“Perfect Downtown Denver hotel”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #35 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Fresno
“Perfect Downtown Denver hotel”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel Denver has all the bells and whistles. The room and bed were amazing. I had the best nights' sleep in a hotel ever while staying at the Magnolia. I had a room on the 11th floor on the atrium - which means no view but quiet at night! The location of the Magnolia is perfect to wander around downtown with all the shops and restaurants. I didn't make it to the reception and I didn't wany any cookies but I did have breakfast in the lounge each morning. The free breakfast is fantastic and the lounge itself is beautiful. I highly recommend the Magnolia Hotel Denver to travelers and will definitely stay again should I be in Denver.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When my boyfriend came to Denver for the first time, we stayed in the Magnolia and it has become our favorite spot. The room rates are affordable enough that if we're going to be downtown for a special event, we just book a room there. The rooms are beautiful and the service is fantastic. The shuttle will take you just about anywhere downtown for free and the valet service is superb.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Groton, CT
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The experience at Magnolia was way above expectations until I checked out. They had only one person at the desk in the hour before their official check-out at 11AM. The line was six parties long and the wait a half hour - so I can pay them! Management, please take notice.

Room Tip: The suites are a great deal and very nice with a working fireplace. Check out early or by telephone...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel rooms are very clean and the hotel staff were very nice .The cookie bar was a nice touch. Wished it stayed open longer. Breakfast had a good variety of food and coffee . We also parked at the hotel and they even let us stay Parking there after we checked out. I i would stay there again :))

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A wonderful experience. Clean room, clean and public places. Suites are big with many amenities.Very helpful staff who were willing to change the noisy refrigerator in the room,print out my boarding pass, and tell me where to buy my granddaughter a cowgirl shirt with pearl buttons (she was very specific) . Great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more light.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel was the best place I've stayed in Denver. Not only was it clean, comfortable and spacious, I was completely pampered. The entire staff from the front desk to the valet to the cleaning staff to the concierge treated me as though I was their most important customer. I loved the evening receptions and cookies and milk at night. I will definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We won a one night stay at the Magnolia during a promotion of the James Bond movie Skyfall. My wife and I had decided to spend this on the night of our wedding anniversary, during what was an otherwise nondescript weekend in Denver. The Magnolia has the feel of a chic, trendy, high-end hotel for the price of a room at the Sheraton.

Overall our experience was very good. The hotel itself and the ambiance was most excellent. We stayed in a fireplace suite, complete with kitchen, living and dining area. The appliances were dated and there was the lingering odor of cooking grease, but otherwise all was very good. The fireplace did emit a strong smell of natural gas when in use, so we discontinued its use for the remainder of our stay. By all appearance our room was very clean, outside street noise seemed to blend into the background. The night we were there, we took full advantage of the free happy hour, which is a real treat for guests. My critique of this event is that it begins rather unceremoniously without announcement and takes place in what's an already cramped lobby. This would be better served taking place downstairs in the dining/lounge area.

The included breakfast was fantastic. The staff working the area was friendly and accommodating, making sure guests were notified in advanced when buffet items were refreshed.

While the hotel has a personality of it's own, the staff doesn't do much to make the stay feel special. This isn't to say they were rude or not helpful, they in fact were cheerful and for the most part helpful. What the hotel itself held in character, something seemed lacking in the collective personality of the staff. This commentary extends to Harry's Bar and the attached Starbucks. Everyone's doing their job, and that's it. To be fair, many hotel chains have no personality at all whatsoever, expectations are elevated with the Magnolia.

In summary, the Magnolia is a fine hotel, and I would recommend it. While the lobby is a bit cramped during the happy hour, it is very welcoming and provides that intimate feel you should get when staying at a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple