“A great option to stay in Downtown Denver”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #45 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at almost every Four-Star Hotel in downtown Denver and the Magnolia Hotel is my new favorite and offers much better rates than the other nearby Four-Star Hotels in downtown Denver. It is important to note that the location of the Hotels in downtown Denver will often reflect their prices (often at ridiculous rates at times). I learned that this was not true with the Magnolia Hotel which has a fantastic location off of 17th Street and is in walking distance to a huge variety of restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs, and shopping options. Due to the fact that shopping downtown can be tricky....I always prefer to leave my vehicle in a parking garage as much as possible. While many of the other Four-Star Hotels charge anywhere from $30-60 for parking....the parking garage at the Magnolia was under $20 a day. The rooms at the Magnolia are actually Suites which include: a living room with a fireplace, a small kitchen, a beautiful bedroom and a nice big bathroom (my bathroom had both a bathtub and a separate shower). Your stay at the Magnolia also includes a complimentary breakfast....which is actually very good. During my stay...I also received a few complimentary drinks (beer or wine) and complimentary milk and cookies in the evening time. Rates when I was here were around $145 and you may be eligible for discounts or special rates.

Room Tip: This is one of the Hotels that often has better rates available. Be sure to check with the hotel fo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,793)

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Breckinridge we wanted to party downtown, this hotel was the perfect home base. Right in the middle of the action the hotel was close to everything. We found a great bar that has live music every night that I would totally recommend called Appaloosa!
Beds were nice and comfy, room was dark and easy to sleep in. They had some nice little extras like cookies in the evening and breakfast in the morning that we slept through so I can't comment on that. If you like to play downtown in cities Denver was fun and this hotel was a great spot!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are nice but affordable. You would think being in the heart of downtown it would be noisy but, it was not. At night they have a great happy hour down in the bar and the breakfast is great. You can walk just about anywhere from here or catch the mall shuttle to go a bit further. We had a business meeting here and the meeting room was nice, although my only complaint was that it was hard to regulate the temperature. .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mtngyrl_10
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very convenient location. Great breakfast. Nice areas to hang out during a storm. Staff were all friendly. Rooms very comfortable. As with many downtown hotels, don't expect a scenic view. The free shuttle (SUV) was a nice bonus as it was raining when we wanted to go to dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel Denver has all the bells and whistles. The room and bed were amazing. I had the best nights' sleep in a hotel ever while staying at the Magnolia. I had a room on the 11th floor on the atrium - which means no view but quiet at night! The location of the Magnolia is perfect to wander around downtown with all the shops and restaurants. I didn't make it to the reception and I didn't wany any cookies but I did have breakfast in the lounge each morning. The free breakfast is fantastic and the lounge itself is beautiful. I highly recommend the Magnolia Hotel Denver to travelers and will definitely stay again should I be in Denver.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When my boyfriend came to Denver for the first time, we stayed in the Magnolia and it has become our favorite spot. The room rates are affordable enough that if we're going to be downtown for a special event, we just book a room there. The rooms are beautiful and the service is fantastic. The shuttle will take you just about anywhere downtown for free and the valet service is superb.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The experience at Magnolia was way above expectations until I checked out. They had only one person at the desk in the hour before their official check-out at 11AM. The line was six parties long and the wait a half hour - so I can pay them! Management, please take notice.

Room Tip: The suites are a great deal and very nice with a working fireplace. Check out early or by telephone...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple