“Fantastic!”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #85 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We ended up here due to a family emergency and needed easy access to the airport. Staying at the Crowne Plaza was just what we needed to gather our thoughts, relax, and get ready for the return trip, The customer service is delivered at such a high level here. Thank you to all of your staff for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you sharing with us your experience and we hope to see you again in the future, perhaps under more relaxing circumstances.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice Crown Plaza with all one expects from this level of Holiday Inn Hotels. That made us optimistic about staying in and dining in the restaurant. Our first clue should have been how few tables were occupied at 6:30 PM. Staff was lethargic and snippy. My 3 companions said their food was very average. My chicken was so dry and overcooked it was inedible. It is just too convenient to not eat breakfast before taking the shuttle to the airport, but don't expect any higher quality than every other Holiday Inn breakfast buffet.

Hello Cheryl,

I want to say thank you for your feedback of the hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am, however, disappointed to hear about your dissatisfaction with our restaurant. We are very proud that we have a chef-inspired menu and a head chef who has been featured on national television for his abilities. We will definitely be addressing your issues with the restaurant staff and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived after 11 p.m. via the hotel's complimentary shuttle from Denver airport, exhausted after traveling ten hours. There was a bit of confusion at check-in because no one appeared to be staffing the IHG priority desk. We were second in line though, so didn't wait long.
The desk clerk was all smiles as she congratulated us on our honeymooning in Colorado and sent us off to our room on the sixth floor. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous, so we were confident that we'd like our room. But we were amazed upon opening the door to Room 636 to discover that our king room reservation had been upgraded to a king suite. It must have been 800 square feet, with a separate bedroom and living area, a kitchen and full size dining room table, and TWO bathrooms !
We'd barely gotten our luggage inside the door, when Room Service knocked, to our surprise. We hadn't even had time to think about food. We opened the door to find champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, compliments of Mr. Dave Fulton, the hotel's assistant manager of guest services. We were absolutely astounded at such a lovely gesture.
The suite was exquisite. We donned the hotel's bathrobes and slippers and checked out the amenities.
Crowne Plaza provides Temple Spa toiletries, which are quite lovely. But I really appreciated the aromatherapy Sleep Tight kit, including Repose resting cream, Quietude calming mist, and Aaahhh essential oils for aching feet.
The bed and pillows were divine ... slurped us in for blissful sleep, and the room darkening curtains were perfect for sleeping late.
Wi-Fi connection was good (and free). I love all the little extras at Crowe Plaza, but especially the make-up mirror. Almost no other hotel group provides this amenity. I also like their policy of providing free personal care items if you forget something, i.e. a toothbrush, razor, etc.
The location is very convenient - a block from I-70 and within 15 minutes of the airport.
I've always enjoyed my stays at Crowne Plazas in the U.S. and Europe, but Mr. Fulton wins the award for best customer service, hands down ! If we'd known in advance what a beautiful facility this is, we might have booked an entire week here. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy to have had the opportunity to provide you and your significant other with a memorable and enjoyable night stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for the kind review!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was at the CP Denver August 7-13, 2013, and it was one of the most pleasant experiences in travel I have ever had. Specifically, the restaurant management and staff helped start my day each morning with laughter, kindness and genuine interest in me and my coming day. I ate breakeast in the restaurant each morning alone and after the first mrning, I looked forward to seeing the ladies. The seminar I was attending offered a cash and carry option fron the restaurant for lunch, so I encontered the same glorious people again at that time.
Kathy, the manager, was friendly, funny and went above anything that was necessary to ensure I was taken care of. I witnesseed her help her wait staff with every task, minor and glamourous with a smile. Latonya, my wait-person each mornig was a bright spot of kindness, smiles and concern for me as I was traveling alone. She took time to make conversation, and remembered morning to morning all the details. These two incredible ladies deserve to be recognized for their obvious dedication and representation to the Crowne Plaza. I hope to travel there again soon!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask which view you'll be getting!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate any and all feedback, but of course we are very happy when the feedback is positive. We look forward to having you again in the future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks on business. After a string of bad stays in Jacksonville, it was refreshing to stay at a hotel that is listed at 3 1/2 stars, and really be a 3 1/2 star hotel. Hotel was nice and clean. My stay was comfortable. Food was good. Staff was pleasant. No complaints. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza DIA. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here because we like to use a park/fly/sleep package, and this appeared to be a good one. Hotel is all right, nothing special, needs some TLC, but it's ok. However, the front desk and/or the shuttle driver didn't bother to let us know that the shuttle had changed where they pick up passengers returning to the hotel. After sitting outside for 45 minutes for a shuttle that supposedly ran every 30 minutes, we called the hotel, and were told that we were on the wrong side of the airport...we'd used the same hotel a month previously and had been picked up right outside of baggage claim. So we had to trundle through the airport to the other side, and I'm guessing we just missed the shuttle because we waited nearly half an hour there. The snippy nasty attitude of the desk clerk when I called didn't help any, either. Instead of being able to get out of the airport in time to take my boss to a nice 50th anniversary dinner, we settled for pizza.

Room Tip: Write down who you talked to about the shuttle and what they said!

Hello Srussel,

I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while trying to take the shuttle from DIA to the Crowne Plaza at DIA. Unfortunately, DIA is currently undergoing a significant amount of construction, resulting in some changes to our shuttle services that are out of our control.

We urge all of our guests utilizing the park and fly package to please call the hotel to obtain details about the shuttle. If, at any time, you feel that the shuttle is running behind, please call the hotel immediately. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks of training and i had a GREAT experience. The staff was very professional, polite and accomodating. The food was really good for as I call it hotel food. We used the conference area for our classes and it was set up very well. The lobby is very spacious with many couches and areas to relax in. I would stay at the hotel again since overall I had a GREAT experience. Great job guys and girls !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello Carl Z,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent 2-week stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to write this positive review for us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Don Woodin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!