“Business conference”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pulaski, Tennessee, United States
“Business conference”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. I have given 4 stars out of 5 due to lack of parking. Rented a car from air port and should have had the hotel pick up. Had to pay for valet parking. This is my only complaint. Check in was great. The gentleman was professional and pleasant. Services, food and cocktail time was awesome.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Not having stayed overnight in Denver before, choosing a hotel on Hotels Combined was a bit of a risk, but the Grand Hyatt was a good choice. Reception is friendly and helpful and the two bars are good meeting places for people travelling alone.

Breakfast is typical of most hotels, but good value.

Philadelphia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had a one night stay in Denver at the Grand Hyatt and found the hotel satisfactory in all respects. A typical large covention-type hotel, we had a standard 2 bed room which was a bit crowded for our family of four but was fine for a brief stay. I especially liked the automatic floor lights that went on in the middle of the night to guide you to the bathroom without waking up everyone with the ceiling lights or lamps. The food at the Pub made for a great lunch and the location was ideal for exploring downtown to Denver. Valet parking was expensive but typical for a downtown hotel. We had club access which was great for breakfast (smoked salmon included) and cocktails, while not free were enjoyable in the club at 5:00 pm. All folks we encountered from the front desk to the bellman were particularly cheerful. A nice all around stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel was great -- I'm hard-pressed to think of a single negative thing! When I first checked in, the clerk informed me that they had run out of regular rooms so she was going to upgrade me to a corner suite with a king-sized bed for no extra charge. The room was very spacious and clean and had lots of nice touches, including motion-detector night lights at the foot of each nightstand that turned on when I had to get out of bed in the dark, and another motion-detector light that came on when I opened the closet door. The hotel also provided free wi-fi, and the bed and pillows were clean and comfortable. The bathroom had all the necessary amenities (e.g. soap, shampoo, Kleenex, hair dryer). The workout room was well-stocked with equipment and very clean. The food at the conference I was attending in the hotel was good, and the wait staff brought special meals (e.g. vegan/vegetarian) promptly, unlike other hotels I have seen. When my friends and I went to get a drink in the lobby bar one evening, the waitress was swamped with a large group that had arrived just before ours, so after a few minutes of waiting we gave up and went to another bar in a different section of the hotel, where we were served promptly. While we were enjoying our drinks, the waitress from the first bar appeared and apologized for our earlier wait! When I ended up having to leave the hotel a day earlier than expected, the front-desk clerk didn't charge me for the day I missed even though I informed him rather late in my stay. Finally, the hotel was very conveniently located near the 16th Street Mall which features lots of shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel; kudos to the management for a job well done!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite if you can -- mine was large and comfortable, and they are always located far fro...
Green Features: In addition to the usual "drop the towel on the floor if you don't want to use it; otherwise we won't replace it" practice, this is one of the few hotels that had wastebaskets divided up for recycling paper and plastic.
1 Thank OccasionalAdventurer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel, clean room and updated. Valet is around $40 including tip each day however there is a parking garage across the street which will charge you $19. Good location, walking distance to 16 street mall. Our room was very clean and had modern furniture. For the price, you are paying for the location and convenience. Wifi and breakfast is not included. For the price we paid, it would be nice, but downtown, you will not find any hotel with free wifi or breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Loveland, CO
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel was just ok, I really expected more for $174 per night including tax..plus $33.00 per night for valet parking. We paid a total of $214 for one nights stay and did not even have a clean bathroom and we had an icky (what looked like washed blood?) stain on our sheet. If the Grand Hyatt is going to make a statement with all white bedding and white sheets, then they need to be bleached white and stain free! We took this sheet off. The bathtub had about 5 little black curly hairs (the kind you don't want to wipe up yourself, from the last guest.) Also we had a room fairly close to the elevators and people were so rude, yelling back and forth to eachother at 7:30am on a Saturday. This is not the hotels fault, there are stupid people everywhere. However, I was surprised by housekeeping knocking on our door at 8:30am when check out is not till noon. Kind of strange. Not a good nights sleep since we had been out the night before till 1 or so at a comedy show. Anyway, I was kind of disappointed and felt ripped off :( The lobby was not real clean either and nobody asked how our stay was upon check out. They also double charged us at check out time for 2 nights of valet when we only had one night.

The good parts: View from the 22nd floor was pretty cool, we could see alot of the city. Bed was comfortable, lots of pillows. The room itself smelled really good when we arrived, bright and has modern decor and a fridge. We were greeted by nice, smiling staff upon check in. Great location, literally 3 minute walk to 16th street mall and lots of restaurants/ night life. Also the lights and bar in the Hyatt lobby are really cool looking! (If the glasses and trash would have been picked up, it would have been a really beautiful place to hang out.)

Overall: JUST OK. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room and away from elevators!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank COchicky
LA
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I rarely give 5 stars. I really liked this hotel. The food was great, the service was great, and my room was really comfortable and quiet (although I was on the end of the hall, so I can't speak to rooms near the elevator). It was walkable to tons of bars and restaurants, or a very cheap cab ride to anywhere else downtown. My room was really clean and updated, and included a mini fridge. What I especially loved were the motion-sensing lights on the floor under the nightstand and the bathroom sink. What an awesome idea! I want to find something like that and bring it everywhere with me now. My only dislike was that two of the bartenders were quite insistent on getting one's name and/or room number verbally to tab out, and that is both a security risk and a risk for having someone else put drinks on my room. I hope they change that practice because it's no different for them to print out a receipt and let me write the information down without anyone else over-hearing.