“No-maintenance hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Traveler Inn

Traveler Inn
Ranked #122 of 156 Hotels in Denver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place should Close down ,The Room had MIldew on the Celing, Spider web every where, The balcony coverd with trash, and Rothing food, Bathroom, Mildew ,Horrifying...I called the Healt Department to report and send lots of Picture for them, I had to go to see Dr, My face swolled up from allergic reaction,,,,,I would not spend $1 to stay in this Hotel,,,I did for $150

Stay away from this place that what I can say!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 101 Don;t stay Here Not even for a Minute
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank grahamjulianna
Ben G, Manager at Traveler Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of our location! We are sorry your stay was unsatisfactory! Our rooms do have areas in front of the windows, however they are not meant to be balconys! We apologize that the area that looked like a balcony was so unkempt! Our cleaning staff walks the property regularly to try to prevent this from happening. We hope if you return to Denver you give us another chance!
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Never stay here. 3AM in the morning, we were tired, needed a place to rest...thought the Howard Johnson would do just fine from the looks of it. That was not the case. The hotel was disgusting - dingy and dirty, and we felt extremely unsafe. We were being eyed down by people hanging out in the hallway at this wee hour and they watched us walk into our room. We were receiving phone calls at 3:30AM from another guest(s) and were awoken soon after by banging on our hotel room door.. We did not answer, but through the door peep-hole they seemed like they were up to no good. There was no security in the place. Our cellular phones were dead and we felt so uncomfortable at one point that we dialed what the phone said to dial for an emergency: "9 and then 9-1-1." The phone did not even allow for us to call NINE-ONE-ONE! The phone didn't allow for us to call the front desk either. That really got us spooked. We ended up feeling so threatened that we jumped out of our hotel window and left the area immediately. Maybe we overreacted? But I do not believe that to be the case. If you go to this hotel, I would recommend getting there early in the day while it is still light out and stay in your room through the night. Better yet, I recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank glg150
Ben G, Manager at Traveler Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of our location! We are sorry you found the hotel to be uncomfortable! Our staff does security walks to help ensure the safety of our guests at night time! We hope you choose to give us another chance if you stay in Denver again!

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Good coupon value stops there. I have stayed at this property over one month over the last 3 while in town. Location is good but the problems are here described accurate not with personal feelings. Bld 1 coupons and full rate over night guests nicest rooms even have hair dryers...bld 2 has weeklys and where I'm staying....bld 3 I have walked thru alleys that felt safer with the drunks, roommate freeway panhandlers coming and going and the bums coming to visit friends thru the back doorway that accesses the park. Recently trash was pilling up daily at the trash cans/ ash trays at entrance ways in the evenings.....the maids empty around 10, so the hotel idea was put notice on every door informing you must now take your trash out to dumpster they're removing trash cans......ha, the lady in her lawn mowing clothes faded black tshirt and black sweats working the front desk is the most pleasnt with her ponied tailed side kick who while having packages delivered by the mailman (something I do near daily) interupted to hastly ask are you staying here with few more comments about my frequent packages to have the mailman turn to me and say why do they act like that.......I explained that is white trash at it's finest.........no its not personal only insightful and revealing......avoid this dump like the trash thrown all around the dumpster not in nor picked up by staff, avoid like the two upolstered chairs that were removed from rooms that have been sitting at the end of the hallway in bld 2 next to the soda machine for 5 days now with huge blood stains staff seems to not care about finding storage or trash for...........honestly you always get what you pay for as a traveler who pays his own rooms I know value is hard to find and rates for rooms are a high expense but motel 6 is a more fitting description of this place.....ha the funny thing is I just went to take a picture for you all of the chairs since we can add photo here and at 342am the chairs are gone having been there just an hour ago........friday night sure someone pulled into room to have more seating shame that faded blod stain nobody who saw last 5 days knew is blood........I check out in hours not supporting a business owner and management like this any longer

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

After reading the reviews for the Howard Johnson Inn on Federal Street I was a little bit weary of staying here, I had stayed had Howard Johnson Inn's before but I was still not sure. The hotel is a bit run down but the room that I stayed in was huge and clean. Yes, it had it's issues like the bathroom could use a little bit of help but overall it was okay. Like I said the room was big and clean, the beds were pretty comfortable and it was nice having air conditioning. Overall you get what you pay for. If you just need a place to rest your head on your way in and out of town then definitely stay here. The look of it is not too nice but it's clean. As for the pool I did not go swimming but the water looked clean. When I first checked in my room was not ready yet and that was around 5pm but they said it was because they only have two maids working and they are going through ownership changes. I was fine with it because I would prefer a late dirty room then an on time nasty room. If I ever need another place to stay in Denver I will definatley go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HoJo_Denver_GM, Manager at Traveler Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your comments here. I appreciate you taking a chance on staying with us even though some of our previous comments are less than positive. I’m glad you enjoyed your time here, and I look forward to having you back as a guest soon.
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

From the online photos, you'd think it was very nice, but not so. We booked this as our first night in Denver whilst on tour of Colorado, but when we arrived late evening, the building was dingey, the curtains to the windows looked as if they hadn't been cleaned for years, the upholstery in the room was dusty and dirty, the tv didn't work, the lights didn't work, the fridge didn't work, and no coffee facilities. Admittedly, they changed our room once we complained, but the second room not much better. At least, we didn't find any cockroaches! Outer security doors had no locks, so anyone could walk into the motel corridors. Reception was dull and untidy. I don't know how old the photos are online, but nothing looked like that.

Room Tip: From our experience, rooms on one side faced the car park and road, on the other a block of flats wi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank june t
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Paint fallng off,hole in bathroom wall,dirty,bed was broke and they never came to fix,over all VERY bad visit,oh did i forget to mention mold in shower and pool has not been open yet i was told

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank silverod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
The Timbers Hotel
#101 of 156 in Denver
Comfort Inn
#78 of 156 in Denver
Comfort Inn
#2 of 8 in Wheat Ridge

Been to Traveler Inn? Share your experiences!