean, tidy and had a great view of the city.

The hotel is a little busy, and if you don't like that, this hotel is not for you. It's very close all restaurants and shopping, and has a Starbucks in the lobby. That was a bonus for me.

The conference center was nice, and the food served was fabulous. There always seemed to be something to nibble on or drink, in between meals, and there was lots of choice for everyone.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, if I'm ever in Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We would love to have you back! Thank you for your comments. Steve
UK
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days attending a convention in the conv centre
The hotel is a good standard but nothing special
Rooms clean and comfortable though dated
Rates are quite high but it is city centre and very busy
Breakfast very good
Staff were very friendly and helpfully
Situated just 1 block from pedestrian 16th st mall, I was pleased with location and good range of food in the area.
52$ standard taxi fare from airport

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent comment. It's always great to hear from our customers. We are proud of our hotel and are happy you found our staff service to be friendly and helpful. We have great food options in the hotel as well as outside of our building so I'm thrilled you were able to experience it. Come back and see us soon! Steve
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our friend chose this hotel as the host hotel for their wedding weekend. From booking to payment we had a HORRIBLE experience. When booking online their system was down so we were required to call in. At check in, we were supposed to have 1 room with a King Bed and 1 room bed w/2 doubles. Both rooms had King Beds. It took over 30 minutes for valet to get our car from the parking garage causing the bride and groom to be late for their wedding rehearsal. When trying to print a speech for the wedding the business center did not have any working printers, we were required to go to the front desk after being charged $7.95 for 15min of internet. The day we checked out we called for a bellman to come help with our bags, after waiting 30 minutes we had one of our friends help us. When we checked our bank statement we had been charged double the amount due. My husband and I both work in the hospitality industry. My husband actually works for a Ritz Carlton so we expected a lot more from another Marriott property. The rooms are decent but the customer service is absolutely horrible. We encountered one friendly and helpful employee, that was Sarah at the front desk. She helped us with the room mix up and got us into a room with two double beds quickly. We will not be going back to this property and would NOT recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry your time at the hotel did not meet expectations. This is not typical service you would find at the hotel so I'm curious to know more about it. Please send me an e-mail so that I can contact you or your husband directly at steve.aronson@marriott.com.