“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson, Mississippi
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very clean hotel with a nice workout center. Location is perfectly situated in downtown Denver. Only complaint: very loud on the streets. Even though I was on a top floor I heard a lot. Bring a sound machine and you will be fine.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the noise from the streets caused you. We take your comments very seriously and will be sure to share them with our entire staff. We do hope you choose Grand Hyatt Denver for your accommodations in the future.
Brian Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
FISHERS LANDING
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Beautifully appointed room with simply the most luxurious feel to it. Loved the subtle night lights that came on when you stepped out of bed at night - just enough to see to move around but not enough to wake another person. Bathroom felt like a fine spa - lots of large fluffy towels etc. It is close to the 16th street mall and walking distance to everything downtown has to offer. Yes it might be a few more dollars than other hotels but it is simply worth it. You will come away feeling like you stayed at a resort instead of a hotel in the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: From what I can see there isn't a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are very pleased with the new renovation features and the ability to add on extra amenities that will make our guests’ stays more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Denver during your next trip to town.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I bid $75 for a Saturday night in downtown Denver on Priceline and got the Hyatt. I guess they need to fill the places up on the weekends. If you want a cheap but quite pleasant downtown location bid or just offer something low on a weekend and you may just get it. The room was great, great view. No breakfast or parking however (just $5 across the street though).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. We do hope you will choose Grand Hyatt Denver for your accommodations during your next trip to Denver.
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I usually stay elsewhere when I'm in Denver on business, but wound up at the Grand Hyatt on my last business trip and it was a breath of fresh air. It's within walking distance of everything in LoDo. I really liked the spacious rooms and bathrooms. I especially liked the fitness center, and the outdoor running track, which I have seen from the other hotel I usually stay in. The only reason I gave this hotel four stars is because there is no free wifi. You'd think for $230 per night that free wifi could be included, especially since this hotel markets to the business traveler and much cheaper hotels have free wifi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are very pleased you enjoyed your room as well as the fitness center and track. Although internet is an additional cost of $10/day, we do provide free internet access in our lobby, restaurant and Starbucks areas for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Denver the next time you are in town.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2013

One of the nicer hotels in downtown Denver. It is very modern, and the service is outstanding. It's a great place to go, if you want to spend a weekend in the heart of a very vibrant city. The hotel is just yards away from the 16th Street Mall (lots of places to eat, drink, and shop) and a few more blocks away from Blake Street and Coors Field.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ChuckSteele53
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Grand Hyatt Denver.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I planned a 3-day mini-vacation at the Grand Hyatt in Denver after dropping our daughter off at college in Boulder. We got a great rate and decided to splurge on a Grand Club-level room. All I can say is, "Wow!" The room was gorgeous! The decor reminded me of a boutique hotel and I loved the earth tones and nice accessories. As nice as the room was, the bathroom was even better! I loved the huge glassed in shower with floor to ceiling tile and two shower heads (one at normal height and the other was a rain-type shower in the ceiling) that could be turned on separately or together. If you wanted a bathtub, you were out of luck in our room, but the shower was just wonderful. It was also nice to have the Grand Club down the hall for drinks and snacks. The location is great (walking distance to 16th Street Mall) and we were thoroughly enjoying our stay until we spoke to our neighbors back home and learned that our neighborhood had been absolutely deluged with rain earlier in the evening and lots of people had water in their basements. We asked them to check, and sure enough, we had water come into our basement as well. We decided to stay overnight in the hotel and leave the next morning to deal with the wet carpet. Before going to breakfast, we talked to the management hoping to get a credit for a return trip, or a dining credit, because our rate was non-refundable for three nights. When we explained our situation, the manager gave us a full refund for the unused nights! We then had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was really good. I got Eggs Benedict and my husband got the biscuits with mushroom gravy and both were really excellent. The mushroom gravy was the best either of us had ever tasted. We wish our stay at the Grand Hyatt hadn't been cut short, but we will most definitely come back again and would recommend it to anyone wanting a central location in a very nice hotel in downtown Denver.

Room Tip: I'm spoiled now--go for the Club Level!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that everything is alright at home and that you did not experience much damage due to the rain. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Denver.
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip - the workshop was in the hotel. I thought it was in a nice location in downtown Denver - you can walk right to 16th street. I didn't rent a car and I didn't need one while I was there. My room was very nice and clean and quiet. I liked the motion sensor lights that would go on if you walked around the room at night. I thought all the staff I encountered were very accommodating. All in all, I thought it was a good hotel for a business trip in downtown Denver.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again at Grand Hyatt Denver.