“not impressed”

Ranked #83 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“not impressed”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel. I arrived at the hotel later in the evening, and I was ignored by many of the staff while I waited for someone to check me in. When someone finally noticed me they were not very friendly. When we got to our room it had a weird smell and was very cramped. Luckly we were not staying there long, we checked out early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review,

I want to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I will be addressing your comments about the staff in our next meeting. It is our goal to consistently provide a welcoming, relaxing and comfortable atmosphere to our guests and I apologize that you did not have this experience during your visit. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Don Woodin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Pasadena, California, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a connecting flight to Denver, and due to weather didn't make it into Denver until after my connection. Since there was alot of this going on, everyone was scrambling for hotels. My fiance called around to a few places, and finally called the Crowne Plaza. She spoke with Will on the phone, and he was EXTREMELY helpful! He worked with her to get me the room I needed for the night. Everyone there was nice and helpful as well, but Will went above and beyond to acquire accommodations for me. As anyone who has been in the situation knows, it is a frustrating process calling 10 hotels for a room. Will eased the frustration as soon as he answered! Thanks and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to pass your kind words on to Will, and I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate you during a frustrating time.
We hope to see you again in the future, under more favorable circumstances.

Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We flew into Denver late at night and stayed here before traveling in the morning. Front desk staff were terrific, hotel lobby areas are beautiful. We had breakfast in the restaurant, which was delicious. (The server messed up my order slightly but it was not a big deal and I did not draw her attention to it.) Comfortable beds. Clean, nice room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review!

We are glad that you enjoyed your (short) stay with us! I apologize that your meal was not perfect, but am glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.
We hope to see you again soon, perhaps for a longer stay!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We missed our connecting flight in Denver due to the weather in Durango. We had never stayed at a Crowne Plaza so we didn't know what to expect. The lobby was very nice and the rooms were updated and clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and provided free shuttle to the airport. There is a lot of fast food and convenience stores within walking distance. We there less than 10 hours so didn't do much at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if the situation should arise again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the short time that you were here. We pride ourselves in our conveniences including free WIFI, free airport shuttle and free parking and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of what we have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Safe travels,
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is large, part of a convention center, but the employees were personal and helpful, greeting us every time we saw them. The room was lovely, up-to-date, comfortable and quiet. Best of all, they have a shuttle service to the airport and you can leave your car at the hotel for a reasonable fee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Julie L,

We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza DIA. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Safe travels,
Wyoming
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I bid on a 3.5 star room on Priceline and got a room at the Crowne. I have stayed here before and would again. But probably not at full price. My room was clean and comfortable but it is definitely a little older with the lower ceilings in the hall. My room was on the side by a highway and was pretty noisy. There was a hole in the carpet in the bedroom, which honestly didn't bother me because the carpet looked clean. The staff was very friendly and I actually ordered room service and had great service. For a 3.5 star hotel I would expect no holes in the carpet and a little more luxury but overall I was pleased. The internet was free and there was plenty of parking so that was a big plus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your review,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. While we do have an older property, we have taken many efforts to update the rooms and amenities so that we can be sure to provide a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere to our guests. Again, we thank you for your review!

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was expecting something less convenient and more run down when I got here, so was pleasantly surprised when it turned out overall very positive. The rooms were big and comfortable, the greeting and treatment at the check in desk was superb. There was always (and I came back and forth at all times of the day-evening) someone or two persons available to help with questions, and they did so very cheerfully. What was really nice is that seemed to really take into the account that as a priority club gold member one should be recognized as such. this is rarely done correctly.
I liked the fact that there was both a pool and whirlpool that, though small, was perfectly warm and I felt comfortable there. The buffet breakfast was not the best that I have had in a crowne plaza, but it was good, and, again, the service was excellent. The only bad part was getting to the place. The gps navigation system did not like the confused layout of the highways and 40th street and the like, and I did not either, as it took a couple of days to really know where one was. And also, with the clogging of the freeway, the alternate routes took me through some really less than desirable parts of the city, and I felt very uncomfortable. But all and all, a very good trip and experience.

Room Tip: No tips. The rooms were all fine and had good water pressure and bathtub and shower, so I was very h...