“Yucky carpet and bathroom”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #83 of 157 Hotels in Denver
“Yucky carpet and bathroom”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We got stuck in Xmas snow mess and had to stay over in Denver. Unfortunately chose the crowne plaza. 40$ cab ride to get there (an "airport hotel" ) because shuttle never came. The lobby was nice, restaurant nice, bed linens nice, but the carpets were ancient and that grosses me out. Also the bathroom looked 1970s and - I kid you not -- there was the remains of an old no stick tub mat still in the bottom of the tub. Oh well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year and thank you for your review,

I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire hotel for the carpet and bathroom in your room that you were less than satisfied with. We recently underwent a major renovation to update a majority of the amenities in our hotel, and we are working to continue to improve our hotel to meet our guest standards.

We will be looking into the major items that you were dissatisfied with while determining our next major improvements for the hotel. We hope that these items will not deter you from staying with the Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport in the future.

Have a wonderful 2013,
Don Woodin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My daughter and I spent the weekend at the Crowne Plaza to participate in a dance convention at the adjoining convention center. The stay was all we could wish for - clean, organized, responsive and friendly staff, and affordable. Give it a try, you'll come away satisfied!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hello and thank you for your positive review!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that your convention went well!

Safe travels,
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 25, 2012

arrived 11/24, checked out 11/25. dirty room, musty smelly room. air or heat was noisy. live insects on the bathroom floor. dirty floor under bathroom sink. requested a 5:10 am wake up call when we checked in on novenber 24th, luckily we got up early enough to make our flight, did not get a wake up call. this is another fine example of a overrated hotel in the priceline system.
dont waste your money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for your honest review.

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel and your missed wake-up call. We take reviews from our guests very seriously and we strive to consistently offer a positive, relaxing and enjoyable experience to our guests. That being said, we would love to connect with you offline to discuss the issues that you mentioned here so that we may personally apologize and invite you back to our hotel to experience what it is that we can offer.

Please call the hotel at your earliest convenience, (303) 371-9494 and ask for me, Don Woodin, General Manager of Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport.

Thank you and again, I apologize for your unpleasant experience.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Service was awesome! Restaurant food was delicious! Staff was freindly and very helpful. The studios were very spacious with lots of room to host meetings. It was convenient to have the convention center in the same building. Long hallways, but better than having to drive or expense a cab.

Room Tip: Rooms were very clean and pretty views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I attended a conference held at the Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport, arriving on Monday and departing on Thursday. I booked a rom for those at the hotel because the conference was held in the hotel's convention center, and the conference host negotiated aroom rate of $105 per night. My room had two double beds, a desk, dresser, a microwave and a refrigerator. There was padded area on the dresser that could be used as a bench seat or to hold a suitcase. There was a large empty areanear the window where an easy chair or even a small couch could have been placed.

I talked to my colleagues who also stayed in the hotel, and some rooms had a couch or chair, others did not have a microwave or refrigerator. I suggest asking the desk when you check in if any of these items are important to you and are in your room.

Overall, the room and its furnishing were in good shape. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was firm but comfortable. There were four pillows on each bed with varying firmness. The shower provided plenty of hot water and good pressure.

Many even-numbered rooms face into the hotel common area. My room on the second floor overlooked the restaurant. I was never bothered by any noise, but rooms closer to the bar might have that problem. The bar closes at 11 or midnight. There are heavy drapes behind the window sheers to block the light.

If you know the Denver airport, you know that it's quite a distance from anything. Fortunately, the hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport. I didn't need a car for this trip, so the shuttle was very convenient.

As I mentioned, the hotel has a restaurant and a bar. I ate at the restaurant several times, and I ate at a breakfast meeting and a banquet dinner. The food was fine overall. Everything was prepared well and tasted good. It's not haute cuisine, but that's not what I expected. There are some restaurants within walking distance: KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Qdoba, Subway.

Internet access in the room and in the meeting rooms was great. I had no problems.

I am pleased with my stay at the Crowne Plaza. The negotiated group rate was particularly good. The hotel itself is a good choice for business functions and business stays. I would stay here again. I gave this hotel a 4 because I reserve a full 5 for truly outstanding experiences. (CS)

Room Tip: Many even-numbered rooms face into the lobby. Not all rooms have a couch, side chair, refrigerator o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelerChriss
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your in-depth review of our hotel. We have taken note of the inconsistencies that you mentioned in your review so that we can further identify which items to look for specifically. We recently went through a major renovation, which may have led to some of the inconsistencies you experienced.

We are glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and free WIFI. We hope to see you and your colleagues again in the future.

Vail, Colorado
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

This is not a five star hotel but I gave it five stars because when I compare it to others that I have stayed at in the area it is much nicer. I have stayed here twice and both time got a great rate on Hotwire.
It is clean. It is quiet. It has room service. The beds and pillows and towels are good quality. The room decor is very nice. I think you can buy a fly and park package but I would hesitate and park at the airport in Pikes Peak lot for a similar price. Not that the hotel is in a bad area but the parking lot is big and not secured.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review!

We appreciate the five stars and the acknowledgment of our cleanliness, service and decor. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Safe travels,
Boulder, CO
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I needed a place for one night due to an early flight out of DIA and this is where Hotwire put me for a 3 1/2 star hotel. My room had been recently updated and it was sparkling clean, nicely furnished and had premium bedding. I would have preferred to be closer to the airport on Tower Road but it still was only about a 15 minute drive, so ended up being no big deal. The only downside was that the A/C did not do a great job of cooling the room and I could only turn down the thermostat to 65 degrees. It was not terrible but just a bit on the warm side. I've been pleasantly surprised recently with Crowne Plazas. They seem to be going through an upgrade and this place was very comfortable overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your review!

We have recently gone through a renovation and we are very glad that you noticed the upgrades that we've made to our hotel and amenities.

I apologize for the A/C issue that you experienced. As winter approaches we will be checking all A/C and furnace units in the rooms so that we can be sure that our guests have a comfortable stay.

Again, thank you! We rely on our guest feedback to help us continuously provide excellent customer service and a positive atmosphere.

Don Woodin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!