“Superb Modern Hotel”

Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown
Ranked #9 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! When I arrived I noticed the new décor and the hotel has done a terrific job of renovating the lobby, the rooms, restaurants, and it has a renewed contemporary modern look. The staff was extremely friendly, very responsive, and the wine bar in the lobby as well as Pub17 were a real treat! The room was very spacious, modern, clean, and complementary Internet was included with my room. The breakfast buffet was fresh, of excellent quality, and a range of entrees, fruit, cheeses, and cereals were available. If you make a trip to Denver and stay downtown, this is the place to be – right off of 16th street mall where there is an endless supply of restaurants and entertainment.

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the elevators - recommend upper floors for a great view and less street nois...
1  Thank ChuckDickens
Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our professional association recently had an event in Denver and utilized the hotel for rooms, catering and event space. I was very impressed with the convention services department and especially the CSM Megan Petterson. Megan and her team were extremely helpful and I felt that she was always in total control of all logistical factors and catering requests. It was refreshing as the associations executive director and event planner to feel like I didnt have to worry about anything and that our event was in great hands. Thanks Megan!

Sincerely
RA/CMMA

1  Thank Ratkinsvp33
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed there in Mar, but I got a shipment to me a month after I checked out. The hotel's shipping clerk (Mike) managed to inform me via email and ship the package back to sender. Really impressed by that.

During the time I stayed there, I enjoyed the environment in general. The room was nice as Hyatt's standard is high on this. I checked in under company name so at first they didn't know I'm Hyatt's Platinum member, but they gave me late check out 30sec after I call them from my room the day before checking out. Effective staff I say.

From hotel's location, it's short walk to 16th st mall where you can find anything. One thing to request is that they should lower parking fee a bit for hotel guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lousifers
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Checked in on a Friday night with some friends from out of town. Visual, entry area / lounge bar was modern hip nice. Room itself was pretty standard nothing all to special.
Problems started with the hotel security treating me and our guest like children.
We're all late 30's to mid 4O's and act appropriately. About 8 of us came back to our room at about 2:30 am after the concert and lounge. We wanted to enjoy a our company and played some music at a very responsible level. Well Moe & Curly we're at our door with in 20 min. With zero warning or conversation they wanted us to ask our unregistered guest to leave. Wow! Way to treat your adult guest! After a few minutes of me using diplomatic negotiations skills I headed them off with the plan of shutting the music.
Got real boring there quick so we all left about 20 min after that. As we were walking to the elevator Moe & Curly were seeking to come back to tell us to leave... We exchanged a few mature words and moved along. Seems like these guys had nothing better to do and we're Ill properly trained.
Next was house cleaning pounding on our door at 1:06 pm tell us we are 6 min late checking out... This as we were packed and walking out of the door. RUDE!
Breakfast buffet was weak at best, food dry, bland and Blaaa not what I think any travel would expect from a " Grand" Hyatt.
Bottom line this place stunk many better options for the same price.
Would not recommend or stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My family of four stayed a long weekend in Denver at the Grand Hyatt and there were a few things that made this hotel special:
1. The staff was great. The were very personable and helpful. They even helped me score tickets to a hockey game! And when we needed someone to check the AC that tended to rattle, the maintenance person was there inside of five minutes!
2. If you are traveling with a family, you will love the fact that some of the rooms have two QUEEN beds! So, a family of four can sleep comfortably vs. the normally smaller beds. I would note that the trade-off is that they are a bit more firm than I would like. Either way, far better than standard.
3. The rooms are all updated and in great condition. While the bathroom is not huge, it was a reasonable size and featured a rain showerhead and automatic night-lighting for the middle of the night trips.
4. The location is excellent. You can walk to the 16th street mall, convention center, LoDo, State Capitol, Denver Art Museum, etc. If you are in an adventurous mood, I suggest you try the Denver Inside and Out Tour. Great walking adventure/tour of Denver.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed for a 3 day weekend business trip & pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was very friendly & I managed an early check in with ease with staff member William. The room was a different style than the usual hotel décor syndrome I usually see: dark wood, white bedding, thoughtful technology additions, like motion sensor lighting under the nightstands & bathroom vanity; an Ipod docking station, power outlets & usb on the desk that did NOT require a 6 foot extension cord. the urban hip vibe was present in the common areas also, the lobby bar was quite low key & had a guitarist. The bartender knew her bourbon, & had a few varieties that were dead on in her recommendations. A far cry from 'I got jack daniels'...no slur against the man.
The staff recommended Syrup for breakfast, so I could keep to my Paleo diet with ease, but oddly, were unable to find me a restaurant that served the famed Colorado Lamb.

All in all, the room was quite nice, and I enjoyed the flat screen TV from the oversized chair in the King suite, which was a good size and well appointed. BY the way, the bath has a rainhead showerhead; soap & shampoo were a bit harsh, but smelled quite fresh with willow &cucumber.

I had a really nice meal at Wild Bankok on Welton, steps away from the entrance. More choices were available on the 16th street mall area, but be prepared for fairly pricey or eat Taco Bell. INK coffee has an OJ & white choc frozen concotion that was tasty. I got a cool original art piece for $10 from a street artist on 16th street.

My only criticisms of the property were: Charging for internet access in your room separately is something I do not like -Hey, even Seoul's subway has FREE wifi access on it's trains! The door sensors & the elevator sensor was a bit of a pain when my hands were full of pizza delivery box or shopping bags.And...it would be really nice if the door valets would open your car door or open the front door to the hotel if you are a lady....

I also found a huge Korean community near by Aurora up north in the Denver area, and had a really nice shopping trip at a place called the H mart !! They even carried the Korean cosmetic line Sulwahsoo!! Look around Havana Blvd?? Also dropped in a place that served Pho & got a huge vat of it for $5.

1  Thank christine s
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with spacious rooms. Our bed was comfortable. The bathroom had nice lighting for putting on my makeup. Actually, the whole room was well lit. Loved the furniture. Enjoyed having a fridge in the room too. The fitness center is great. The staff was very helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business