“Not up to snuff”

Ranked #37 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was a bit disappointed in the room here. It looked and felt worn out. The furnishings as well as the bed. My expectations were a lot higher from this chain. I also was disappointed that after giving them my Hyatt gold passport that I did not receive credit for my 3 day stay and now have to go through the process of reporting points not credited.

All in all my stay did not provide me with the comfort needed for an intense business trip.

Room Tip: Look at other chains as there are many to choose from at the Tech center area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

To our guest from North Carolina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. My apologies for not providing you the level of service and facilities you were expecting and certainly should have received. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members for additional review and follow up, especially regarding your gold passport concerns.

Again, thank you.

Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Weekends are a bargain here. As this location caters to weekday businessmen, it is virtually deserted on weekends. Thus, rooms are about as cheap as you could expect for a high quality property like this. Very quiet, pool and facilities underutilized, general relaxed environment. About 1/3 what the downtown location charges for the same Saturday night. Great brunch in their attractive 2nd floor restaurant. we will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

To our guest from Ft. Collins,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for allowing us to be of service while visiting. We know that you have a choice as to where you stay and we very much appreciate your business.

We’re glad that you found great value in your stay and that it was relaxing. I’ll look forward to sharing your feedback with our team including your thoughts on your brunch. Glad you enjoyed!

Please let us know if we can be of assistance for future visits. We’ll look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here on business for a week. It is a business hotel, but they work really hard to make your stay nice. The good: rooms are large, fitness room is great, in room dining is fantastic, free covered parking, the staff is exceptional, coffee shop in the lobby is actually good with someone that remembers you from day-to-day. The not so good: the rooms have no overhead lights so when arriving in the dark you have to stumble around to find the teeny tiny switches on the lamps; they have this great program where you can borrow stuff - borrowed a yoga mat, which they said they would leave outside the door, but the person came in my room...while I was taking a shower. All said, I would still stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

To our guest from the United Kingdom,

Thank you for the thorough overview. This level of feedback is greatly appreciated as it always allows us to address areas as needed. My sincere apologies for the yoga mat delivery.

I also appreciate your feedback on the lighting. We will definitely share this is the appropriate individuals that hopefully will allow us to address during future renovations.

We will look forward to sharing your comments regarding our staff. The entire team will value knowing that they contributed to your stay.

Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance for future travels to our area. In the meantime…safe travels!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel at the Denver Tech Center because we had a free night with Hyatt's Gold Passport program. Even though it was 20 minutes from our professional meeting, it was worth the drive. We were upgraded to a King Executive suite, which turned out to be one of the largest rooms in the property. The room was quite spacious (although not a true suite, with separate sleeping and living areas), with curving window walls that had a reasonably nice view of the Rockies. Although there were guests in rooms adjacent, we were not bothered by noise at all. The bed was extremely comfortable, and all needed amenities were there. Internet access was fast and reliable. It would have been nice to stay there longer (not too many hotels I would say that about!) About the only complaint was that the front desk staff seemed aloof and not customer service-oriented.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a King Executive suite on the 9th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalamariverrat

To our guests from Oregon,

I am pleased to see that overall, you enjoyed your visit and we thank you for allowing us to be of service!

We’ll look forward to sharing your experience with our team members and will also share your comments regarding our front desk staff. It is always a priority of ours that we work to instill in our guests a sense of belonging from the moment they arrive to the time of departure. Your feedback will allow us to share with the appropriate team members for additional follow up.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us even though we might not have been the most convenient location. It will be our goal to continue to work to earn your loyalty and hopefully offset any difference in distance by creating through our service and facilities your “home away from home”!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The only thing about this property worth noting is the pool and fitness area. Very nice pool for lap swimming and good fitness area with cardio equiptment. The rooms are average and very small bathrooms. Make sure you need to stay in the Tech Center if booking this property. DO NOT stay here if you need to be downtown.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

To our guests from Omaha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and fitness area during your visit and we appreciate your additional comments regarding our rooms. We do have a number of different floor plans with various sized bedrooms and bathrooms.

We hope to be of service should your travels return you to the greater Denver area in the future. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed there with my daughter for the "White Rose Gala" on New Years Eve. Check in was quick and all staff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful, clean rooms. We had some snacks in house and except for the "soft" pretzels (pretty hard), everything tasted good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

To our guest from Denver,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the “White Rose Gala”. We’re certainly glad to see that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back when time allows.

Thank you for your feedback on the pretzels. This will be shared with our culinary and service team as they should arrive as described.

Thank you again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We checked into the hotel on December 12 and checked out on December 18. Upon checking in I was made aware there would be a $100 pet fee but was not made aware of a potential cleaning fee. We had stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past several years during out visits to Denver and this was fairly new fee. I have no objections to paying extra for my pet and agreed to this charge. When we check out there was again no mention of a $100 pet cleaning fee. Upon review of my credit card account, I discovered a charge for $214 (including taxes). I called the hotel and questioned this charge which was significantly higher than what I anticipated. The front desk clerk indicated it was the pet fee and a pet cleaning fee because there was damaged caused by my pet. I indicated there was absolutely no damage when I checked out and she indicated she would remove the additional charge. Matter resolved. Not so. Shortly after, I received an email indicating there was damage and they would be charging the pet cleaning fee. I disputed again via email this time and receive an immediate response indicating they had pictures of the damage. I didn't even bother asking to see the pictures because the fact is, it just didn't happen. My pet is a 10lb dog we keep in a cage. We are very careful with our pet while traveling and take extra steps to insure we leave any hotel room as it was found. I disputed the extra charge with the hotel yet again and they refused to reduce the bill. There simply was no damage done by my pet. I am disputing the charge through my credit card company so we will see how that turns out.

Incidentally, we had to change rooms 2 nights into our stay because there was a room of unchaperoned children running down the halls and screaming until late in the evening. When we made the move, I accidentally left by new phone charger. When I realized this less than 8 hours later, I called the housekeeping department's lost and found number and left a message. I never heard back from them and had to follow up with the front desk 2 times. The staff was pretty unconcerned about this and all but shrugged their shoulders with a to-bad-that-happened attitude.

It is a nice hotel but there are a number of nice hotels in the DTC area that offer the same or better facilities, amenities and rooms at a comparable rates. Hyatt is a 4 star hotel but that doesn't mean much anymore. Other hotels offer the same and could easily carry the same rating. If you travel with pets, think again. They say they are pet friendly but their fees are higher than the norm and they are pretty underhanded about additional charges. Oh and if you leave something in the room just kiss it good bye.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

To our guests from Denver,

Thank you for your very thorough account of your stay. We greatly appreciate your comments and will definitely be reviewing the circumstances of your pet fees. I hope that we are able to touch base to understand the specifics regarding your pet fees as it relates to any additional damages reported.

In addition, we will be following up with your phone charger comment and will be happy to return the item if found. I assure you there can never be an excuse for not returning your phone calls and we’ll be addressing the appropriate department accordingly. We manage literally hundreds of lost and found items, log them, store them, and hope to hear from the owner so that the item(s) may be returned. Certainly a response to a voicemail message must be followed up with to allow this process to work properly.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused and hope that we may be able to be of service in the future.

Thank you again for your time. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to review and hopefully resolve.

Kind Regards,