“Not the best, but defintiely not the worst”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #85 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am a Marriott Rewards person. My company doesnt have a contract for a lot of hotels in Denver, since its not a big operation. But I had to stay in Denver for one night and the Crowne Plaza was what was available. When I arrived at DIA, I waited for about 20 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Once on the shuttle, we drove what seemed forever. Which of course is normal for DIA, since its out in the middle of nowhere to begin with. Once we arrived at the hotel, there was one person checking in with about 10 people in front of me. Within about 10 minutes, two managers came out and the line sped up. I got to my room and immediately headed towards the air conditioner. I turned it on low and turned the temperature all the way down. It never got cool. My cool I mean it never got below 70, which is to hot for me. But since I was only there for the night, I didnt call to complain. I just dealt with it. Overall its not bad.. the rooms seemed to be clean, beds were not awesome, but definitely sleep worthy.

Room Tip: some rooms face the inside atrium... so be careful if your curtains are open
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review,

I want to apologize that the air conditioner in your room was not functioning to the level it should have been! We encourage our guests to let us know about these issues so that we can fix them immediately, otherwise we may not be aware of the malfunction.

We would love for you to share what room you were staying in so that we can check that all amenities are running properly, if you are okay with sharing additional information with us, please email DENAU@jqh.com with your stay information.

Thank you again for your time in reviewing us.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The people knew me by name when I arrived even after 10 pm. The room temperature was fit for a human rather than ready to hang meat when I arrived at my room. The bar tender was friendly without being chummy. The breakfast in the morning was reasonable and rapid. The lunch service was priced right and delivered speedily. I can't say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for your review!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as we sure enjoyed having you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The week before Christmas; It's already hectic enough, but when you combine a business trip, visiting family, plus weather & airport delays, you might as well put your blood pressure on speed dial. What made it bearable? My stay at Crowne Plaza Denver Internat'l Airport. Check-in was a snap, the food was excellent, and room service was, I think, the best I've ever experienced. Here's how I know it's not a fluke. The evening I was to check-out & leave for the airport, there was a power outage in our part of Denver due to a traffic accident. That's when they stepped it up a notch. With no prompting on my part, they came & got me, escourted me downstairs to checkout, made sure the airport shuttle was there in plenty of time, and got me on my way. It's a shame Crown Plaza Denver isn't in all my travel destinations. Five Star.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hello,

We are so very pleased to hear about your experience at the Crowne Plaza DIA. It is our goal to provide a relaxing, comfortable and hassle-free stay to our guests as many are traveling for business.

We thank you for the kind words and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked this hotel as I just needed a place to stay before heading off to a Colorado ski adventure. The staff was very warm and welcoming, the room was clean and orderly, and the bed was comfortable. I am sure there are more exciting locations if you are actually visiting Denver but I would stay here again if I was transferring through Denver International Airport again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review!

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We do our best to try and offer a comfortable stay to our guests, as many are traveling through DIA.

We hope you enjoyed your Colorado ski adventure and we look forward to seeing you again!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel prior to a flight. We live several hours from the airport and often have to come to Denver the night prior to our outbound flight. We always hope for a clean hotel room that's quiet--for that pre-flight good night's sleep. That's exactly what we got. Check in was quick and efficient. All staff were very nice and helpful. The pool was closed, but they offered to shuttle us to another property to swim. There are several restaurants (Outback, Applebees, Ted's Montana Grill, Uno, and a few fast food places) within a few blocks of the hotel. The hotel is located in Gateway park, which is farther from the airport than the Tower Road hotels. Plan on adding 10 minutes or so to your drive to the airport from the hotel (as opposed to Tower road). The airport also has an airport shuttle. We stayed here previously, and the electricity had been out. That stay didn't go well for us, for the staff, or for anyone else staying at the hotel. They redeemed themselves on this stay. We plan on staying there again next week.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that the experience you had at our hotel this time around made up for the previous time when we had electricity issues. Last year we went through a major renovation to try and ensure the satisfaction of all of our guests.

We hope to see you again in the near future,
Sincerely

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I ended up at the Crowne Plaza after we missed a connecting flight out of the Denver airport. We had to stay the night...so we were not happy. We selected the Crowne Plaza since we recognized and trusted the name and frankly we were not up for any more surprises. We were so thankful that after our rough day of travel (delays, missed flights, waiting for luggage) we had this hotel. After settling into our room, we had room service ordered. It was delivered quickly and scarfed down hungrily. Thank you! And the bed? It was a salvation to the day. The staff also reserved us a place on their airport shuttle the next morning and got us to the airport with plenty of time to make our flight.
The lobby and lounge was beautiful. The waterfall was something I've only seen in tropical vacation resorts. It made me almost wish we were staying longer than a night. Having the breakfast buffet by the waterfall would have been great!
Thank you for making the best of a bad situation! It was appreciated!

Hello and thank you for your review,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and we truly appreciate the feedback. We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again, and that you have the opportunity to eat the breakfast buffet next to the water feature in our hotel!

Safe travels,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just returned from a 3 day trip and conference at the Crowne Plaza DIA and absolutely enjoyed my stay. My room was a great value for the price, and the service at this hotel is outstanding. Every employee I encountered was courteous, friendly and helpful. Yes, the rooms show a bit of wear and tear (the ceiling above my tub was leaking from the floor above me and looked like it might cave in), but the bed was wonderful as were the amenities. I ate several meals at the hotel, both through room service and dining at the Terrace Cafe, and the food was excellent. A word to the wise: you have to call for the shuttle to pick you up from the airport, it doesn't automatically circle around for pickups like some of the other hotel shuttles! I learned that little lesson the hard way! The shuttle even agreed to take me down the street to Outback and picked me up promptly (for free!). Awesome hotel, and fantastic staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Hi Miranda,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

We would like to look further into the ceiling of the room that you were staying in due to your comments about the wear and tear in the bathroom. If you could, please email us some more details about your stay at DENAU@Jqh.com.

Thank you again!
Safe Travels,
Don Woodin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!