“Decent property, great place for business trip stays”

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Ranked #38 of 157 Hotels in Denver
fremont, ca
“Decent property, great place for business trip stays”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed for 4 days at this property while on a business trip to Denver. The hotel is located in the middle of the Tech Center and is ideal if you have work in the tech center area. My work was in down town Denver and so I had a commute of 13-14 miles each way. The commute can get a bit tedious during peak traffic and bad weather.
The hotel room was of a good size and had two double beds. The room had a broad window that did over look the tech center and had a view of the rocky mountains from a distance.
The room also had a flat screen tv and had the usual amenities for business travel stay. I had a free wifi access (which probably came free for all rooms not sure about it though) which was easy to use and provided enough bandwidth and speed to check and respond to emails via vpn.
The restaurant downstairs was quite nice. I ate breakfast there and dinner on one occasion there. The breakfast was a full service one with an omlette station and was quite good. The room rate did not include breakfast but included free parking for me. I believe parking is usually $10 per night there.
The checkin and check out was a breeze and the staff were nice and helpful all the time.
I believe there are number of places to eat outside close by. However I did not have the time to try them out.
There was also a pool and fitness center. I did not get to try both of them.
My only complaint about the stay was the refrigerator in the room was making a loud noise at night and woke me up on a few occasions at night.
I would recommend this place for business stay any time. However if you have work in downtown Denver then one will have to consider the commute.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
To our guest from Fremont,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We know how busy our guests are but I assure you everyone always values the feedback!

I’m glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit and I thank you for selecting us to host your visit while having to commute to and from downtown.

I appreciate the feedback on your refrigerator and will be certain to share these remarks with our housekeeping and maintenance staff members.

Again, thank you for your time and for your business! We do hope to see you again in the future.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during our visit to Denver. It is out of the centre a bit so visitors need a car, however, it's a really great place to stay. Good facilities, large comfortable rooms, interesting architecture. I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of our rooms, well worth staying there and with the money saved, hiring a car!

• Stayed October 2013
To our guest from London!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team members look forward to seeing comments, especially knowing if they assisted in helping to make a difference.

Glad to see that you found a great value by staying with us in the Denver Tech Center!

We do hope to see you again when your travels return you to the greater Denver area!

Sherman, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at the Hyatt tech center.
Small issues included a worn-out mattress and a cramped fitness room. Other than that I was satisfied with the cleanliness, service, and public areas. The parking was free during my stay. I did not try the restaurant. This is a nice place to stay if you have business in the Tech Center.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
To our guest from Texas,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share.

My apologies for your mattress experience. I’ll be certain to relay your comments to the appropriate team members.

We do hope to have another opportunity to be of service should you return to our area. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly should you need any assistance!

Best,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at this Hyatt for a conference in November 2013. The most important thing to note is that this hotel is NOT in Denver - it's a good 25 minutes south (with no traffic), and in very much a suburban/corporate area. Traffic is terrible in Denver, so just don't be under the illusion that you'll be spending much time in downtown Denver if staying here. All that being said, if you're here for a conference at the hotel, it's fantastic.

The hotel seems like it's absolutely brand new, but I was told by the staff that it has just been completely renovated. Everything is extremely modern, bright, tasteful and clean, and the friendliness and customer service level is wonderful. The check-in process was the fastest I have ever experienced, which after a day of travelling, I very much appreciate.

The king room was very nice, spacious, with a mini-fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV and nice desk area facing the mountain view where i was able to get plenty of work done. Bed and bedding were comfortable, and I particularly appreciated the feather pillows.

I didn't love having to park in a parking garage and then walk back to the hotel, which took up a bit of time every time I needed my car - but I understand that space restrictions probably necessitated this plan.

I also wasn't thrilled with the room service selections - I found lunch options to be particularly limited, and would have loved the chance to order a sandwich. We all know that room service food is extraordinarily expensive, but the portions here were so comically small (I received the smallest steak I've ever seen in my life) that the value for the money seemed poor. I did not dine at the restaurant, as it had the same high prices and limited options as the room service menu.

On the plus side, the indoor pool, hot tub and fitness area, all located in an atrium, were beautiful and really helped me to balance out the "work side" of this trip! The pool is one of the bigger hotel pools I've seen, and nice and warm, and the hot tub was lovely after a long day (although I'm still confused as to why the jets point UP instead of OUT - this made it very "splashy"). The fitness area was also one of the better ones I've seen at a hotel, and I was able to get my cardio (on the treadmill) in as well as weights (with both machines and free weights).

Overall, I was pleased with the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech - a sleek, modern hotel with comfortable rooms and great customer service. I would recommend it for any business travelers coming to the area for a conference.

Room Tip: I recommend an upper floor with a mountain view.
1 Thank YVR19
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
To our guest from Seattle,

Thank you for your thorough overview of your stay. We greatly appreciate your time and your feedback!

We’re glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offer.

I will share your comments regarding our room service options to our culinary team for review as well as your comments on our spa jets and have them reviewed.

Once again, thank you so very much for your time and for allowing us to be of service. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of service in assisting with future plans when you return to the greater Denver area.

Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2013

While staying at the Hyatt Regency, Denver Tech Center, in Denver CO (Oct 30-Nov 3, 2013), I had initiated a complaint against housekeeping for entering my room while I was in there and the do not disturb card was in the lock. I was not satisfied with the response and asked to have the hotel manager call me when I spoke to the Housekeeping Manager (Tammy?) on Monday or Tuesday.
On Saturday, I was working in my room. I had the DoNotDisturb card in my door, and the chain on the door. My door opened, and the chain caught it. I was angry and yelled that I had the DND in the door, and why were they entering. A short time later I double checked to make sure the card was still in the lock as there had been kids running up and down the hall multiple times. The card was still in the lock. I saw a card on the floor inside my door that mentioned something about my privacy. When I left to go to my banquet, I went down to the front desk to get an explanation about why this person would enter my room when I had the DoNotDisturb card in the lock. The person at the front desk said he would check with housekeeping and let me know. I had not heard anything so I stopped at the desk when I returned about 1030-11pm. He indicated that the housekeeping manager had spoke to the housekeeper who said she was not in my room, but that she left a card under the door because I had the privacy card in the lock. I reminded him that I was in the room at the time and that someone did in fact enter my room. The guy at the desk indicated if I wanted, I could request a lock interrogation check to see who entered. Obviously I wanted to know who was in my room. I received a call about midnight that indicated the housekeeper was in fact in my room. I told the guy I wanted to speak to the manager. The housekeeping manager called me and said she received the results, and confirmed that the person had told her she did not enter my room and was surprised that the report confirmed she in fact was in my room. She indicated someone would speak to the housekeeper about this the following day when she returned. The housekeeping manager called me back the next evening and said the housekeeper was off for the next four days, but that HR would probably contact her and have her come in.
I received a call I believe on Tuesday from the housekeeping manager who said HR called the housekeeper in and spoke to her. The results were that the housekeeper told them that she had in fact entered the room, that I indicated I wanted privacy, and so she left until a later time, and when she returned, saw the card in the door, and slid a card under the door.
When I reminded the housekeeping manager of the previous discussions that this person initially said she did NOT enter my room because of the card in the door, and it wasn't until the lock interrogation check was done that she finally admitted she was in there.
Tammy's response was that it was out of her hands and that HR had the file and they would probably have to keep an eye on her.
In my years as a police officer, I would never accept that response from the housekeeper, and would inquire further.
The housekeepers responses were not consistent, and were dishonest. I was shocked to hear that HR would "probably have to keep an eye on her",or that "it's out of my hands".
I guess I did not realize that if I was staying at a hotel such as the HYATT REGENCY, I would not be able to feel safe and secure in my room. Nor did I realize that when I read the postings around the room that state the hotel is not responsible for lost or stolen articles that it may actually be because of their own housekeeping crew.
I can assure you, it was very unsettling, and did not make for a decent night sleep my last night there.
If Hyatt is going to choose to employ people that are dishonest, and do not follow company policy about not entering guest rooms when they are clearly marked for privacy, I guess their standards are well below mine. And, if they choose to continue to employ people that provide inconsistent stories about entering someones room when they shouldn't be, their standards are well below mine.
The housekeeper entering my room was unacceptable. The end response by Hyatt Regency personnel when able to confirm she was not being honest, was unacceptable. Not getting a call from hotel manager, was unacceptable.
As a guest in the Hyatt Regency hotel, I should be able to expect that I will be just as safe in their hotel as I am in my own home.
Would the responses be different if this happened to the CEO of Hyatt?

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel that will work to ensure they have honest employees and will get rid of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise R
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
To our guest from Michigan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with regards to your room. My sincere apologies for the concerns regarding a staff member opening the door to your guestroom. Certainly safety and security are critical and we’ll continue to follow up with the appropriate staff members.

Again, thank you for providing a very detailed account. We will be addressing accordingly.

Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel with exceptional interactive gadgets and internet speeds. It was my send place to stay in Denver but the quality was incomparable. great customer care, clean spacious rooms, great interactive gadgets with exceptional connectivity speeds

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
To our valued guests from Casper!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll look forward to sharing your feedback with our team members.

We’re so glad to see that you enjoyed your visit and found our staff and facilities accommodating to your needs.

We do hope to have you visit in the future and extend any assistance if needed!

Safe Travels,

austin
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been travelling to the Denver Tech center often the last few months and this hotel is clearly the BEST option in the market. The other hotels are no where close to the quality and style of this hotel. ABSOLUTELY worth the small additional cost for real luxury in the Denver Tech Center

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
To our frequent guest from Austin,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. We’re pleased to see that you have enjoyed your visits and look forward to welcoming you back!

Please do not hesitate to let us know how we may be of assistance in future plans or if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Best,

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!