Magnolia Hotel Denver
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,834 results
All reviewscookies and milkfireplace suiteharry's barhappy hourstreet mallwalk in closetbeer and winecocktail hourfree breakfastvalet parkinglight railseparate bedroomgreat downtown locationoatmealvalet serviceconvention centercoors field
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The experience at Magnolia was way above expectations until I checked out. They had only one person at the desk in the hour before their official check-out at 11AM. The line was six parties long and the wait a half hour - so I can pay them! Management, please take notice.

Room Tip: The suites are a great deal and very nice with a working fireplace. Check out early or by telephone because they are undewrstaffed at the desk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel rooms are very clean and the hotel staff were very nice .The cookie bar was a nice touch. Wished it stayed open longer. Breakfast had a good variety of food and coffee . We also parked at the hotel and they even let us stay Parking there after we checked out. I i would stay there again :))

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A wonderful experience. Clean room, clean and public places. Suites are big with many amenities.Very helpful staff who were willing to change the noisy refrigerator in the room,print out my boarding pass, and tell me where to buy my granddaughter a cowgirl shirt with pearl buttons (she was very specific) . Great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more light.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel was the best place I've stayed in Denver. Not only was it clean, comfortable and spacious, I was completely pampered. The entire staff from the front desk to the valet to the cleaning staff to the concierge treated me as though I was their most important customer. I loved the evening receptions and cookies and milk at night. I will definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We won a one night stay at the Magnolia during a promotion of the James Bond movie Skyfall. My wife and I had decided to spend this on the night of our wedding anniversary, during what was an otherwise nondescript weekend in Denver. The Magnolia has the feel of a chic, trendy, high-end hotel for the price of a room at the Sheraton.

Overall our experience was very good. The hotel itself and the ambiance was most excellent. We stayed in a fireplace suite, complete with kitchen, living and dining area. The appliances were dated and there was the lingering odor of cooking grease, but otherwise all was very good. The fireplace did emit a strong smell of natural gas when in use, so we discontinued its use for the remainder of our stay. By all appearance our room was very clean, outside street noise seemed to blend into the background. The night we were there, we took full advantage of the free happy hour, which is a real treat for guests. My critique of this event is that it begins rather unceremoniously without announcement and takes place in what's an already cramped lobby. This would be better served taking place downstairs in the dining/lounge area.

The included breakfast was fantastic. The staff working the area was friendly and accommodating, making sure guests were notified in advanced when buffet items were refreshed.

While the hotel has a personality of it's own, the staff doesn't do much to make the stay feel special. This isn't to say they were rude or not helpful, they in fact were cheerful and for the most part helpful. What the hotel itself held in character, something seemed lacking in the collective personality of the staff. This commentary extends to Harry's Bar and the attached Starbucks. Everyone's doing their job, and that's it. To be fair, many hotel chains have no personality at all whatsoever, expectations are elevated with the Magnolia.

In summary, the Magnolia is a fine hotel, and I would recommend it. While the lobby is a bit cramped during the happy hour, it is very welcoming and provides that intimate feel you should get when staying at a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple