“Great Downtown Denver Location”

Hilton Denver City Center
Ranked #46 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel few times on my business trip to Denver area. I love the location of this hotel. It is very close to 16th Street Mall and a lot of nice places to eat. Parking can be a problem, however I found a location one block from the Marriott on California street where you can park for $5 overnight. Rooms are nice (similar to any other marriott) and staff is very professional. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Hilton Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

We love hearing your great feedbck. Please come stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed at the Denver Marriott City Center for work, and I could not have been more pleased. The hotel is located in the heart of Denver, and a short walk to almost any location. The room was comfortable and the conference site was ok. My only complaint was the conference wifi, supplied by the hotel was spotty at best. Made it difficult to get work done.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Hilton Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback. Since your stay the hotel invested over $200,000 in network upgrades which fixes the internet problem you experienced. I hope you come see us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Although this is a good central downtown Denver hotel location, I was a little disappointed at the rooms - especially the bathrooms, which were small and tired. The room was adequate size, but just felt a little dated - curtains, wallpaper, carpet, etc. Also, the AC/Heat was just OK - and it was cold one night (and I could feel it in the room). That said, the electronics were recently updated as there were adequate plugs and connections for various gear. The bed and linens were pretty good - although not quite the quality I would have expected for the style and price. In the end, to be honest, I wouldn't necessarily recommend the hotel unless you had a nearby meeting.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Hilton Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We are in the process of updating our lobby which will be completed in early March. We have other plans to update the hotel later in the year so I would encourage you to come back and see us again. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I got to the hotel at 5 pm, thinking i have a reservation. I did not. Yes, it was my mistake. I recall making a reservation but never got a confirmation email. Which to the hotel means no reservation. So they refuse to give me a room and are even not very helpful to find a room in a nearby hotel. First, for a platinum privileges member, who stays 100 nights or more at your hotels, this is the treatment. Dread to think what it means for coach class equivalent. Second, I had 10 or more colleagues staying at this hotel from my bank (all attending a conference). Third, I stand there for 45 min while they "look" for my reservation, and then go find a Westin on my own. So after about an hour, the front desk tells me "we are looking for another hotel for you".

What SHOULD they have done? It takes 5 main to establish I don't have a reservation. Another 10 may be to find me a room at another hotel. Much better than hanging around and stressing! Even if they truly cannot give me a room themselves - which itself is questionable. From friends in the hotel industry, I hear they ALWAYS have rooms for their most valued guests. Guess platinum privileges does not meet the bar, or it's simply the staff at this hotel is not adequately trained.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chicago_visitor1
Steve A, Director of Sales at Hilton Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your candid response and will strive to meet your expectations the next time you are in Denver. As a Marriott Platnium member, you are truly our best customer and deserved better service than what you are explaining. From the front desk perspective, your convention had sold-out the entire Downtown and at times gaining availability can be difficult. Please come and see us again the next time you are in town and I promise we'll change your mind about us. Steve

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is ideally located for nightlife in the city. Convenient to walk to most major companies situated in downtown, so no need for a car. Staff was there just as I entered the lobby and proceeded to check me in as we crossed the floor. They were quick and very courteous and got me on my way with a smile. You felt welcome, as would be expected of a Marriott. My company's office is on the block, therefore it is perfect for walking across the quad to work in the morning and dropping my computer off in the evening. The breakfast in the concierge lounge is good for morning start.

Room Tip: AC is a bit loud, so turning it off at night remedies the situation.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location for Business or Pleasure, Five blocks to Convention Center, two blocks from free transportation on the 16th Street shopping area. Right in the middle of some fantastic restaurants. Concierge Lounge is great with breakfast, drinks and appetizers for the business traveler.

Room Tip: High floors are the best with a view of the mountains. Concierge level 15-16-17-18.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you are paying with your own money, use a discount website or $52.80 deal. This can be a very pricy hotel (~$580 rack rate). No free breakfast, but an excellent gym and indoor pool. Nice bar in lower lobby, great views from upper floors. rooms are nice, however small. bed is outstanding. Great location.

Room Tip: upper floors have excellent views. Being an Elite member helps get you a good room and the Elite lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple