“The Accommodation Gem of Denver”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #36 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Wollongong, Australia
“The Accommodation Gem of Denver”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was my first visit to Denver and to stay in a gem of a property like this just iced the cake. I have stayed in many properties around the world and although I may have stayed in a better rooms this hotel would clearly get my top overall rating. Rooms very nice and roomy, the staff were just outstanding, could not do enough to help you. Even the bar staff were wonderful, and serve a very reasonable meal, something I did not expect with a late evening arrival. All the 'little extras' took this hotel stay to a new level (chocolate milk and cookies in the evening, just a small examle). All the things you normally pay for were complimentary. The hotel's location is great, less then a minute from 16 St Mall. This is truly a 5 Star PLUS property with 6 star service.

Room Tip: The view etc is not really available and totally unnecessary. This hotel just has so many pluses I w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good location for walking to almost anywhere downtown. The room was comfortable and well appointed- loved the bathroom style. I didn't get a chance to partake in the cocktail hour or milk/cookies hour, but both are great touches. The staff was very helpful- from front desk to the bellman. Only complaints... $23 per day for parking seems a bit steep to me. Housekeeping seemed a bit lacking. While the room was clean, I didn't get stay-over service and I stayed two nights. I also visited the bar & wasn't too impressed with the ambiance or service there. Overall & for the price, this hotel is a great place to stay in downtown Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The concierge (Erin) was so helpful and knowledgeable. She recommended a great restaurant: (Blue Sushi) and made a hair appointment for me at Tousled Beauty Salon on Champa.
I also appreciated the emails before our arrival to ask if we needed anything.
Great place to stay, right in the heart of downtown Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a revisit to Denver for us & having stayed at the Magnolia on our previous visit we had no hestiation in staying here again. We booked a suite for both our inbound & outbound stays as the extra space seemed to offer good value for money.
On our Inbound stay we were allocated a suite on the 11th floor which offered city views, the living area, kitchen & bathroom were all spacious but in the bedroom the kingsize bed was placed so close to the window and there was very little space to navigate around the bed, most noticeable when visiting the bathroom through the night, so much so that the curtains came with you when you tried to get around. There was also a walkway immediately outside the bedroom window which infringed on our privacy when workmen walked past.
On our outbound stay we were on the 3rd floor, the kitchen area was quite dated but well equipped ,the fridge was very noisy and could be heard throughout the rooms. As with our previous suite the layout of the bedroom again meant inadequate space to enable one of us to get in/out of bed comfortably as it was positioned right next to the window with only the minimum of walk around space.
The 3rd floor was not an ideal place to stay, we were woken at about 5:30 am with the traffic noise, trams & emergency sirens attending an incident across the street. Granted one should expect a certain level of noise in city centre, however a higher level floor would alleviate a great deal of street noise.
What makes this hotel attractive is the amenities on offer, free breakfast, complimentary bar, milk & cookies.
The staff we encoutered were all very pleasant & attentive and the central location of the hotel would certainly attract us back again, however I think I'd have to lower my expectations of the accommodation on offer or perhaps compare alternatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room/suite on the 10th/11th floor for less street noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in Denver for a three day conference and this was the hotel that my colleagues and I stayed at. Situated about 5-10 minutes away from the Convention Center, the location can't be beat. You're close to many good restaurants as well. Staff are extremely friendly (in particular, Erin, the Lead Concierge). The rooms are well-appointed and clean, albeit a bit dated. Wi-fi is relatively choppy in the guest rooms, but I used the Ethernet cable without any issues. The complimentary evening drinks and cookies are real bonuses!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Excellent hotel with wonderful staff that are very knowledgeable and attentive. The milk and cookies every evening and breakfast every morning were greatly appreciated by our entire team. A team of 12 people stayed here and we hosted a client reception in the downstairs private bar with pool tables and it was perfect. Everyone enjoyed their stay and the party was a hit. I would highly recommend this hotel in the heart of downtown Denver and walking distance to the Colorado Convention Center and many great restaurants, shopping and sites. I don't believe there was a pool or spa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TMC777
Orem, Utah
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm a fan of boutique-style hotels and the Magnolia is no exception. There are quite a few in the greater downtown Denver area but the Magnolia is my favorite. It's nice to enter off of the street so you are not exposed to the traffic and the elements when you check in. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The suites are spacious and well appointed, including full kitchens. You can tell this was formerly an apartment building. Full breakfast buffet is included and a nice complimentary happy hour in the afternoon as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business