“Nice rooms & central to everything”

Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown
Ranked #11 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friends and I also stayed here for the Thirty One Gifts conference. The room was clean and roomy enough for 4. A little more drawer space would have been nice. The convention center is a 3 block walk. 16th Street just a block and a half away with everything you could need.
The only negative was our shower had a sewer odor coming out of the drain that lingered.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We only spent one evening here en route to the mountains after flying into Denver but it was enjoyable. The rooms are updated with modern decor and very clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The pool area was nice as well. The location is great - possible to walk to many shops and restaurants. I would stay here again when in the Denver area.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've had the opportunity of traveling a good bit around and this is by far my favorite all-around hotel. Even been than the Ritz Carlton and other fancier hotels. I was there for work and didn't make my own reservations. When I was checking in they had 2 double beds, but I asked if I could get a king. They said certainly but none were ready at the moment (I was there early). They asked if they could just call me when it was ready. I said sure as I was going to explore anyway. I think they called within 20 minutes that a room was ready for me. When I got to my room, I notice I had a great view of the mountains. Then I started to notice all the the unique things about the room. There are motion activated lights under the floating bedside tables. This is awesome in the middle of the middle of the night. No need to turn on a bright light. There was also motion activated nightlight in the bathroom as well. I loved the sliding barn-door for the bathroom door. The bed was incredible. It was one of the best beds I've ever slept on. The room was immaculate. I only ate breakfast in their restaurant once and it was very good and reasonably priced. The location of the hotel was also perfect. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. If i ever go back to Denver. I will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at the Grand Denver in Denver as part of a business conference. The staff was very helpful. The rooms are large, clean, and well configured with the business traveler. There were plenty of power outlets in the room and there was good Internet connectivity.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DeWayne S
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I spent two quick night at this hotel. It is beautiful and the views from the top floors are spectacular. Unfortunately, I did not get much time to enjoy the amenities. All of the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The location is an easy walk to many restaurants and businesses.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Very close to the action downtown, and the front desk gives great recommendations for food. The room is spectacular and the fitness center had all we needed! Will be back soon!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a ThirtyOne conference in Denver. The Grand Hyatt was a very nice place to stay. Cool atmosphere, enjoyable live music in the lobby, wonderful staff, right next to Starbucks, and walking distance to the conference center, 16th St Mall, and plenty of places to eat. Was a little pricy but they back it up. Wish the valet service was a little cheaper but we got our car back in perfect condition so it was worth it. The best part was the beds were comfy and room was very clean. At the end they helped us get our tab all sorted out since we stayed with other girls we were splitting it with. You can't go wrong with this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014