“Corner Room”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Corner Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Very nice, larger room (2525) with a view to the East. Now when I last booked a corner room at a Hyatt I had a view in more than one direction! This room only has one window. Yes, it is one the corner of the building but I think this is deceptive advertising.

The room was very nice though and kept very clean. Internet was reliable and fast. Security was great.

I will return but I'm not sure I will book the corner room again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

First impressions of the hotel building against the rest of the Denver sky-line - rather dull, however once inside I need not have worried. A modern hotel and restful foyer. My welcome was very friendly and I was delighted to be offered a room on the 25th floor complete with foothill views. Although located next to the elevator, I heard little noise. I was reassured by the card key access and made use of the room safe. The King Bedroom had all modern amenities and a lovely shower. It could have perhaps benefited from a mini bar but I would have only spent too much! - the empty fridge was handy to keep drinks and food cool. The maid respected my privacy card but ensured my room was cleaned very day with clean towels etc. I made three visits to the 'pub'. My buffet breakfast was OK but nothing special. My second visit and order from the menu was delicious. My two evening visits were very enjoyable and the bar staff made me feel welcome.
As a traveller on my own and a long way from home, all the staff I encountered were very welcoming, reassuring and always helpful. The hotel's location was excellent for the Downtown adventurer - minutes away from 16th Mall. Thank you Grand Hyatt I very much enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: 2509 has good foothill views and despite elevator location very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Located in downtown Denver. One can walk everywhere from here. (Note: parking options are limited and valet is $33 / per night, which is high for the area). Facility is being renovated outside. Lobby area contemporary with lounge, restaurant and computer terminals, WiFi. Room was clean and modern. HD TV. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Smart lights in room (turn on when they sense movement at night...very convenient). Fitness center and pool allow for serious work outs . And tennis court and run track on the roof was very unique and convenient. Downtown Denver is great place to be if one is in town for work or pleasure. Baseball stadium (Coors Field) and indoor arena were within walking distance or short cab ride. Hotel area is safe. 16th Street Mall has a lot of stores and big chains, restaurants. Starbucks and a 7-Eleven are adjacent or across from the hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floors are fine. Elevators were reasonably fast. Had 5 elevators in the bldg.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ralston, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was on a work trip so didn't have to pay for out of my pocket. It was nice, but not what I would expect for that price. Lots of cheaper hotels I have stayed in were just as nice. The location was good-within walking distance of the convention center.

• Stayed May 2014
Geneseo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt while attending a nursing convention May 16-22. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the convention center and other areas of downtown. We stayed in a Club room on the 24th floor and it was worth the extra cost. There was a varied selection for continental breakfast in the AM. (the fresh fruit was very good each AM) and throughout the day cookies, nuts, various beverages (non alcoholic) and fresh fruit was/were available. Only one evening did we take advantage of the hors' d'oeuvres but they were quite good as well. Alcoholic beverages were available via the honor system and for less cost than the bar. The work out facilities are small and the equipment is well maintained, I especially enjoyed the outside track area. We did not eat any meals at the hotel so cannot comment on the food other than what we enjoyed in the Club Lounge. It was a good stay and we will return.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator area. We could hear sirens even on the 24th floor, our room faced Welton.
Green Features: Separate recycle and trash containers are located in each room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Deah
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Location pretty good - central Denver. 1 block North of 16th st pedestrian mall.
Renovated in 2013, so nothing seems outdated. Not much vibe in the hotel.
Parking is $33/day which seems high.
Stayed as Diamond - Regency club is average. Quiet, and nice display, good amount of space. Not a lot of variety in food choices.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sierra Madre, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am a Hyatt Diamond member and book a night at the Grand Hyatt for a birthday. I contacted the hotel ahead of time to ask if I could check in early to put some items for the birthday in the room. They quickly replied and told me this would be no problem. We came to check-in at 2pm but the room was not ready even though they contacted me days ahead of time and said it would be ok. We came back after a late lunch and they had put strawberries, chocolate, and champagne in the suite! They really went out of their way to make our stay special.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple