“Great downtown Denver Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnolia Hotel Denver

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Pleasant Hill, Oregon
“Great downtown Denver Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my first stay at the Magnolia. I was in Denver for several days of meetings. The Magnolia was conveniently located. The hotel staff were all very nice and helpful!

I stayed in one of the fireplace rooms. I was very impressed on the overall condition of the room. It had plenty of room including a separate walk–in closet in the bedroom. The bed was really comfortable and internet access was good.

The only knock that I have is that the TV remote was kind of flaky; I had to turn the set on & off with the button on the TV. It was an inconvenience, but no big deal.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it as place to stay in Denver!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

the suites look like they belong in a bad 70s sitcom. Our group experienced horrible service. The only nice touch were the cookies. At midnight I could not get any service staff on the line. When checking out Melanie gave me attitude when I asked to review the bill. Horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mirazaba
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the Magnolia the weekend of April 19th for three nights. The room was very clean and in wonderful condition. We did not use the fireplace but it was a nice option. What really made my stay at the Magnolia top-notch was the service received from the Concierge desk. I had e-mailed with both Erin and Kristen prior to my stay and they always got back to me very quickly which was really nice. I never finalized any touristy plans before I arrived so I needed their help when I got there and they could not have been nicer. What really impressed me was that Erin has her cell phone number listed on her business card and told me I could call/text her when she wasn't working if I needed help. I didn't have to take her up on this offer, but it was nice knowing I could send her a text if I needed any help or recommendations off hours. The Bell guys were super nice and friendly. Breakfast was great, and loved the milk and cookies at night. Excellent location near the 16th St. Mall, and, there is a Walgreen's on the corner which was nice since there was a fridge in the room we could stock up on beverages at Walgreen's! I definitely recommend the Magnolia in Denver and would love to stay here in the future. Price was very competitive to other hotels on this level, in fact, from the research I did, the Magnolia's prices are actually a little better than most other comparable hotels in the area. The only down side I have was that the internet service was not that good on my floor which was higher up, but knew this ahead of time from reading other reviews. Love that they do offer free Wi-Fi though, just need to work on getting that connection working better on the higher floors!

Room Tip: Internet service was a bit iffy on the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel needs to learn the meaning of the word “hospitality.”

Two of my girlfriends and I stayed at your hotel on March 26th. This was a special event planned for one of the friends, who has cancer, and who flew in from Illinois. When we first checked in, the girl behind the computer (their check-in counter was being renovated) kept asking “You only want one room?” (Wish we would have said “Yes, we are 3 childhood friends who haven’t seen each other in a while and want one room – not that it’s any of your business.”)

The elevators looked like they hadn’t been vacuumed in quite a while and the whole place seemed rather dark and dingy. The set-up of the room was strange – you had to go completely inside the bathroom in order to turn on the light on the back wall. The toilet faces the mirror which we thought was odd. The coffee maker was tucked away in the back of the closet. It all seemed haphazard.

We felt that the hotel staff were indifferent to their guests – they definitely didn’t go out of their way to make anyone feel special or welcome. There seemed to be a general sense of malaise surrounding the place. The hotel was undergoing renovations, which we felt was used as an excuse for inhospitable treatment and a less than clean environment.

When we went to happy hour, I cleaned trash off the table before we used it and had the trash in my hand. When I asked the bartender where I should put it, he directed me across the room “behind the television at the other end,” instead of just taking it from me and throwing it in the trash can behind him.

The water dispenser in the lobby with fruit slices was always empty.

The free breakfast buffet was a joke. The coffee was cold when we arrived at 8:15 a.m. The breakfast was over promptly at 9:00 a.m. We got there in plenty of time, but other guests came in shortly afterwards and no coffee or bagels were left out. We felt as if they were rushing the guests out of the room - even though the room was not used for anything afterwards.

Needless to say, we were sorely disappointed in this hotel. I live and work in Denver and will never refer anyone here. We had fun at our reunion IN SPITE of the hotel, not because of it. We wanted this to be a memorable experience – and it was, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

In the heart of Denver and one block from the hip 16th Street mall which is full of retail shops and restaurants. This location was very much the same style as the hotel in Houston, Texas in the amenities and décor of the building. Each weekday evening is accompanied by a manager's happy hour with free house drinks from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time in the lounge downstairs from the main lobby. Later around 8:00 p.m. you'll find cookies and milk in the same lounge which is a great place to relax and enjoy light conversation. Due to time I didn't have a chance to try Harry's Bar and Grill, but based on the number of people and the music - it seemed popular.

I stayed in a suite and it was nicely appointed, even had a gas fireplace. The temperature was easily controlled via a wall-mounted thermostat. The suite even had a mini-kitchen and large master bedroom closet. The bathroom was large enough for two to prepare for a fun day around town.

This visit encountered a couple of "off the mark" items, so Magnolia did not receive an outstanding review. The room door would not work requiring maintenance to address it. This caused a minor delay just to be able to deposit travel bags in the room and meet a group for dinner. The bedroom had a plastic bag over what appeared to be the overhead light fixture. The ceiling was too high to be able to reach. The bag was just out of place and should not have been there. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job; however, they did not stow the ironing board or iron each day - something other major brands do. The front desk staff did not seem as friendly as in Houston. Answers to questions were snappy rather than being friendly in the address. Smiles were missing as well.

Room Tip: The street noise was not that noticeable on the 15th floor; however, on weekdays you will probably h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lindale, tX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed in the Magnolia from March 9-16, 2013. What a great hotel! The room was wonderful, the staff was wonderful (had the best person who helped us, Brian Smith in the lounge area). What an excellent vacation spot. It's very close to the 16th street mall, and every tour we went on, the guides would comment on what a nice hotel the Magnolia is. Could not have asked for a better place to unwind and enjoy some down time from work! Would definitely stay here again if we are ever in Denver again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Everyone including front desk, concierge, valet, housekeeping, etc were extremely friendly and accommodating. A group of six traveled to Denver for my husband’s 30th birthday and we were not disappointed. We had a king suite with kitchen, dining, and living room. It was laid out nice. The furniture in the living/dining rooms was dated and a bit worn. Bed was super comfortable, we slept great. The bathroom was a bit tiny but we managed. Shower/tub was roomie. Toiletries were not great but got the job done. We had a kitchenette with a mini fridge. The room advertised a full fridge, so that was a downer. Bottle of Figi in the room is $6. The free breakfast is great, changes day to day but mostly sausage, cereal, toast/muffins, scrambled eggs, and then a dish that changes which was french toast one day and hash browns the next. We also hit the cookies and milk, which was a cute treat at the end of the night. Hotel bar Harrys is small but a good place to start your night. Service was great. The hotel is perfectly located to explore Denver. We were in walking distance of several breweries, brew pubs, restaurants, entertainment, mall, etc.

Room Tip: Room 714 was perfect, no outside noise, great view and good layout.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple