“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #83 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Boulder, CO
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I needed a place for one night due to an early flight out of DIA and this is where Hotwire put me for a 3 1/2 star hotel. My room had been recently updated and it was sparkling clean, nicely furnished and had premium bedding. I would have preferred to be closer to the airport on Tower Road but it still was only about a 15 minute drive, so ended up being no big deal. The only downside was that the A/C did not do a great job of cooling the room and I could only turn down the thermostat to 65 degrees. It was not terrible but just a bit on the warm side. I've been pleasantly surprised recently with Crowne Plazas. They seem to be going through an upgrade and this place was very comfortable overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review!

We have recently gone through a renovation and we are very glad that you noticed the upgrades that we've made to our hotel and amenities.

I apologize for the A/C issue that you experienced. As winter approaches we will be checking all A/C and furnace units in the rooms so that we can be sure that our guests have a comfortable stay.

Again, thank you! We rely on our guest feedback to help us continuously provide excellent customer service and a positive atmosphere.

Don Woodin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a couple nights for a conference, nice clean hotel. Attractive water feature in the main area, with a bar nearby. I didn't get a chance to try the on-site diner but I looked @ the menu & it seemed very nice. Room was clean & spacious, staff was nice, airport shuttle was prompt. Not too much nearby, but that is to be expected I believe being an executive style hotel close to DIA.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank John P
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hi John,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza at DIA. We recently went through a renovation to update the appearance of our hotel and amenities and we are glad that you found our hotel nice and clean, as well as attractive.

We hope that you will stay with us again and try the on-site diner, as we have an extraordinary chef. Check in on Facebook and Foursquare to receive specials in the restaurant on-site.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Due to late check-in after flight delays, our room was "taken" and we had to spend the first night in a room meant for much shorter people (I am 6'5") on a bed that was far too small. Dave Fulton, Assistant Guest Services Manager, corrected the problem the next morning as we are here for another six days. Our room with king bed was made available...thanks to Dave's action and professionalism. No hotel is perfect...but Dave worked to correct the problem and make things right.

Room Tip: Talk to Dave Fulton to find out what is best for you...he took great care of us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your review,

We truly appreciate any and all feedback and we are pleased to hear that Dave Fulton, our Assistant Guest Services Manager, took care of you and showed you the exceptional customer service that we expect from all of our staff.

We apologize that your room was not available upon your arrival, however I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us.

We hope to see you again,
Safe travels,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went to the hotel with my wife we and a very good time the employees ware very friendly and nice. The Hotle was clean and upto date with style. The food was also very good from the room service. The general manager was a very very nice person I think his name is Don, and we wrote this to give him and his staff a thanks for all the good service that we had received that night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hi Robert,

Thank you for you review, we truly appreciate the open acknowledgement and the kind words. We rely on our guest feedback to help us continuously provide excellent customer service and a positive atmosphere.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed with a large group of work associates. The staff were fantastic. Room was nice and comfortable. Bed was just right with a nice selection of pillows. Impressive looking lobby, nice waterfall and the pool area and gym were state of the art. Great job!!!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron H
Hello and thank you for your review Ron!

We greatly appreciate the positive review. We recently underwent a rather large renovation and we are glad to see that our upgrade to our facilities haven't gone unnoticed.

Again, thank you for sharing.

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I often don't book my first night stay before I fly out as overbook flights is more common these days. I just grabbed my bag and hoped on a hotel shuttle--happened to be this hotel. Booked online on my laptop in the lobby while the other van guest checked in. I got a Platinum priority club welcome gift of a free free at the bar and free breakfast and free wifi. The room while nice looking smelly really bad-like the carpet was cleaned and never let the moisture air out so it got that stale steam cleaned carpet smell, was thinking to put up with it but knew it would give a headach by AM. The smell was strong but I have had worse smells at other hotels like gross smells, this was more damp older hotel type smell so not gross. I went to the desk, I'm nice about stuff like this if it wasn't the front desk staff fault. They responded really well and got me a bit bigger room on a higher floor--very awesome. I ate across street I think it was AW-KFC? Not the best food. I stopped at the bar and got my free beer, bartender woman was responsive but gave the impression she was on something she shouldn't be at work-might be wrong about this. Not really anybody picks this Hotel, it seems when airline have problems getting people out they use this and also use this for the flight crew. I met a hot one in the elevator and hit it off, good chat- if I was hotter prolly could have scored!. Breakfast was nice- if not for the coupon wouldn't have paid to eat there as it was spendy. Expect 15 incl tip if you eat there. Based on my experience I would have given it a 5. But there was 2 other people I witnessed complain about something. The hotel is tired with low holways with pleny of wear. If you are are platinum priority club paying guest you might luck out and have a great stay. Airline cut rate contract guests are pretty much getting a barely acceptable room since hotel has to use that marketing method to keep occupancy up. Tradional guests are prolly at nice hilton garden or hyatt airport as those seem to be more modern. Van drivers are nice too:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hello,

Thank you for your very detailed review of your stay at our facility. I apologize for the "damp" smell that you experienced in your assigned room, prior to moving, and we are looking into what room you may have been in and where that may have come from. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the second option offered to you.

We are consistently updating our hotel amenities and atmosphere so that we can offer the best stay possible to our Platinum Priority Club members, and we thank you for the feedback.

Safe travels,
Sincerely-
Winter Park, Colorado
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline, and it was the second time I had stayed there. It's comfortable and clean, but feels a little dated in the atrium area. I did not use the exercise room, but I looked inside, and it was well-equipped for a hotel. I had a nice salmon salad that was reasonably priced in the bar. The first time I stayed here, I had a room fronting the interstate, and I could hear the trucks at night. This time I requested a room not facing the interstate. If you stay there, do request a room facing the atrium. The bed was comfortable; the room was about what you would expect for a Crowne Plaza. I couldn't give it four stars; it just wasn't upscale enough to merit four stars. I would give it 3 1/2.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the atrium, not the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Don W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Margaret,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that our cleanliness met your expectations and we want all of our patrons to know that we are continuously updating our hotel amenities, including the atrium area. We hope that through our continuous updates and renovations, we will merit a higher rating from you in the future. It is our goal to exceed expectations and provide a comfortable and relaxing stay to all of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Safe travels.

Don Woodin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!