“Nice respite after a long road trip”

Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Ranked #83 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Bakersfield, California
“Nice respite after a long road trip”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Pleasantly surprised at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We arrived quite late at night and we were checked into our room within 15 minutes of arrival. The room smelled a bit dingy but we did receive the last room at a very good rate so I wont complain too much. Nicely appointed, clean linens and bathroom.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The good and the bad:

We stayed here for two nights to participate in a conference. The hotel was nice and the room was clean. The room had no fridge or microwave. The TV was a nice flat screen. The beds were comfortable.

My only complaint was that when we arrived at 7:30 p.m. our room was not ready. We were told that the room was occupied by airline personnel whose flights were delayed. The front desk manager said that the airline employees were catching an airport shuttle at 8:30 p.m. and that they would have the room cleaned and ready for us by 9:00 p.m. I understand that the airline industry is big business for this hotel, but we still paid for a room that we were not able to get in to. I am SO glad we didn't arrive at 4:00 p.m. The desk manager gave us a $50 dollar voucher to use at the hotel restaurant, although they wouldn't deduct the $50 from the hotel bill instead. When we used the voucher the waitress wasn't allowed to get cash back as part of her tip, so we still spend another $8.00 dollars we shouldn't have had to.

Another family who had reserved two rooms had the same problem we had and had driven through the night to get to the hotel. They just sat in the atrium for an hour and a half looking exhausted. They were also given the $50 dollar food voucher.

When we used the pool we found it out of towels, although they restocked them quickly after we called.

Overall, it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed, but it certainly wasn't the best. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Attended a seminar/trade show here - unfortunately to get to it you had to walk a quarter mile around the building corridors - the place is huge! The daytime desk staff were fabulous, helpful and treated me as a valued guest. The girls in the bar the first night was also on par. The restaurant staff however, especially in the a.m. obviously had other places they'd rather be. As a gold priority club member I was given an upgrade - inc. comfy robe & slippers which I always appreciate and 2 complimentary arrival drinks. I was feeling pretty darn special. They've put in new air conditioning units into the rooms on the floor I stayed but mine faltered and woke me up in 76 degrees around 1am ~ they moved me to another room - inconvenient but luckily same floor just two doors down. Restaurant food was ok. Not much around to eat without transportation. I have to add that the Crowne Plaza Name Hotel is consistent through out the US it seems so far for better quality affordable comfort and decent customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a business conferance for 12 nights. The rooms were well appointed and clean. The staff was very attentive and the service in the restuarant and bar was excellant. Over all a fine stay. The drinks were a little pricey, but Hotel bar drinks usually are a little more costly.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor Atrium view rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2011

i came over to vist the childrens hospital and the rockey mountians the staff was very helpfull place's to vist , what bus's to catch ect also frr transport and pick up from airport and hospital bus staishion , also when my buggey got in from next flight from uk as they forget it

therooms was very nice and also lett me leave suitcase while i was at rockey mountins , we had a fab stay and join the pirorty club witch is worth joing as you get free drink ,

the only problem i had but was sorted out very fast makeing my babys bottles as i had to wait for hot water to call and take it up in the lift

free internet as well

would stay again xx

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was at the Crowne Plaza in mid-April for a conference. They have a shuttle that will transfer you to and from the airport and will also take you to a few local shopping areas. I had forgotten a few items and they took me to a Target (at Northfield Mall...nice outdoor mall) and picked me up as well. I would suggest making these arrangements in advance as they sometimes run behind schedule. The rooms were adequate, but not as nice as other crowne plazas I've been to. They are, however, in the process of remodeling (I think it was a Holiday Inn before), so it should be much nicer when that is complete. Since I was at a conference, the hotel catered the meals and all of the food was wonderful (except the tiramisu). At other hotels I've been to, the food choices don't change that much and it gets monotonous. I would definitely suggest this hotel and would stay there again if need be.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank drn76
USA
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We booked through Hotwire for 2 adults and 2 children one day prior to arrival. Yet, upon check-in, we were told that the double bed rooms were sold out. We were then given a room with one bed an a pull-out sofa with a 2 inch mattress which was impossible to get a night's rest for 2 out of 4 travelers. A blow-up mattress would have been better...
It is not acceptable that Crown Plaza communicates availability to Hotwire for room categories that are sold out. I understand that we have to share a bed with family members but that is very different from having to sleep on a 2 inch mattress. Crown Plaza could have offered another room to resolve the problem but they refused, blaming us for using Hotwire.
Besides facing the side of the building where delivery trucks arrive early in the morning, the room was ok but nothing better than three star properties around the Denver airport. Not recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank awmawm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!