“Great Anniversary Stay”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #46 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We wanted a one-night anniversary getaway and chose Magnolia Hotel Denver based on reviews and pricing. We were very happy with our choice. We stayed in a Signature King Suite and had more than enough room for the two of us.

Pros:
The concierge was incredibly helpful in getting us reservations at Rioja which is usually completely booked. She told Rioja we were celebrating our anniversary and they were able to move us to a table with a view of Larimer Street which offers great people watching. When we checked in, the person at the desk congratulated us on our anniversary. Finally there was a bottle of chilled Cava, compliments of the concierge, waiting for us when we arrived in our room. I can't say enough about how impressed I was by that.

The person in charge of the valet stand was very friendly even though the area was very busy with guest arrivals. He offered use of the hotel car if we needed any local transportation and since we thought it would be nice not to have to walk, we reserved a ride for that night even before checking into the hotel. Valet for the night is $28, but we knew that before arrival, so it was an expected additional charge.

Check in, and out was fast and easy.

Our suite was very sizable, in that it has a useable kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There was also a dinning table that seat 8 and a large sofa and chair in the main tv room. The bedroom was a little tight around the king bed, but nothing to complain about. The bathroom was big enough for two people to get ready in at the same time although there are not double sinks.

I liked the modern décor of the hotel and our suite.

Cons:
It was fairly noisy in our room. We had an end unit and a suite, so could not hear anyone in the hallway, but noise travels up the interior atrium. We were awakened around 0200 by a loud group of people and then again around 0300 by another (or the same) group being loud downstairs.

The shower, while hot, did not have enough water pressure.

My wife said the toilet paper was worse than the cheap paper they buy at her office.

Overall I would highly recommend the hotel based on the value, friendliness of the staff and the location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us. We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,798)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for our last night before flying home to the UK. The staff were very helpful and welcoming at check-in, the room was lovely, spotlessly clean and well decorated. Comfy bed enabled a great night's sleep, and the included breakfast was wonderful - lots of choice and a pleasant dining area. Starbucks right next door, with a discount for hotel guests.
The location is FANTASTIC! Right off 16th St Mall, you can easily walk to lots of shops, cafes, and cultural sights. We will definitely be staying here again next year when we return to Denver.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We know how important a good night's sleep is before you skip back over the pond. We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Good thing I was by myself as my room was small. If my wife was with me we would have had to move as there was no room for more than my meager assortment of grooming tools. Just enough room to walk around the beds. I was surprised that the free happy hour had good beer coors and kilihans. Room was quiet thanks to courtyard windows but no view whatsoever. One bed rock hard the other soft. First time Tripadvisor reviewer ratings let me down. Room 1233.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Hi codespewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback gives us insight into ways we can improve customer experience and service. So the free happy hour was a smash hit, and the room was nice and quiet, but it's size left you wanting more? Duly noted.

We'll take these notes and work to make your stay that much more enjoyable.
Thank you for being a part of what makes us better.

Regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

At the hotel now. Booked 2 nights for my boss and me. My boss is used to nice hotels. I am used to decent hotels. After checking in I walked the long, dark, narrow, gray hallway to my room...opened the room door tithe smallest room I have seen. I knew my boss wasn't going to be happy. Then I tried the bed...hoping that the bed would be comfortable enough to make up for the room;nope. At that point I called the front desk to cancel our 2nd night here and quickly booked at four seasons for about $30 more a night. This hotel is worth maybe half the nightly rate. The sound of the mall train outside my window, lack of tv reception, a toilet that flushes like I was at the motel 6...I will never make this mistake again. Book the many other hotels near by worth the price. I am baffled by this so called boutique hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MelTvedt

Dear melkc,

While we have a noted preference for great reviews, reviews like yours are absolutely essential to us. We want to know exactly what was working and what wasn't during your stay, so we can take that information and make our services that much better. Our aim is not to baffle our customers, but to meet and exceed their standards. Your information helps us achieve this goal.

Thanks for helping us improve, and you're welcome back anytime.

Best,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed here for a convention. The hotel was very conveniently located a short walk to many restaurants and shopping, and the convention center was only 4 blocks away. The free hot breakfast had a diverse selection and it varied some each morning; I got a ton of networking done at the nightly wine and beer receptions; then I came back with friends for the evening cookies and milk reception as well. The lobby and rooms were nice. Check-in and check-out for my group was easy. What kicked this rating from 4 to 5 stars was that I lost my billing receipts after I got back to work and I needed them for reimbursement. One call and the receptionist sent me each of the 4 bills via email in less than 3 minutes. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Stan,

We can safely say that reviews like your make our days better, and may even improve the quality of our lives. Seems like you took advantage of all of our awesome amenities, and we got a chance to shine when we swooped in with emailed receipts. Just another day of you being awesome, and us matching that awesomeness. It's kismet, Stan.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and you're welcome back anytime.

Cheers,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a king suite with fireplace on the 11th floor. It was a large room with good views and a comfy bed . We liked having Starbuck's deliver our morning coffee. Sunday breakfast was tasty, Because it was so crowded, though, I would suggest staff step in during such busy times to serve guests going through the buffet lines. That would help considerably to better manage portion control and time spent in line. Stations with bus tubs for guests to clear their tables would also be welcome. The hotel is in an excellent location downtown. We will definitely keep an eye out for another Internet deal and stay here again.

Room Tip: Go online and sign up for their electronic newsletter to get amazing rates

Dear Karen,

That was awfully nice of you to drop us such a positive review, and we want to thank you for it. Here goes.

Thank you.

Your suggestions have been run up the flagpole - we appreciate and value your input.

We hope to see you again, and you're welcome back anytime!

Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here because of the location. It was close to a lot of bars and the reviews and amenities made it seem like a great choose. When we checked in the girl who check us in didn't know what was going on, traffic was crazy. When we got to our room we looked around and noticed that the bath robes that the room description had were not there. I also tried to use the internet which was stated as free was in fact not free. The night work wasn't anymore help with information and was falling asleep as the counter every time we walked by. Room service stopped at 1:00 am weird. Breakfast was great, a lot to choose from. Over all I really enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to making your next experience at Magnolia even better.

Best,