“Nice option downtown”

Ranked #37 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice option downtown”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here a couple nights recently. Friendly, helpful service. Clean rooms. Very quiet too. Very reasonable price for a downtown hotel in a large city. I thought it was a pretty good value. Nice location, pretty centrally located. I didn't make use of the bar, breakfast, of evening milk and cookies, so I can't comment on those. But I'd definitely stay here again if I have a chance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hey Andy,

Thanks for staying with us and for the review. You have to try the cookies next time! Have to! We're glad you dug it and we look forward to the next stay - till then,

Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Positives: I particularly liked politeness of the staff, quality of breakfast and location of the hotel.

Negatives: My bathroom sink was clogged all the time. I mentioned it to the reception at least three times. Finally a repairman stooped by. He worked on the sink, said that he improved it and left. Unfortunately the sink was still clogged.That was disappointing. However I had a feeling that there is nothing I could do and I just tried to worked around the problem.

I also found that the smell of cooking was permeating even to the tenth floor. Perhaps this was the result of chimney effect due to elevator being close to my room.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that are close to elevator unless you want your cloth to smell like fried e...
2 Thank Lev1966
Dear Lev1966,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We're glad you dug the location and staff - the sink and the wafting cooking smells have been noted and we thank you for your patience. We hope to see you again soon -

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I just returned from Denver, visiting there to attend the APS March meeting and loved my stay. The staff was super friendly and helpful; the valet were particularly good at giving directions. The rooms were clean and I especially loved the milk and cookies reception that they have in the evening in the downstairs lounge - it was a special treat after attending meetings all day :) I will definitely consider the Magnolia next time I'm in Denver for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hey IreneBH2014,

Thank you so much for the great review and for staying with us! We invite you back for more whenever - all the magic will still be here -

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed there for one night for my husband's birthday and it was excellent! I was sad that we didn't spend enough time in the hotel room because it was a gorgeous room and the service was incomparable. The staff was extremely nice and did everything they could to make us happy and comfortable. The over soak tub was wonderful! The valet service was awesome! they were fast and courteous. I really liked that they offered to give us directions upon bringing the car around since we were not familiar with the city. I would recommend it to anyone and would love to stay there another night!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hey Angelique A,

Happy BDay to the husband! We love reviews like this and it was a pleasure taking care of you guys. We hope the next birthday comes soon, till then,

All our best,
Billings, Montana
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We really like the Magnolia having stayed there once in January and again this past weekend. The location is terrific being close to football, hockey and baseball, the Performing Arts Center and downtown businesses. The staff is extremely helpful and polite. Rooms are clean and comfy. Valet parking was quick. The breakfast received high marks as did the evening happy hour. My husband did business while I enjoyed Denver. We will be back!

Dear Lynda B,

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for reviewing! Whether it's business or pleasure, we want to ensure our guests have a good time - it seems we did a good job. We hope to do it again someday -

Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2014

As soon as we arrived at Magnolia we were greeted with smiles and warm welcomes.
The people at the front desk were great and check in was a breeze as well as check out.

They set up our ride from and to the airport. Our driver was waiting for us right after we gathered our bags from the airport. The driver was excellent and we made it to Magnolia in no time at all.

Our rooms were great, and spacious. The bathroom was good, it had a nice large tub/shower.
The living room was nice with a good sized lcd tv. The Room had giant windows with a great view of the city. The windows let in maximum amount of sun and it was really nice it lit up the whole room. We had a nice kitchen in our room too. We had the six beer bucket placed in our room as well and we did not even get a chance to drink one of them :-(.

The bedroom, the bedroom was fantastic from the comfort of the bed to the pillows right down to the comforter and sheets. We had excellent sleep. We were here for restaurant week, so after eating and drinking all day it felt great to relax is such a comfortable bed. I have zero complaints. Room was a good size with a king bed a dresser and a TV. This room also had a giant windows that let in maximum sunlight. The view was of Stout Street I believe.

On to the other great things about this hotel.

The buffet breakfast, was really good with a very nice daily spread. eggs bacon sausage the normal things. They also had a waffle maker. One day they had crepes and another day had breakfast sandwiches. Coffee and plenty of juice along with water. Ooops can't forget about the fruit, bananas oranges apples. All very delicious.

HARRY'S BAR AND GRILL

Harry's was a wonderful bar had great decor and a very friendly staff. we sat at the bar a few nights and had some drinks. My wife had a great chocolate martini and I was drinking the Titan IPA. The drinks were very good the prices were fair and again the service was great. We didn't get a chance to eat here and I am kinda sad about the because I really wanted to try the adult mac n cheese, I think that's what it was called but I am not 100% sure.

I am saving the best for last and that is the Complimentary downtown transportation. These guys were beyond awesome. They were friendly and helpful. We had a handful of different drivers and every single one of them were great. They had great suggestions of restaurants and bars to visit. One day we went to a place and instead (I've had this happen before) of driving away he waited to make sure it was open and it was not. We had another place in mind at it was in the complete opposite direction and he was totally fine with it and had zero issues with taking us there.

Overall to me this Hotel is beyond fantastic and the services that they offer are excellent. I was super impressed with Magnolia Hotel and I am very glad we chose to stay here.
I will definitely stay here again.

Thank you to all the wonderful staff!! We had a great time at your hotel!!!!

I should add that this was a combo business trip and mini vacation. There was 4 of us 2 couples in separate rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Seth241,

Comprehensive, detailed, and generally awesome notes sir! We love reviews because they are the unofficial voice of our guests - we're so happy you dug the hotel and mentioned everything that worked - where appropriate I have let the staff know (the downtown guys appreciate it) and we hope to have you back soon - Till then,

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great hotel. The room was absolutely beautiful. We took advantage of the evening reception (my wife has a new favorite drink), and the next morning we made our own wonderful waffles at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hey Joey114,

Thanks for the great review and for taking advantage of our awesomeness. New drinks, new pastimes, we want to be a part of it all. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back -