“Very pleasant stay!”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #45 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a great little find! The room was great, breakfast was very nice, happy hour was great, and cookies and milk at bedtime was a delightful touch. The staff was very accommodating and helpful and friendly....all willing to go out of their way. Hotel car to shuttle to area restaurants and attractions was a nice plus as well. Much better price than bigger hotels and much warmer and more comfortable. I'll be back to a Magnolia Hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Stout hear the bells of the trolley and traffic. Not too bad and the bells seem to stop...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The good... Suite was good, very clean and modern. Housekeeping was very good. Breakfasts were fairly complete and varied slightly from one day to the next. Coffee, juice, tea, cereal/porridge station, toast/bagel station, scrambled eggs and bacon every day, and then the last hot item would change (waffles, french toast, burrito, etc). I stayed on the seventh floor and the rapid-rail train was barely audible (It stops outside of the hotel). Elevators are very quick to respond.

The not so good... The temperature dropped with a snow storm, and shorts/t-shirt weather went to multiple coats/winter boots weather. I got back to the room, and it was cold... adjusted the thermostat and tried to sleep... but the temperature in the room just kept dropping with no relief. I bundled up with an extra blanket and finally slept, and then awoke in a sweat because the heat kicked in about 2am. Next night, I got back to the room... same thing, no heat. This time I complained. The maintenance guy came and reset something, and the problem was solved. The very next night, someone in another room somewhere, did something to set off the fire alarm - at 11:30. It was tricky finding the stairs as there didn't seem to be any posted floor plans. 30 minutes out on the street before we were cleared to go back in. I know that can happen in any hotel, but there was not a lot of communication by the staff in this situation. The firefighters were the ones talking to us and letting us back in.
No swimming pool or spa, but I knew that when I booked the hotel room.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a 6 days conference in Denver Convention Center. The location is great. It only takes 5 - 7 minutes to walk to Convention Center. The 16th Street Mall is right around the corner. The room is very clearn. I loved the night light design in the bath room. It is brillient. The best of the best is the full hot breakfast. It is a big surprise. I have never had such wonderul complementary hot breakfast in any where else. The service was wonderful. I called front desk for any question and got the answer I need. The hair drier did not work for the first morning. I called. Someone sent a new hair drier within few minutes. Another person checked again in 30 minutes to be sure the hair drier issue was resolved. Outstaning!!

The internet connection is a bit slow. Not bad. However, it is not as fast as I liked it to be.

I definitely will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: The complementary breakfast is outstanding!!
1  Thank Tyng H
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Loved the room, and the fireplace and kitchenette were a welcome addition. The bathroom was large and the bed (separate bedroom) was comfortable as well. The hotel was quiet and overlooked downtown Denver. It was a great place to catch the free shuttle and peruse the shops and nightlife. My only complaint was the fact that the wi-fi did not work on the floor I was on. I called the front desk and was told it works best on lower floors. I will stay again and ask for a room on a lower floor.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi works better in rooms on lower levels.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our family (including 2 children under age of 5) were guests at this awesome hotel for one week. First of all, the fireplace suite (one bedroom) was perfect for us; spacious with small kitchen area (no stove, plates or cutlery but microwave and fridge). The bedroom was large enough to fit the extra crib; we had a roll away bed as well, placed in the living room area. The living/dining room was laid out well with an L-shaped couch and full dining table. The bathroom was lovely with a deep soaker tub and located in the small hall outside the bedroom; this was particularly helpful with small kids so that we could use the living area and bathroom facilities without having to disturb the little ones asleep in the bedroom.
Breakfast each morning was great (FREE is always great for me). Scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, frenchtoast/hashbrowns/waffles (on rotation each day), dry cereal, oatmeal, bagels/toast. The breakfast area was simply lovely with a lounge feel, huge lit waterfall and a bar. The breakfast staff was absolutely top notch and friendly. My daughter turned 5 during our stay and when the friendly server heard it was her birthday she ran to the back of the kitchen quickly. She returned 5 minutes later with 3 other staff members, a slice of cheesecake with candles, a goody bad and starbucks mini hot cocoa for my daughter. The staff sang for her and made her feel super special. It was a truly unexpected and touching gesture. Also, room service was surprisingly reasonable in cost! The food was delicious and portions were generous; appetizers for $5 and light wraps/sandwiches for $9!
During the week we made use of the complimentary shuttle (a sleek black Tahoe) to travel to nearby points of interest. Though there is a limit to where the shuttle can travel, there are plenty of things to do and see nearby. The valet staff really exceeded my expectations here. Each day of our stay they assisted me and my two kids in roundtrip travel to local sights (aquarium, children's museum, etc); they even gladly wrangled the two car seats we brought each time. Whenever I called they were usually there to pick us up within 15 minutes and were always friendly and accommodating. I have to specifically thank Eric and Mason who went above and beyond in taking care of me and my girls during this week. It was truly a pleasure working with them.
I have no complaints whatsoever about this hotel. The staff made this long week simply a delight for me and my family and I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Denver, specifically those with families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great time at Magnolia. Have stayed all over Denver when visiting from Vail and always wanted to try Magnolia out. Have stayed at Monaco nearby, Teatro, Courtyard, Brown Palace, etc and this was a real fun Hotel and friendly staff which makes a difference. They upgraded up us immediately on first night when TV's to weren't functioning. Couldn't have worked out better, great room and view. Presidential Suite. Buffett breakfast much better than most and nice work out facility, plus the Hotel Car is a real treat for cold windy nights. Will stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Craig D
Reviewed April 15, 2013

For the excellent location and accommodations this hotel's rates are reasonable. They offer very nice extras such as breakfast, happy hour (free drinks) and cookies and milk in the evening. The breakfast is good and includes quite a few choices, not just continental. The location is great, right near the 16th Street Mall, and fairly easy to get to.

One issue is parking. There is a garage next door, but you must walk a bit around the building to get inside. Parking is somewhat expensive, but it's downtown, so that's to be expected.

It was quiet and comfortable, definitely a good place to stay downtown.

3  Thank Brian T